Chapter 6 – Infiltration
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blank was in deep trouble. He had flashed in right behind two opponents. As soon as Blank saw them, he made a dive towards a broken-down car.

 

Fortunately for him, the two enemies did not see him. Blank repositioned the broken sideview mirror and observed his opponents. They were a boy and a girl...twins by the way they look.

 

They seemed to be talking to something...a plant? Blank edged closer to listen. Though they were whispering, he was still able to pick up a few words.

 

"Others are safe...Squeek fighting...flag found...retrieve...."

 

Flag found! Blank realized that the opposing team had already found the location of the flag and determined that they were heading towards the location right now.

 

Blank needed to follow them. But how will he be able to send the location's coordinates to the others. As he glanced about, he saw a tiny owl flying towards him in the distance. That's right! Owl can relay the message!

 

Blank raised a finger up and the tiny owl landed on his finger. As soon as the owl landed, Blank heard Owl's question. The young man stared meaningfully at the owl and mentally responded with a 'yes'.

 

Blank explained the situation he was in - about how the enemies knew about the location of the flag and how he was tailing the twins. After informing Owl of his situation, he waved his hand causing the owl to fly away and severing the connection between Blank and the others. He can't have his identity given away if he wanted to infiltrate into the enemy side.

 

Blank followed behind the twins at a distance away. The girl seemed to be more goal oriented as she kept urging her brother to hurry and head over to the flag's location. However, the brother kept distracting himself with killing zombies.

 

"Dem, hurry up! Arthur told us to reach there first. We need to secure the place before they arrive." The young girl stomped her foot as she crossed her arms in impatience.

 

The young boy grimaced at his sister's actions. "Gem, just a few more zombies. Let me play with a few more and then we can go, okay?"

 

"Fine. I'll give you five minutes. Come back here immediately when you're done."

 

"Okay!"

 

The young boy, Dem, rushed into a small building and started whacking away at a couple of zombies with a metal pipe. When Blank saw Dem rush into the building, he immediately followed. This was a big chance. He will use his ability and take Dem's place.

 

Blank's ability was known as Identity Theft. He had the capability to disguise himself as someone through contact.

 

Now, this wasn't just a simple disguise. No, Blank could also imitate the target's personality as well gain access to his or her memories.

 

The only flaw to his ability was that he could not use the same ability as the target. But, hopefully, he wouldn't have to do so.

 

Blank walked up to Dem while he was busy swinging away at the body of a legless zombie. With a swing of his arm, Blank smashed a stone brick at Dem's head.

 

Dem grabbed his head in pain and turned around in shock. The amount of time they glared at each other made Blank think that his attack was too soft.

 

Just as he was about to raise his guard and swing again, the young teenager rolled up his eyes and collapsed. Blank dragged Dem's unconscious body away with a sigh of relief and tied him up. Then, he hung him up so that the zombies could not reach him.

 

Blank touched Dem's body and concentrated. "Activate! Identity Theft! Dem's Identity!"

 

Creativity flowed out from his fingertips and engulfed the unconscious teenager. After a few seconds, the Creativity transferred itself to Blank.

 

After swirling around Blank for a few rounds, the Creativity seeped back into him. Blank's appearance had completely changed! He now looked exactly like the tied-up teenager, even his height and weight changed. Blank looked through the memories he looted from Dem.

 

Dem was short for Demon and his ability involved Demonic Possession. His sister, Gem, was short for Gemini and she had the ability to double anything.

 

"Gem is Gemini? I thought it was for Gemstone." Blank muttered upon the discovery. "If I could think that, then the others might as well. I need to alert them so they won't be surprised. Where is that owl?"

 

Just as Blank was about to call out to the tiny owl, Gem's voice interrupted him. "Dem? You finished yet? It's been five minutes. If you aren't responding, then I'm coming in."

 

"Ah, I'm done." Blank expressed as he walked out of the building.

 

Gem peered at him and commented. "Something's different about you. You seem...less excited."

 

Could this be twins' intuition? Blank tightened the bloody pipe in his hands and answered. "What are you talking about? I can kill a few more zombies. Here, let me show you."

 

"Wait! We don't have time for that. Come on, let's go!"

 

As Blank followed behind Gem, he carefully wiped away some sweat from his brow. That was a close call.

1