Liam Devil Fruit Development Part 1
1.2k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liam put Luffy on the ground. Since Luffy didn’t break the bedrock by sending Crocodile flying, they were in no hurry to leave. Of course, he didn’t forget to take out a bullet from a pouch.

This was a Seastone Bullet forged by Usopp. He walked near Crocodile and opened his mouth. Without any hesitation, he put the Seastone Bullet inside his mouth.

After that, Liam walked up to Cobra and said.

“You should leave and tell your people the truth about the riot in your kingdom.”

Hearing his words, Cobra bears the pain and slowly stood up, nodding his head. He slightly bowed his head and said.

“Thank you for helping our kingdom! Without your help, we would never be able to defeat him.”

“It’s nothing. Besides, Vivi is our friend. But, don’t forget to prepare a banquet.” Liam smiled and shook his head.

“Of course” Cobra nodded his head with a serious expression and turned around. After he left, Liam walked toward Robin.

“Since Crocodile is down, you don’t have any contract, right? Why don’t you join us? You are very important to us.”

“But from your conversation, I thought you know about Ancient Weapons. Why do you still need my help?” Robin made a serious expression and asked.

Liam rolled his eyes and said.

“Do you really think I can read the Ancient Text? Yes, I do know some things but I can’t read the Ancient Text. So, no matter what, I can never replace your position in our crew.”

“Liam, what position are you talking about?” Luffy tilted his head in confusion and asked.

“Luffy, if you want to become a Pirate King, we must need Robin’s help. And, not only that, we must protect her.” Liam turned his eyes and spoke with a serious expression.

“Is that so?” Luffy opened his mouth and made a serious expression.

“Don’t worry, I will defeat anyone who comes for my crewmates.”

“Hey, hey, at least wait until I agree to join, okay?” Robin couldn’t help but feel speechless after hearing their conversation. She still hadn’t made up her mind to join them.

“But, you don’t have anywhere to go, right? Besides, aren’t you tired of moving from one ship to another?” Liam smiled and answered.

But, his answer only made her expression gloomy as she asked.

“Then, aren’t you afraid of my betrayal?”

Hearing her question, Liam chuckled and turned around.

“Luffy, do you think she is a bad person?”

“Nope!” Luffy shook his head without any hesitation. He had already seen through her emotions.

“See! My captain has no doubt about you. Besides that, maybe you will finally find people who will never leave alone on our ship.” Liam smiled and answered.

Hearing his words, Robin froze for a moment and then charmingly smiled.

“Then, I hope you won’t regret your decision.”

“Welcome!” Liam didn’t care about her words as he simply smiled and welcomed her.

On the other hand, Luffy rose both of his hands and shouted.

“Yes, we got a new crew member.”

“By the way, Mr. Vice-Captain, if you already know the location of Ancient Weapons, why do you still need my help? You aren’t interested in history, are you?” Robin looked at him with a suspicious gaze and asked.

Liam heavily sighed and spoke.

“It seems like you don’t about this. Anyway, let me explain this to you. It has been twenty years since the death of Gol D. Roger but nobody has ever gotten their hands on One Piece, do you know why?”

Hearing his question, Luffy tilted his head and asked.

“Isn’t it because it’s hidden away?”

Liam was speechless. He shook his head and said.

“For us, it is hidden but for big pirates and world government, it isn’t hidden. If not, do you think World Government would keep One Piece intact? They have the weapons that can not only destroy the entire island but also erase its existence.”

Hearing his words, Robin’s eyes widened as she shuttered.

“Aa-a-are you telling the truth?”

Liam nodded his head and said.

“They have the weapon that can do this. Of course, I am not sure if it is a weapon or just the power of that person. Anyway, One Piece is on Raftel but nobody can find Raftel because it is completely hidden from the world.”

“To find it, you must find four Road Poneglyphe and decipher the locations given in those poneglyphe. When you cross those four locations, you can find the location of Raftel.”

“The only crew that has ever reached that place is Roger Pirates and that made him the first person to conquer the sea and was hailed as Pirate King. So, without your help, Luffy can never become a Pirate King.”

“WHAT? IS THAT TRUE, LIAM?” Luffy screamed when he heard that he can’t become a Pirate King without Robin.

Liam nodded his head and said.

“In the first half of the Grandline, we need to keep Robin safe from Marines. And, in the second half of the Grandline, we need to keep her safe from Four Emperors including Shanks.”

“Of course, unlike Shanks, others might use some dirty methods.”

Hearing his words, Robin slowly opened her mouth.

“Knowing all this, do you still want to invite me? You should know about my past, right? Every ship I joined has been destroyed.”

“What are you talking about, Robin?” Luffy suddenly stood up and smashed his fists together.

“I will blast anyone who tries to take you away.”

Robin was startled by his words. Before she could say anything, Liam smiled and spoke.

“He is telling the truth. After all, you are now part of Straw Hat Pirates. But, we need to leave soon. It seems like somehow CP Agents get the news about you or maybe Crocodile’s plan.”

“Although I have already killed them, we can’t stay here especially when I and Luffy are still weaker. Tomorrow, we will leave this kingdom.”

“What? CP Agents?” Robin was startled as she showed horror on her face.

“Wait, Liam are you alright?” Luffy suddenly remembered that Liam’s condition wasn’t good even before they came here so he worriedly asked.

“Don’t worry about me. I am feeling even better than before. By the way, Luffy, can you lift him and bring him with us?” Liam was surprised when he saw Luffy’s anxious face.

“What? Why would we need him?” Luffy showed a disgusted expression and asked.

“That’s because I made a breakthrough in my Devil Fruit. I need to test its power on him.” Liam rolled his eyes and answered.

Although Luffy was dejected, he still lifted Crocodile and took him out with Liam and Robin. Soon, they met with others in the Royal Capital. At that time, Vivi had already told the Rebels about Crocodile’s plan, and with the help of the crew, they managed to keep everyone fine.

When they arrived, everyone was surprised by Luffy bringing in Crocodile and Robin. But, with Liam’s words, they all calm down and entered the Royal Palace.

Soon, they took a long bath and this time, Nami didn’t openly show her melons to others. After a proper bath, they finally decided to have a Banquet which lasted hours.

After the banquet, everyone except Vivi gathered in a room where they finally looked at Liam, looking for answers. After all, they had kept Crocodile on the ground with Seastone handcuff and Seastone bullet.

As for Robin, they had already accepted her because of Liam’s words. Unlike Luffy, they have a higher acceptance rate toward Liam’s decision which is also the reason why he is a Vice-Captain of the Straw Hat Pirates.

“Alright, alright, don’t look at me like this. I will explain everything but before, let Chopper say something about my condition.” Liam rolled his eyes and turned his head at Chopper.

Chopper was flustered when everyone suddenly turned their heads at him but as a qualified doctor, he quickly calmed down and said.

“All of you already know about Liam’s condition, right? He should at least rest for four to five months to properly recover. But after I checked his condition today, I found that he could recover in just two months now.”

“His vitality has soared for some reason.”

Hearing his words, everyone turned their heads at Liam looking for an explanation. He helplessly spread out his arms and said.

“Since I couldn’t train after leaving the Drum Kingdom, I had been focusing on developing my Devil Fruit. Kake-Kake No Mi has two main abilities. Betting and Storing Luck.”

“Second ability isn’t something that I can develop but first is. Maybe I can develop a second ability just like how Luffy can train his rubber body to make it stronger through Gear Second. But, at least, I can’t do it now.”

“But I can create different kinds of Bet just like how Luffy can create different Rubber attacks. My Betting Ability is only restricted by Equal Law.”

“This law is simple. Unless I bet something that equals my gain, I can’t initiate the bet.”

........................

I finally have three extra chapters in Patreon. You can check it out and support me.

48