Chapter 2: A deal or a threat?
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The special-grade demon is expressed as something akin to what hero to humans in demon terms. Said in history from time to time as if it constructed it that way by fate itself and extremely powerful individuals born from a specific race during their time of crisis would act as a last line of defense against complete extermination of their race and a trump card against an incoming threat.

Usually, they would be hailed as heroes, saints, wise kings, or champions even by other races, but when they appear from a demon race by some joke made by fate, they are dubbed as a special-grade demons instead.

'What a cruel joke.'

Old king hunched with despair.

While they were busy scurrying around everywhere, searching for the hero. The special-grade demon had already infiltrated their capital and nonchalantly sat there waiting for him to enter his room.

A majestic-looking crown adorned in precious jewels slowly slipped down from the old king's lowered head, hitting the ground with a soft clang. But the old king completely ignored the symbol of his authority and pride of his empire.

What use of a crown to a man about to die and empire about to be wiped out?

"My, my, isn't tad bit too early to give up? Human King ?"

With a chuckle, the demon-like mountain took the crown from the floor and gently placed it back on the king's head. Then fixed to its position with some push from her finger.

"There, isn't the crown suppose to hold great meaning to you? Aw, don't be such a bummer. I didn't arrive here to kill your or destroy your empire. Now cheer up!"

The demon comforted the downed king with a small smile after fixing the crown. Feeling a bit of hope from the demon's words the old king raised his head and saw a pair of beautiful ruby eyes staring at him.

The king wanted to deny the demon's word as just one cruel trick for the purpose of seeing his final unsightly struggle. But when directly facing the demon, he didn't find any signs of arrogance or disdain but warmth. A very familiar warmth that he used to bask under during his past. It was a warmth that he felt from only his parents and his empress.

He and she is only meeting for the first time.

But why is the demon looking at him like that? The demon race said possess no such feeling except cruelty and apathy towards any living thing even towards their own kind.

"T-Then, what do you want."

After being thrown into this kind of bizarre situation for the first time. In his over fifty years of reign, the king fumbled his word.

"Eheh."

Seeing an old king's shining bald head became beet red from embarrassment, the demon's eyes became crescent, and let out a soft laugh. At that moment the heavy air between demon and king became big lighter.

*Cough!*

"Sorry, for showing such a display."

The king quickly recovered from his embarrassing situation and asked again. This time he talked with the demon as an equal.

"It, okay. I like this way. Now, going back to our topic."

Then the king saw the demon taking out an almost transparent orb along with a small bag the size of his fist.

"Those are the bag of holding and sage's stone ?"

The sage's stone said something that contains knowledge and experience of a specific mage of higher rank or a very important historic event. As for the bag of holding it is an artifact that said it could even store the whole castle. Both of them were ancient artifacts that possess worth that can't be measured by any means as the knowledge required to make them was already lost in the time.

"Yes, and I want to exchange those for 100 years of a cease-fire between alliance and demons."

"WHAT?"

The king was surprised again, in the whole history this was the first time the demon side asked to cease fire. And the strongest one from their side is personally requested it. But the current situation was far cry from cease-fire as he know the demon king and his army were already at their border.

If truth be told, it would be him to ask such a thing rather than her.

He knows the demon in front of him is a special grade that possesses both authority and power above the demon king but will the king listen to her?

And even if the demon race listens to her, what about Sky Empire controlled by those hypocrites who call themselves high humans and looking to destroy all 'unclean' races. He can't go against them as the entire human empire depends on them for a supply of magical weapons and armor.

As if she already knows it's the work going inside his head. The demons gently pushed the bag and orb towards him.

"Check them, and you will know the answer."

Due to both curiosity and fear, the king decided to follow the demon's word. First, he placed his hand on the orb and sent his consciousness to check its knowledge contained within.

He found knowledge about creating the magical weapon and armor along with a blueprint of a very particular moving weapon called titan. But those are almost impossible to get unless she directly stole it from their vault...

"D-did you??"

Then he remembered the message he just received from the captain.

"Why, yes~ just as you think it is. I think it requires more than 100 years for those sky rats to fix their nest~"

The demon said with a big smile as if she did some small prank. But her eyes were not smiling. He doesn't know what happened, but the king understood the demon in front of him has deep hatred toward high humans.

Tanking a deep breath old king tried to his best push his surfacing fear back and reached for the bag. Inside the bag, he found various rare and powerful ingredients and materials along with large amounts of books that contained various subjects.

'That is good, at least those things are nothing serious.'

*!*

"T-tho-se are??"

But sadly king's momentary relief was cut short by six heads laid neatly on the desk.

"I tried to talk to them first, but you see my kind is not really kind that doesn't persuade just by word. So I talked with them using the only way they know."

At that moment king understood how much he underestimated the power of a special grade demon.

"Yes, that is the current demon king, four lords, and two nobles who refused my idea even after I showed their places. So I decided to wipe them out to save any further trouble."

0