Normal Day in a Life of an Injured Pirate
1.5k 3 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After settling things in the Drum Kingdom, Straw Hat Pirates finally set sail to the sea. With Chopper on the boat, they didn't have to worry about Nami's sickness.

They also gave Chopper a proper welcoming with sake. As their ship slowly drifted away, they noticed someone was still left behind on the island.

"Oi," Zoro stood at the top of the mountain and looked at the Straw Hat Ship slowly sailing away.

(Cough! Cough! That was just a lame joke)

Everyone was on the crew, enjoying the welcome party for Chopper. The straw hat ship set sailed to the Alabasta, but it was already getting nighttime, so they all went to sleep.

Liam didn't get to sleep with Nami. Even though they were lovers, they couldn't share the same room, especially with Vivi and Valentine, who slept with Nami.

But, this made Liam question his ride. Right now, it's Vivi and Valentine. After Alabasta, Robin would join them. That means he won't get to sleep with Nami at all.

Liam couldn't help but sigh pitifully.

The night quickly passed, and the new day started. The Straw Hats were relaxing outside. Because Liam had to eat a lot, he was trying to fish as much as possible.

Their next destination was Nanohana, where they would get some stock like drinking water and food. Afterward, they planned to go to the Rainbase where Crocodile currently lives.

Liam didn't want to take the indirect route since it would be too hard for him. So, he simply told her as long as they could make rain in Alabasta, the war would stop. But to do so, they must defeat Crocodile.

Liam spent the entire day fishing and caught quite a lot of fish.

"Liam, here!" Usopp took out a bamboo-shaped rod and passed it to him.

"Thanks, Usopp! You truly are amazing at this." Liam chuckled and thanked him. He quickly left the cabin and saw Nami standing on the deck.

He rushed in front of her and stood with a smile.

"What?" Nami suspiciously looked at him and asked. She found that he was holding something behind but couldn't see it.

"Liam, why are you hiding this weird rod?" Luffy's voice rang next to him. Suddenly, a vein on his forehead popped out.

Bam!

"Can't you shut up for a moment? It was supposed to surprise." Liam smacked his head and shouted at him. He almost forgot that Luffy could stretch his neck.

"Is it complete?" Nami looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yes!" Liam nodded his head. He showed her the weapon.

"Thank you so much, Liam! You are the best." Nami suddenly embraced him as she took the weapon from him.

"It's no big deal. Besides, Usopp was the one who created it." Liam felt her soft body against him, which made him flustered. Unlike Nami, who was usually unreserved, he wasn't that comfortable yet.

"Thanks, Usopp!" Nami raised her hand and swung it as she looked at the cabin. Usopp was standing there while giving her a thumbs up.

Usopp proudly rubbed his nose.

Soon, Sanji cooked the dinner and they all went to sit on the benches around the table while waiting for the food.

"By the way, Liam, now that you can't fight, what do you plan to do?" Luffy surprisingly asked.

"Who said I can't fight?" Liam rolled his eyes and asked. But suddenly, he felt a cold chill behind his back. His body trembled as he quickly replied.

"Who said I can't fight at all? I can't punch and kick them but I can still fight."

"Are you planning on using something else to fight?" Luffy asked with confusion.

"Well, it is true that I can't fight with with my hand and legs but I can still use weapons, right? Believe me, my aim might be weaker than Usopp but even if I fight with a weapon, I will be better than Usopp." Liam answered and quickly patted Usopp.

"Don't take it to the heart. I was just giving the reference."

"Did you have to use me?" Usopp almost burst into tears as he replied.

"Hahaha! Then, you have to grow stronger." Liam burst into laughter and continued.

"Anyway, I can't punch or kick someone more than once a week. But, we are still at the earlier period of the Grandline. As long as I properly develop a long-range fight style within a few days, I will definitely be able to fight without punching or kicking someone during the next battle."

"Liam, do you want me to build a weapon for you?" Usopp asked as he continued "We only have a few days. It would be hard to finish one on time."

"Nah! I am thinking more about developing my sniping skill while training my Observation Haki. Since I can't use anything else, I will try to perfectly develop the Observation Haki until I can use it in the battle." Liam shook his head and answered.

"Dinner's ready!" Suddenly, Sanji interrupted as he brought the gigantic fish chopped into several pieces, perfectly meshed with vegetables and seasoning.

"You don't have to work too hard. I can definitely cover for your strength." Sanji put the food on the table and patted Liam's shoulder as he spoke.

"Nah! I won't be working hard. I mean I won't be able to train physically. I won't be able to go out in extreme temperatures and I won't be able to properly fight."

"That means I can completely put my focus on something that is important to me and also a bit new." When he said that, Liam sneaked a glance at Nami.

Many didn't notice his gaze except for Vivi and Sanji.

At this moment, Liam could feel the heat behind him. He trembled with fear. He was afraid that he will be cooked alive.

Fortunately, nothing like that happens. Nami blushed slightly but continued to eat her food while Liam also started devouring it.

Everyone else was eating while Liam and Luffy were basically devouring it. After dinner, everyone went to bed.

Just like the last night, Liam didn't get his chance with Nami.

The Next Day,

It was a hot sun burning them wildly. As they moved closer to the Alabasta territory, the temperature just kept increasing.

"Liam, you alright?" Usopp asked seeing Liam fanning himself.

"Yeah! It's just that I am not too good with the heat." Liam didn't feel the heat to the bone but the temperature was truly hot for someone who hasn't gone to the desert in his life.

"You should wear this." Nami put a big black hat on his head. The shadow of the hat fell on his face and slowly cooled him down.

"Don't worry, I will be fine. Besides, if something happens to me, we still have Chopper, isn't that right?" Liam smiled as he looked at Chopper.

"Yes, yes, you can totally depend on me." Chopper nodded his head with a silly smile.

"But still, you need to be careful." Nami put her hands on her waist and shouted.

"Come on! I can take care of myself. You don't have to worry. Besides, you should more focus on those steams. I feel like we have reached the Volcano Region." Liam pointed his finger at the steam coming out of the water and spoke.

"Oh no! Why didn't you remind me sooner?" Nami quickly rushed to the top and started analyzing the situation. While she analyzed, Liam curiously looked for someone.

He was curious whether crocodile will send Mr.2 or not. He likes Mr.2. This guy is truly amazing and would be a true friend to Luffy. But of course, right now, he was their enemy.

So, he didn't know how to handle him.

"Liam, what are you thinking so hard?" Usopp asked.

Liam thought for a moment and asked "Do you think if we try really hard we can fish a man?"

"What kind of weird question is that?" Usopp rolled his eyes and asked.

"I just want to try if we can catch a man." Saying so, Liam dropped the fishing rope on the water as they slowly pass through Steam Region.

"By the way, why is there so much steam?" Zoro walked near him and asked.

"Well, there are volcanos beneath the sea. In fact, there are more volcanos under the sea than on the ground. So, it is quite normal to face this kind of situation." Liam explained.

"Ohhh! By the way, Liam, can you train Observation Haki with me?"

Bang!

When Zoro said that, a figure reached behind him a lightning speed and punched his head.

"Who….. Why did you do that?" Zoro furiously turned around and when he saw Nami, his expression calmed down as he asked.

Nami pinched his cheeks and pulled his face.

"Did you forget what Doctor Kureha told Liam? He is not allowed to train. I don't want you to beat him with the bat when he is recovering."

Liam scratched his head and said, "It wouldn't hurt training like that."

Suddenly, he received a glare from Nami as she pointed her fist up.

"Do you want to taste this?"

59