Chapter 4 – The Others
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Whew! Never can get used to that!" Kit murmured as he nearly vomited. As this was his second RP, he was still not used to being dragged into the RP via the light-based connectors. "Where am I? Why's it so cramped and dark here?"

 

Kit tried to sit up, but smacked himself in the head by the low ceiling. Where was he? Could he...no! It can't be...was he trapped in a coffin? As panic seeped through him, he started thumping on the lid.

 

DANG! DANG! DANG!

 

"Dang? That's not what a wooden coffin lid should sound like. Maybe I was just over-thinking it." The young blond-haired man muttered embarrassingly.

 

Kit took in a few deep breaths and calmed himself down. He felt around carefully while his eyes adjusted to the darkness. He could feel that he was lying in a type of container with a carpet-like interior. As he felt around his sides, he touched what seemed to be a rectangular lump.

 

"What is this?" Kit pulled at the covering and revealed a glowing latch. "Glowing latch...carpet-like interior...could this be the trunk of a car?"

 

Having finally realized where he was exactly, Kit grabbed onto the latch and pulled. With a metallic pop, the door of the trunk opened. Immediately, Kit grabbed the door and pulled down, leaving only a crack to peek through.

 

It was good thing he did so. There was a zombie camping near his spot. From the looks of it, the zombie was busy consuming the disemboweled flesh of an elderly man.

 

Kit glanced around his surroundings and found that there were no other zombies...or at least not in his visible range. As he thought about what to do next, he suddenly heard some shuffling and moaning noises.

 

Kit peeked out through the crack again and saw the zombie standing up and reaching out with its hands. What's it doing? Kit looked up and saw a tiny owl. It's Owl! So Plan A is in motion! Kit decided to make his move. The zombie was distracted by the owl, it was now or never.

 

"Activate! Specialty Kit! Dual Glock Kit!"

 

With a soft pat, a square box dropped from a portal and plopped down beside him. Kit opened the box, revealing two glocks with two silencers, two gun holders, and four magazines filled with cartridges.

 

Kit grabbed one of the silencers and installed it onto one of the guns. He checked the glock and found that there was already one magazine preloaded into the gun.

 

Kit flipped off the safety switch and carefully opened the trunk door. He slowly sat up and aimed the gun at the zombie.

 

PEW!

 

One shot, one kill. The zombie's head exploded from the power of the bullet. Headless, the monster collapsed with a soft thump.

 

Kit flung the trunk door fully open and clambered out. He gazed around him for any signs of zombies before turning his attention to his kit.

 

He pocketed the four magazines and installed the other glock. Then, he sheathed both glocks and closed the trunk.

 

A flutter alerted him. He turned his neck and saw the that the tiny owl had perched on his shoulder. Their eyes met and a voice vibrated in his head.

 

"Can you hear me?"

 

It was Owl's voice. Kit smiled. "Yes!"

 

..........

 

When Amisa woke up, she found herself staring at the bright, blue sky. There was not a cloud in sight.

 

She sat and looked around. It seemed she was transported onto the rooftop of some building. She walked towards the rusty rails and tentatively peered down below. One...two...three...four floors - a small building.

 

There were a number of zombies littered about on the ground. Suddenly, she picked up a flapping sound. Amisa gazed towards the source and saw two tiny birds flying towards her. They were owls...Owl's owls!

 

Amisa recalled the Plan A that Eden proposed to her and the rest of the members before the Roleplay. Owl would use his owls, which he was telepathically connected to, and sent them out to track the others.

 

Then, through the owls and Owl, the members would be able to communicate with each other. Amisa glanced at the two owls once again and pondered...why were there two?

 

"Could it be?" Amisa muttered under her breath.

 

The only possibility for two owls to arrive at her location was that there was another member nearby. She waved her hands at the two owls. One of them suddenly dove down while the other continued to fly towards her.

 

She followed the diving owl as it glided to the fourth floor. There was someone right below her? She was just about to call out when she heard a ear-piercing scream. The person below her was in trouble!

 

"Activate! Beast of Ra! Summon Shu!"

 

A portal appeared beside Amisa, made from the Creativity generated from the palms of her hands. A beastman with the head of a lion and the body of a muscular man appeared from the portal, exuding a thick aura of power. This was Shu, one of the twin lion gods of Ra. He had many titles. They were Holder of the Sky, God of the Air, God of the Wind, God of the Sunlight, and God of Protection. Naturally, as one can infer based off of those titles, Shu had a number of abilities related to the skies as well as powerful defensive capabilities.

 

When Shu appeared, he knelt down in front of Amisa and growled. "Princess. What is your command?"

 

"Do you hear those screams below us? My friend is in need of my help. Go down and wipe out the threat. Bring her here when your done."

 

"Yes, Princess!"

 

Shu stood up and dashed towards the edge of the roof. With a powerful leap, he somersaulted over the rails. As he descended down a floor, he quickly grabbed the edge of a broken window and dragged himself into the room.

 

He rushed to the door and flung it open, the force tore the door clean off of its hinges. Shu stepped into the hallway and saw a young girl desperately fending off a couple of zombies with a broken chair. It was Lala.

 

Shu let loose a deafening roar, drawing the attention of both the zombies and Lala. The zombies rushed towards Shu upon seeing a new target. However, little did they know, the new target was someone they could not afford to offend.

 

Shu met the charging zombies with a powerful display of wind magic. Wind blades flew out of his claws and tore the zombies into shreds.

 

However, the power of the wind blades continued to fly towards Lala. The young girl screamed in terror and crouched down in horror as she clasped her head.

 

With a loud crash, the wall behind Lala crumbled into chunks. Lala stood up and patted herself to see if anything was broken or missing. Upon finding that everything was intact, she furiously glared at Shu and pointed. "What the fuck are you doing? You trying to kill me?"

 

"Sorry, my bad. I'm not used to this realm's gravity yet." Shu apologized as he scratched his mane.

 

"Whatever, you're Shu the lion god of Ra, right?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Then, Amisa is nearby, right?"

 

"Yes, Princess is on the roof waiting for us. Come."

 

Shu held out his hand and Lala grasped it. With a swish, Shu carried Lala out the window and flew to the roof. After putting the young girl down, the lion god bowed to Amisa and disappeared.

 

Amisa hugged Lala happily and commented. "Thank Ra you're safe!"

 

"Un." Lala patted Amisa's back.

 

As the two hugged, the two tiny owls hovering above them landed on their shoulders. A voice appeared within their minds.

 

"Can you hear me?"

 

Amisa and Lala looked at each other. It was Owl. They smiled. If Owl was contacting them, then that meant he had found the others as well. They quickly responded to Owl's question.

 

"Yes!"

1