Chapter 2 – The Recruitment
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In another city, at what used to be a postal office....

 

"Hey, Arthur, what's with you? Why do you look so happy?" A small, young girl with glasses bounced towards the young leader of the Youth Writers.

 

"Oh, hey Keyes. Guess what? I was able to petition for a RP Community War against those bastards."

 

"Those bastards?"

 

"Yeah. The PWA."

 

"Them? But they're strong. They were able to beat the Madness Suzerain in a RP! Can we defeat them?"

 

"Haha, I've did some intelligence on them. Their stronger members are away. All that's left is that Eden and a bunch of rookies."

 

"Eden? That hateful man? It's his fault for what he did to us. Good! Count me in!"

 

"I knew you would join me. Call the others! We may be a small group, but our members are powerful! Taking on a bunch of rookies is like taking candy from a baby."

 

Suddenly, a voice echoed out. The two turned around and saw eight people walk towards them. The source of the voice was a young man with red hair and a slightly chubby appearance. "No need to call us. We're already here."

 

"Arsenal! Everyone! You came." Arthur looked at the young man along with seven other teenaged men and women.

 

"To deal with that son of a bitch, we won't miss it for the world!"

 

"Good. Good! Let's head out!"

 

"Yes!"

 

..........

 

Back at PWA headquarters....

 

"Okay, okay! We can't all go. I can only take nine others with me." Eden explained as he calmed the excited group.

 

A young man with glasses raised his hand and jumped about for Eden's attention. When Eden pointed at him to speak, the young man cleared his throat and asked. "What type of RP is the Community War going to be about?"

 

"Good question! It will be set in a ruined city during a zombie apocalypse. The victory conditions can be either capture the flag and hold onto it for a minute or defeat all opponents. Participants will be chosen based on this format."

 

"Zombie apocalypse?" A bunch of would-be volunteers murmured to themselves and retreated.

 

Their abilities would not help at all in that type of situation. It was best for them and for Eden if they dismissed themselves. After many stepped back down and bid Eden farewell, only sixteen people remained.

 

Eden observed the sixteen and nodded. He could see some of the more promising rookies amongst them. Eden waved at them to climb up onstage.

 

"Come here. Introduce yourselves to me and tell me your level and what your abilities are."

 

The glasses wearing, young man scrambled up the stage first and chirped. "The name is Owl and my level is four. My ability is 'Keeper of Owls', which lets me summon owls to fight and scout. There's a limit of how many owls I can summon at once though."

 

"Oh? What's the limit?"

 

"I'm not sure. I've never had the chance to test it out, though I have summoned ten owls at one time before."

 

"Ten? Okay. You can stand over there."

 

"Am I selected?"

 

"We'll see."

 

"Okay."

 

"Next!"

 

Next, a young girl in her late teens approached Eden and introduced herself. After Eden asked her a few questions about her ability and how much flexibility it had, he told her to stand to the side while he waved for the next candidate.

 

About half an hour later, all sixteen Writers were interviewed. Eden sifted through his notes and tapped his chin while deep in thought. Who should he pick? Many of the abilities were dependable abilities, however, he needed ones that were preferable given the format of the RP.

 

Finally, he decided to choose which nine to participate the RP Community War with him. He glanced at the sixteen and began listing out names.

 

"I've decided who to attend the RP with me. Owl, Amisa, Lala, Blank, Kit, Glory, JJ, Gino, and Eros. You guys stay. As for the rest, I'm sorry but the RP may not be suited for you. You may leave."

 

Suddenly, one of the unselected Writers leaped forward with a dissatisfactory expression. "Wait! I disagree with your selection. I understand that I am not chosen because my level is low and my ability would not help out much. But, I don't understand how Gino is selected while Dayson isn't. I mean, he's only a level three and his ability only turns his hands into large paws. It's not like it would increase his overall capabilities or anything. Whereas Dayson is nearly twice his level and his 'Falling Stars ability' would be a great area-effect weapon to have in battle."

 

Eden nodded at the young female's explanation and explained the reason for his choice. "What you said is correct. However, you forget that the RP is situated in a zombie apocalypse setting. If Dayson was to unleash his 'Falling Star' ability, he might alert more zombies or worse...the opposing side."

 

"T-That...that's true. But that doesn't explain why you choose Gino."

 

"Relax! I'm getting to that. The reason why I chose Gino was because of his other skills."

 

"Other skills?"

 

"Yes! You may not know this, but Gino is an excellent tracker."

 

"Tracker? Him?"

 

"Yes, not to mention, we would most likely be separated at different points of the city. There will be many times where one has to fight alone. Gino has the capabilities to take care of himself. However, Dayson...he may have a powerful ability. But such power consumes a lot of Creativity. Two or three usages in and he would have depleted his reserves."

 

"Oh."

 

Dayson patted on the girl's shoulder and added. "Don't worry about it. Even I do not mind. Come, let's not bother them anymore. Eden and the rest need to prepare for the RP."

 

"Okay." The young girl nodded and apologized to Eden and Gino.

 

Once those who were not selected for the RP Community War left the premises, Eden discussed with the nine Writers until everyone memorized the different plans for each type of scenario that could occur during the war.

 

It was already late in the afternoon when Eden and the rest finished. It was time for them to head towards the Grand Stadium. They packed lightly and set out immediately. Along the way, the team stopped by Amino's RP for some Rich Plates to eat along the way.

1