Chapter 1 – The Challenge
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And then I said...'You're one insult away from starting a war.'" A boy with short blond hair gestured towards a young girl of similar age who nestled warmly in a simple bed. "And do you know what he said?"

 

"What?" The girl covered her mouth as she stared brightly at the storyteller before her.

 

"He said - 'So what if I insult you? Do you think I'm scared of war? If you have the guts, I challenge you to a RP Community War!'" The boy replied after a short pause for dramatic effect.

 

"Wow, Eden! How interesting! There hasn't been a RP Community War for years. It's truly unfortunate that I couldn't attend." The young girl sighed as she massaged her weak arms.

 

KNOCK! KNOCK!

 

"Come in!" Eden replied as he turned to look at the new arrival. "Ah, Kirstie. You're here."

 

"Hey, Kirstie." The young girl waved.

 

The person at the entranceway was Kirstie, a friend and fellow Writer. She had dropped by to check on her two friends. "Hey Rose. Hey Eden. What are you guys talking about?"

 

"Nothing much. We're just talking about what had happened over the last three years. I was just going to tell Rose about the RP Community War with the Youth Writers." Eden replied nonchalantly as he waved for Kirstie to sit down beside him.

 

"Oh, that was an epic battle. I want to hear it too. You tell the best stories." Kirstie plopped down on a stool across from Eden.

 

"Did you take part in it?" Rose asked as she looked over at the brunette.

 

"No...and it was a regrettable decision on my part." Kirstie shook her head.

 

Eden added, "Yea, Kirstie, as well as a number of other older members, were out promoting our community to young hopefuls as well as attending diplomatic meetings with other communities, not just Writing communities."

 

"That's a bummer. What's a RP without Kirstie?" Rose chuckled elegantly.

 

Kirstie lit up with a smile, "I know, right? That's what I told Eden."

 

"Haha, anyways...where was I?" Eden interjected. "Ah, yes! And then, the leader of the Youth Writers issued a challenge towards us. It was a 10 vs 10, zombie apocalypse-style, capture-the-flag-type RP Community War...."

 

..........

 

"Well? Are you going to take up on that challenge or not?" Arthur crossed his arms and glanced impatiently at Eden.

 

Eden held up his hand to pacify the young leader. "Now, now. There's no need to start a war. We're all Writers with the same goal. We should band together and work for a better future."

 

"Hmph! Same goal? I don't know about that! I feel like with have way too many differences. Everything you've said up till now are just excuses! As expected from a coward. Is your community also trash as well?"

 

"You! You can insult me but you cannot insult my community! Fine! Have it your way! I accept your challenge!"

 

"Good! That's what I want to hear. In that case, I challenge you to RP Community War!"

 

"RP Community War? Hmph! Who's scared of who? I accept!"

"Good! Let's make this more interesting."

 

"Interesting? How?"

 

"Let's bet our communities! Loser disbands, Winner takes all of the opposing community's resources."

 

"Disbandment? You can't be serious."

"Yes, I am. Why? You scared now?" Arthur glanced at Eden with a mocking look.

 

Played into the teenaged leader's emotional trap, Eden thumped his chest and proclaimed. "Scared? Me? Hell, no! I accept your conditions!"

 

"Good!" Arthur nodded as he turned towards the other council members. "Can I trouble you seniors to make the RP?"

 

The leaders of the other Writing communities huddled up and discussed among themselves. After a while, an elderly woman stood out and nodded. "We have decided. The Roleplay will be set in a ruined city during a zombie apocalypse. There are two objectives for victory - 1) Kill or Incapacitate all opposing members or 2) Capture and hold onto the flag, found at the center of the city, for one continuous minute."

 

"Okay! I agree." Arthur nodded as he turned to face Eden.

 

"I agree as well." Eden replied as he stared back at the young leader of the Youth Writers. "Seniors, may I ask, what is the participant limit?"

 

"It will be a 10 versus 10. Choose your members wisely and report to the Grand Stadium. You have one day to prepare. That is all. This meeting is adjourned. You all are dismissed."

 

"Yes ma'am!"

 

..........

 

Eden hurried back to his community headquarters where he immediately called for every available member to attend an urgent meeting at the meeting hall. He stood on the stage of the auditorium and waited as member upon member trickled in through the two doorways at the far back. After waiting for about an hour, Eden surveyed the attendees sitting and chatting before him.

 

Not enough...where are the older members? Ah...how could he forget? They were all traveling throughout the country attending promotional events and diplomatic meetings. Not to mention, his best friend was still hibernating in a flower. Eden couldn't help but sigh as he gazed at the rookies before him. Most of the members have not even awaken their Creativity skill yet. As for those who have awakened, their skills weren't all that powerful. There were a few notable ones, but would he be able to find nine?

 

Eden approached the podium and tapped on the microphone. "Ahem, testing...1, 2, 3...testing. Can you hear me? Good."

 

The young man straightened his back and took a deep breath. He grabbed onto the sides of the podium and gazed at his fellow members. "The Youth Writers community has expressed their dissatisfaction with our community. Their leader, Arthur, has insulted us, calling us cowards and trash! He wanted to challenge us in a RP Community War! Loser disbands and winner takes all of the opposing community's resources."

 

Upon hearing that announcement, the shocked attendees murmured within themselves. Eden raised his hands up to settle down the chattering. "I know what he was trying to do while insulting us. It was all to trap us into accepting the war. But, I apologize beforehand, I accepted. I may be able to accept insults directed towards me, however, to insult my friends...my community...that I cannot accept! I'm sorry for my rash decision."

 

When Eden bowed his head in apology, voices erupted from the people below the stage. "Don't worry about it! We understand! They dared to insult us! Even we cannot sit idly and just let them!"

 

Eden's eyes wetted with tears. "B-But the RP Community War...."

 

"It's just a RP. No big deal. We, of PWA, are strong! I volunteer to join!"

 

"I volunteer to join!"

 

"I volunteer!"

 

"I volunteer!"

 

"I volunteer!"

1