Chapter 2
50 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So can you run that by me again? I forgot to understand the first time."

"As, I, said:" Creed pronounced each word, "we're in the back part of town- no one's going to check here for any slavery orphanages- it doesn't pay anyone!"

It was now early morning, and the sun had starting casting it's rays hours ago.

"Do you know when we'll leave?" I asked

"To the darkest pits of Hell and back three times if I know. Just tied me up n' lugged me off like a shi'ak."

"What's a shi'ak?"

"It's kinda like this plant that's mostly underground, and just a bit of it appears above ground, and it trips people. It hilarious." He cackled menacingly, his thick black tail waving from side to side, rocking him.

"Who's this bloke?"

 From above Creed's bed a stout, short teen poked his head out. We both turned to look at him. He had short black hair, a hefty beard, and hazel eyes.

"Looks skinnier then me anorexic grandma"

Creed turned to look at me, assessing the state of my body.

"Isn't it normal for an elf to be a little skinny"

"He ain't a knife ear, ya twit, he's a human." He replied.

Creed changed his gaze to my ears.

"Whoa you're right! Your basically a twig! When's the last time you ate anything?"

"It's been three days." I said, before realizing that that was before I died. Though looking at my current condition, it seems about right. Earlier I thought it was just because of the moonlight, but now I realize that my skin is deathly pale.

"Muck, friend! If I was you, l'd have already tried to eat someone." Creed looked out the window with an assessing gaze, then said "in about two hours they should bring some food. Can you survive that long?"

"Should be fine"

"Looks like the wee twiggy brat's of some mettle" the dwarf said.

"Me name's" "no one cares" Creed cut him off.

"Ya blight bastard! Come'ere-!"

The dwarf grabbed for one of Creed's horns while hanging off his bed, and tried to beat him, but Creed nimbly evaded with a chuckle, turning to a laugh when the dwarf fell to the floor. Standing back up, he stood a full 1.3 meters in hight, and was shaped like a square. He must be a dwarf, I thought. Rubbing the back of his head while glaring at Creed, he then turned to me to introduce himself "i'm Tordin, Of WarSteel" 

"Enoch"

Someone had woken up from the sound of a dwarf smacking wood.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes, her pointy ears twitching. She looked somewhat like a ghost, with pale gray skin and silver hair, and about she looked to be fourteen years old. When she removed her hands, she turned her head all around, until he silver eyes locked on to me. "Who might you be?"

"Enoch, I'm new here"

"Clearly. Although," She looked me up and down,  "with your frame, I likely wouldn't have noticed your presence anyway. My name is Seriven."

I sensed something behind me, and turned to see Creed with a very wide grin looking at Seriven. She looked less then pleased. She scowled, saying "why do I have to be stuck in a room with that thing- It's just the worst, having to wake up with that in my sight." Creed's grin widened, looking like it would split his face in two, his tail swinging around.

"How long have you been in here? How many are here?" I asked.

"It's all 'round the same for all six of us, about three months." Creed answered, after he stopped displeasing Seriven with his gaze.

"Who do you think they're going to sell us to?"

"What you think I am? A visionary?"

"What's a visionary?" A small voice asked from the top bed to the left of the door. 

He was about 92cm tall, with brown hair and eyes.

"Kinda like a fortune teller with less makeup" Creed explained 

"Ohh... My names Benrin" he said, turning to me.

"Enoch"

He smiled, and leaned over the long end of the bed.

"Hey Aesher, wake up!"

Using the bar at the side as a hinge, Benrin catapulted himself to the bed underneath his.

An arm shot out and caught him in the air. It was armoured with golden scales and short claws. The figure it was attached to was covered in a rough blanket, and only his head was exposed, which was enough to shock me. In short- reptile and large.

Then the arm retracted with the small humanoid in it's grasp. The massive form turned over, and used Benrin as a teddy.

"...what is he?" I asked

"A halfling, obviously," Creed said.

"The one with scales?"

"Oh, Aesher? Yeah dragonborn are pretty rare."

And then a thump was heard from the bed to the left of the window.

Its occupant, now on the floor, mumbled in words I didn't understand and untangled itself. Literally.

It had cow hooves, spindly arms with eleven sharp and pointy talons on each but no palms, a long sharp beak, and a thin stick-like torso. He was six meters tall, having to bend severely as he reached way past the ceiling, and looked downright terrifying- Even more so when he let out a horrible ear-splitting screech. He looked kind of like a four year old's attempt at drawing a human come to life, except the color was an iridescent black. His eyes, bulbous and round, and tar black, contained the Abyss.

"And... that?" I asked.

"Oh he's a... I have no idea. Doesn't even speak common, 's'far as I know. In fact, I didn't  know he could move 'till now. Was he always that tall?" He mumbled the last part.

"Common?"

"Oh, deep deapths- now! Just now! You just spoke common! I'm getting dumber just listenin' to you" Creed said.

1