Chapter 3 – The RP Begins!
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the Grand Stadium....

 

Many Writers had heard about the RP Community War and had come to see the battle. When the participants arrived, they could see the fully packed stadium. More than five hundred Writers had shown up to view their event.

 

Now, by default, a RP cannot be viewed from the outside. However, by tweaking some of the context as well as adding a few loopholes, the experienced creators could connect the RP to a projector that would display the actions within the RP for the crowd to view.

 

As the crowd began to settle down, the participants made their way to the center of the stadium. Before them, on top of a rectangular podium, was a metal vessel about the size of a pencil box. This must be the prepared RP.

 

An elderly woman walked up to the contestants while tapping on her microphone. "Attention folks. Settle down. We will begin the RP Community War shortly. First off, let me introduce to you the participants. On the left side, we have the ten members of the Youth Writers. They are Arthur, Fan, Keyes, King Jo, Squeek, Dem, Gem, Mandy, Arsenal, and Homer. Although they may be young, but they are each above level five!"

 

"What? They're all above level five?" The crowd went wild at this revelation.

 

The Writers standing on the stage...none of them were older than 20, and yet they were all over level five? Geniuses! They're all one-in-hundred geniuses! How could the other group compete? Unless they were also level five or above, would they even stand a chance in battle?

 

The woman held up her hand and motioned the crowd for silence. "Now, on the right side, we have the ten members of Pocket Writers Association. They are Eden, Owl, Blank, Eros, Gino, JJ, Amisa, Glory, Kit, and Lala. They're a pretty balanced group in terms of level with some lows and some highs. But don't fret! Although their average level is lower than that of the Youth Writers, they make up for it with bountiful experience. Let's give them a round of applause!"

 

The crowd roared with acclamations. While the audience continued to chatter, the participants glared at each other. They exchanged a few words before nodding towards the hostess to start the match.

 

The woman nodded at the leaders of each group and pressed the button on the metal casing. As soon as she turned on the RP, she jumped up high and threw the RP towards the ground. The woman flipped out of the range of the RP, which immediately activated upon impact.

 

'Connectors' shot out from within the metal vessel and embedded themselves into the twenty Writers standing inside the RP's range. With a fwip, the participating Writers were dragged into the RP.

 

The metal casing shimmered a bit before it stopped. Seconds later, the projector flashed on and multiple displays appeared in the air for everyone to see. Each display showed a different angle and followed a different participant.

 

The match had begun.

 

..........

 

Multiple flashes of light burst out at different points of the ruined city. Each light was replaced by a Writer. Some found themselves on top of a building while others found themselves in open roads. There was even one Writer who was transported into the trunk of a car, which brought about the hearty laughter of the masses.

 

When Owl opened his eyes, he found himself on the top floor of a broken down building. The windows were all broken and pieces of glass laid about the dirty floor. He was successfully in!

 

Immediately, he began following the plan set out for him by Eden. As soon as he was transported into the RP, Owl needed to summon ten owls. Owl raised up his hand and focused.

 

"Activate! Keeper of the Owls! Summon ten elf owls!"

 

Upon Owl's words of activation, Creativity exuded out from his fingertips and swirled about in front of him. The Creativity gathered together while it continued to swirl until it became a portal.

 

Ten cages descended from the portal and landed onto the ground with a soft thud. Each cage housed a small - roughly five inches tall - owl known as the elf owl. These elf owls were excellent trackers and can distinguish between certain sounds as clear as day and night.

 

The purpose of summoning these elf owls was all according to Eden's plan. Owl was told to sent out the elf owls and have them track each of the other members.

 

As Owl was telepathically connected with his owls, his owls were also connected with each other. With this ability, Eden determined to use Owl as the team’s communication tower.

 

Owl was naturally happy to comply. He immediately released his owls out into the open field and ordered nine of them to find his friends.

 

The nine owls gave an understanding hoot and flew out towards different directions. The remaining owl stayed by his side so that he could communicate with it. Less than half an hour later, Owl could mentally feel that his owls had located the others.

 

The young man tapped his forehead with two fingers and meditated. "Leader, guys, can you hear me?"

 

"Yes!"

1