Oscar Winning Acting Part 1
1.5k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When she asked that, the mood of the crew suddenly went down. Liam was shocked for a moment. He didn't understand why would Vivi say something like that.

After all, she had already asked for Luffy's help and now she was asking for Ace as well? It would be an insult to Luffy. In the original, she didn't ask for any kind of help from Ace.

But, at this moment, Vivi also noticed the mood of the crew and suddenly realized what kind of mistake she had made. She immediately bowed to Luffy and said.

"Luffy, I am really sorry for asking that. It's not like I don't trust you guys. My mind was just occupied by the thought that your brother had defeated a warlord stronger than crocodile so I unconsciously asked. I am really sorry."

"You don't have to explain, Vivi." Nami put her hands on Vivi's shoulder and pulled her away. Unlike others, she understood how much pressure was on Vivi's shoulders.

Just like she said, Vivi believed in them but as a princess, she still wanted to do everything in order to keep her kingdom safe. So, when she found an opportunity, she didn't hesitate to dive down.

This reminded Nami of her own actions. If Liam hadn't stopped her, she was planning on leaving the crew by stealing the ship. Although she wanted to trust them, the pressure on her shoulder was so heavy that she couldn't do it.

"I'm really sorry, Nami." Vivi's eyes turned red as she put her head on Nami's shoulder and apologized.

"You don't have to apologize, Vivi. It wasn't long ago that I had the same thought. If it wasn't for Liam, I would've done something even worse. Besides, nobody blames you for that, right guys?"

Nami turned around and she asked while patting Vivi's head.

"Of course! Besides, Ace might be my brother but he is still my opponent for the chase of One Piece." Luffy smiled as he gave Vivi a thumbs-up and continued.

"Don't worry, Vivi. I will kick crocodile's ass."

"For that, we need to reach to rain base as soon as possible." Zoro said.

"Don't worry, Vivi-chan! Your prince will definitely keep you safe." Sanji showed his simp moment as he started to impress her.

"While that might be the case, we need to be prepared as well. For now, let's eat." Liam nodded his head and spoke.

"Yay! Sanji, lunch!"

"Hai! Hai!" Sanji said as he walked toward the kitchen. Soon after Ace joined them and started talking with Luffy. As he conversed with Luffy, Ace learned quite a few things about his brother's crew.

At the same time, the crew also learned a lot about Ace.

As they started to talk more about Ace, he eventually revealed that he was going after Blackbeard.

"Marshal D. Teach! Wait, I know this person." Liam suddenly spoke which attracted everyone's attention.

Even Ace looked at Liam but his expression was quite serious. Liam then spoke.

"As you guys already know, I keep a record of all important people, right? I have also recorded quite a lot about Marshal D. Teach."

"But Teach wasn't important. He didn't even have the bounty poster. You must have mistaken him for someone else." Ace looked at him with a weird expression and said.

"Ace, Liam is very resourceful. He knows everything." Luffy immediately supported Liam as he spoke to his brother.

"Since Liam is saying that this person is important, then he must be. After all, someone who had spent over two decades over a pirate ship won't easily betray them." Sanji also supported Liam as he spoke.

"That's exactly what I was going to say. But before that, let me explain how I come to know about this man. Since Ace doesn't know me, let me introduce myself. My name is Liam. Before joining your brother's ship, I worked at World Economy Newspaper."

"My work was basically investigating different kinds of people. One time, I had to do some investigation for the bounty purpose of Whitebeard crew and during this time, I did some detailed investigation."

"And, also because the whitebeard crew was so big and open in New World, it was a bit easy. From that, I came to know this person Marshal D. Teach. Of course, for someone who didn't even have a bounty, I brushed off him from my list."

"But, one night while I was trying to sleep, I ended up thinking about something and while I was thinking about that thing, this name came to my mind. I immediately stood up, went to my office, and started doing even more research on this person."

"I started comparing him with people like you, Luffy, Roger, Garp, Dragon, Jaguar D. Saul, and others as well. From this investigation, I came to understand one thing."

"This man, Marshal D. Teach was the complete opposite of anyone with a D on their name. Right now, I don't have detailed knowledge about D but I do know that in ancient times, there exist a family known as D Family and they were the enemies of the gods."

"That's why every person with D in their name is bound to make the sea tremble."

When he said that, everyone sucked a cold breath. Even Zoro wasn't calm.

"But, Roger's name was Gold Roger, wasn't it? Why is he related to D then?" Nami asked.

"Of course not! That's his name after he became pirate king. The World Government had no choice but to change his name in the bounty poster to hide the Void Century. His original name was Gol D. Roger."

"Wow! Ace, did you hear that? Your father's name wasn't Gold Roger. It was Gol. ….." Luffy looked at Ace with widened eyes and said. But, Ace suddenly covered his mouth and looked at him with an abnormal expression.

"What? Your father is the Pirate King?" Liam looked at Ace with a shocked expression and asked. The whole crew was shocked to death.

Hearing that, Ace looked at him with a deadly glare and Luffy hurriedly spoke.

"Liam, he doesn't like anyone talking about his father."

When Liam heard that, he suddenly closed his mouth and calmed down. While he was calm, everyone else was still shocked. They couldn't believe Luffy's brother was the pirate king's son.

"No wonder, you aren't like him. Genes are different." Nami smashed her palm with her fist.

"Don't worry, we won't talk about it unless our idiot captain decides to open his mouth once again. And, sorry for bringing this up." Liam bowed at Ace and apologized with a sincere expression.

Ace heavily sighed and said.

"It's alright. I know he doesn't think before speaking."

"Wow! Ace, you also think before speaking." Luffy looked at Ace with shock and admiration in his eyes.

"Anyway, Liam you should continue." Nami ignored Luffy and then spoke to Liam. Liam nodded his head and continued.

"That's why I got interested in this pirate. I dug more and more. But, the more I understood about him, the more I got confused. Like, who spends two decades of their life in a pirate ship without making name for themselves."

"We might not be like that but we know the pirate ship is hierarchal. So, why would a person with two decades of experience would let Ace become a commander without any grudge or anything."

"And, more importantly, why can a person live without sleeping? If he could use twenty-four hours a day, why doesn't he train and get stronger? If he was from D. Clan, why wasn't he ambitious?"

"If he had stayed for two decades in one ship, why betray them right now? But, now I think I have an answer. That fruit. It must be the reason why he stayed on that ship."

"Are you saying that this person stayed in that ship for just a devil fruit? Although these devil fruits are power, why would anyone spend over two decades just for that? It's ridiculous." Nami didn't believe in him.

Others were also having a hard time believing him.

At this moment, Liam looked at Ace and asked.

"Can you explain how that fruit looked? Please be as detailed as possible."

Ace nodded and told him about the fruit. After all, he had also seen fruit.

When he heard that, Liam's eyes widened.

"That's it. That's why he stayed there for two decades. No, no, no, I understand now. He is from D. Clan. I am sure of it. He is definitely the most ambitious."

Saying so, he looked at Luffy and said.

"Captain, he is just like you but also not like you. If you are the sun, then he is your moon. If you are good, then he is evil. Now, I understand. I understand. Your devil fruit is also exactly opposite to him."

"The most ridiculous fruit in the world Hito-Hito No Mi- Model Sun God Nika versus the most broken fruit in the world Yami-Yami No Mi."

When he said that, Nami suddenly asked.

"Wait, I thought Luffy's fruit was Gomu-Gomu No Mi."

Suddenly, Liam realized that he had just won the Oscar.

"Oops!"

54