Chapter 5: Hello and Bye! Golden Finger!
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 20XX

1 month passed since the appearance of dungeons and players around the world. It was a cheesy name, but the government and researcher didn't find any more fitting name. But it was only a childish part of it, on moment appeared it immediately caused a great change to the entire earth and its people.

The dungeons and resources they contain posed both prosperity and bloodshed. Along with the addition of people who said they possess characteristics similar to old RPGs that level up and grow stronger, the appearance of other supernatural things, geographical change, and many more changes were too much for the current government that possesses no prior experience.

But a large part of the population didn't care about such things as usually all people only start to care when it affected them directly. Even if they know about such change, the only thing they think about now is how good it would feel when they suddenly receive game-like powers.

In the northern part of Jiading of Shanghai from China, inside one of its VIP apartments. One of such people that was currently holding an egg seemed made out of crystal while laughing out loud in his dark room that was full of trash and spell of spunk.

“Fuck yeah! I! This daddy has awakened as a player! Wahahahaha! and even I got this pet egg!"

For five to six minutes, the man laughed and laughed until he felt a pang in his chest. But even after he stopped, he could feel his body quivering from head to to toe nonstop. Staring greedily at the egg, the man prepared to hatch the egg so that judge his new pet.

“Eh? What’s going on?” Just at that moment, he drops his blood on the egg, and the entire area around him began to flicker and distort as if he was receiving extremely unstable TV signals. “A power outage? Nah, even if that happened, there’s a backup power generator. Did something happen to a modem?”

Just as the person was considering if he should leave the egg, and go to sleep, a crack suddenly appear around the egg and shattered as if a bomb placed inside. Something shot out from the center and straight towards the man's arm.

For a while, he was stunned and didn’t move from his spot at all. But the moment he realized the situation, the thing shot out from the egg already stuck in his arm!

"WHAT THE FUCK!!"

The man had been scared and speechless. Immediately he tried to grab and pull out the thing from his arm but it was already too late as he saw the thing is burrowing under his skin easily while giving him no uncomfortable feeling. But the sight of something unknown going inside his body brought him to a state of unprecedented fear. Yelling and scratching nonstop at the thing inside his arm, he cried, “Waaa! Nooo! For fucks sakes! Why can’t you follow my command?!”

In the end, he gave up on trying to give the command by shouting. Whipping his head around in terror, the man could only see his arm slowly turning into some kind of dark arm guard.

“Shit! Shit Shit! W-wait!”

But then a thought struck him, causing his entire body to tremble.

"Is this one of those super rare cheat items? Will, my whole body be covered in such armor?"

As if responding to his conjectures, he felt control on his arm along with the dark carapace slowly spread around his body beginning from his other limbs and forming the shape of dark armor.

“YES! Now I only left with a helmet!” Momentarily stunned by the revelation, the man finally began to howl in laughter, “Wahahaha! Yer daddy has finally got a golden finger! All those history books, those experiments, those studies on hunters and awakening novels, they weren’t in vain!

Various systems, golden fingers, cultivators, mutants, I know them all! Wakakaka, my new awakened life, face slapping, women and riches! Here. I. Come!”

"Ahahaha...AH!"

The previously ecstatic howls of laughter soon came to a stop, as he closed his eyes in preparation as the last piece of armor began to form around his head in the shape of a white dragon head. But he failed to notice that he already lost feeling of his body covered by its armor except for his head.

Now along with a helmet, he slowly began to lose the last part of his body that belong to him. But man failed to notice such change as the only thing in his head was the vision of his bright shining future and harem full of beauties.

Just like that the man's consciousness slowly sunk into a dark, deep yet comfortable abyss, and eventually it was completely replaced by Asmar. Even in his last moment, the man failed to wake up from his comfortable dream.

"Aargh! it's been long since I used this technique."

Asmar checked his body before turning into a form of a former human to conserve energy.

"As expected, what use of such a complex system yet not even taking advantage of that? Such weird race."

Wurmkin is a race that possesses a strong, sturdy body with a powerful jaw that allows them to consume almost everything and numerous arms which can do the work of eight or ten people. The human body was both a fascinating thing to study and at the same time its most useless thing to use as his own body.

But for his goal, Asmar is willing to use an uncomfortable body and live as a human. Asmar would be able to use a more simple and effective way to transport himself into this new plane called earth, but due to its corrosive and devouring nature, it was not something his master likes very much.

Even though is something Asmar doesn't get about his master's dislike for things related to the destruction of the soul but to please his master. It's something he is willing to do as in the end all of them will lead to the same result.

As for the soul of the previous owner of his body, "Just like my master said things that such simple types human males love are sex and riches, right?"

With such thought using some of his leftover power, Asmar is simply sent back to a cycle of this world with some benefit for a reward of giving him his body.

With one of his job done, Asmar walked towards his leftover eggshell and took out his master's horn and dagger that contained her soul.

"Now, I need to find that rat-like bastard!"

That was the name Asmar given to another servant that his master sent through the gate first.

1