Chapter 5 – Casualties
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Glory was rummaging through the shelves in a small store. He was looking for a weapon. Now, he could use his ability, but he feared that he might alert the enemies. Thus, he was looking for something portable and less conspicuous. And a good thing this place was a store.

 

After a few quick searches, Glory found a wooden baseball bat, a nailgun, and a couple boxes of nails. The young man pocketed the boxes of nails in an utility belt. He held the nailgun with preloaded nails in one hand and the baseball bat in the other.

 

Fully equipped, Glory exited the store. He glanced around and decided to head towards the post office nearby. Along the way, he killed a few zombies by with his nailgun. One nail per head...efficient.

 

As he approached the post office, he saw a tiny owl glide towards him. The owl landed on his shoulder and a voice echoed in his mind.

 

"Can you hear me?"

 

Glory was just about to respond with a yes when he caught a glimpse of movements in the post office. The door was partially open. Glory gently pushed the door open, carefully as to not make a sound.

 

He peeked inside and saw a human...an opponent! He had seen this person before the Roleplay was activated. What was his name? Squeek?

 

The small boy had his back towards the doorway. He appeared to be searching for something. Glory held up his nailgun and aimed at the enemy.

 

Suddenly, a weird plant-like creature emerged from the ground. It looked at Glory and screamed. The high-pitched screech alerted Squeek of Glory's presence.

 

As Glory covered his ears in pain, he shot a couple of nails at the teenager. Most missed, but one lucky nail pierced into the boy's shoulder.

 

The screams finally affected Glory, causing him to disorient. While he steadied himself, he noticed that the young boy had ran away. The plant was nowhere in sight either.

 

Glory looked around for clues of the enemy's disappearance. All of a sudden, the Writer noticed a bunch of glowing red eyes down a long hallway.

 

Glory reeled back in horror when he peered down the hallway. Those eyes...they belonged to mice...hundreds of mice! The mouse swarm rushed towards Glory. Glory barreled out of the building and activated his ability.

 

"Activate! Summon Tower! Poison Corrosion Tower!"

 

A large dark-green tower formed from the Creativity that poured out of Glory's hands. He entered the tower and loaded the cannons. As soon as the first wave of mice arrived, Glory unleashed a row of attacks.

 

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

 

Five explosions erupted out as each cannon unleashed a ball of poisonous fluids at the mice. The balls burst upon impact and poisonous fluids splattered on top of the mice.

 

The poisonous fluids were highly toxic and highly corrosive. Upon contact, the fluids melted through the mice, instantly killing them.

 

The second wave of mice could not react in time and ran into the pool of poisonous fluids. They, too, died quickly. The subsequent waves, however, were able to react in time and dodged the dangers ahead.

 

Glory continued to fire his cannons. He aimed four of the five cannons at the mouse swarm, while he aimed the last cannon at the post office. If his thinking was correct, the enemy was still inside the building. Take down the building...take down the enemy.

 

..........

 

Eden and Gino arrived at almost the exact location. When the flashes of light diminished, Eden found himself sitting on a bench in what looked to be the city park.

 

He looked around and saw Gino who somehow landed on a tree branch. As Gino clambered off, Eden waved towards him.

 

"Do you know where we are?" Gino asked as he jogged over and sat down beside Eden.

 

Eden pointed towards a broken water fountain nearby. "From the looks of that fountain over there, this might be the city park."

 

"City park, eh? That's the heart of the city! Does that mean the flag is somewhere around here?"

 

"Haha, I know what you're trying to ask. However, it's a no. The center of the city doesn't necessary mean the heart of the city. It usually refers to the spot with the highest tourism attraction or the highest populace. If my memory serves me right, I believe the center of the city is the mayor's office."

 

"Mayor's office? That makes sense. But, where is that?"

 

"I don't know." Eden began, but when he saw something in the far distance, he smiled and added. "But I think I can find out."

 

Seeing Eden nod towards the sky, Gino looked over and saw two tiny owls flying towards them. "You're going to use Owl's owls to scout for the location?"

 

"Precisely!"

 

Once the owls landed on their shoulders and they heard Owl's message, the two responded. Eden asked Owl, if he had heard from everyone. What Owl responded with surprised him. Blank found out the location of the flag! Glory had not responded to his call! Suddenly....

 

SYSTEM: SQUEEK OF THE YOUTH WRITERS HAD PERISHED TO ZOMBIES!

 

Eden and Gino both cheered at this message. For the opponent to die early on in this RP was advantageous to them in the long run. One less competitor meant one more step closer to victory. However, their excitement quickly dispersed as another message appeared.

 

SYSTEM: GLORY OF THE POCKET WRITERS ASSOCIATION HAD PERISHED TO ARSENAL OF THE YOUTH WRITERS!

1