Chapter 10
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Record clearing time, record achievement rating, record tries to completion. Did I miss anything?" Fix said.

"Fastest training completion?" I suggested.

He grinned and affirmed "damn straight! I didn't believe you at first, Inkle, or for the first month, or the twentieth, but you actually did it! With that said" he took out a badge from a hidden pocket and handed it to me. It was circular, with a dripping dagger and arrow crossed over an R that was emitting rays.

"Wow, getting the personal insignia of the administrator of the Rogues' guild's training is quite something." I said, looking at Fix.

His eyes widened for a second before they narrowed, and he asked "how long?"

"Well I'd been suspicious of you since the beginning when I first entered here and the examiner said 'I'm done'-that's usually a phrase that people say before they pass on a case to higher management, although that's only what I think. You can't be the guild or vice-guild master, as with so many branches, I'd imagine they have too much on their plate to deal with a random initiate. The recent combat that I had just been through in the illusion had been with a relatively high-ranking tattletale from the guild, and I overpowered him easily. You, on the other hand, beat me ten out of ten times, which leads me to believe that you're part of the highest management, specifically in a combat related field. I can't think of any combat fields aside from the training, and the fact that you're here affirms that belief. Then the illusion training- when you first introduced it to me, you gave me a hint at how hard it was to obtain such a thing. That you had it means you have considerable sway, and that you even wanted to means that you've often dealt with training. Then there was that phrase that you said in surprise- 'do you understand the importance of what you just did?' I had dismissed it originally but it kept nagging at me. There were a lot of other hints."

He assessed me for a bit, before rubbing the back of his head embarrassedly, a hint of red on his cheeks. "Of course you found out. It was supposed to be a surprise." He composed himself, and said "well I guess formal introductions are in order. I'm Celebdîn Calagilion of Siltaurë, head administrative authority of rogue training facilities for the Rogues' guild's general management."

"That's one long title."

"Usually the long ones are the ones that matter, Pinkle."

"Enoch," I corrected, "my name is Enoch."

"Your name isn't Pinkle?" Celebdîn asked.

I looked at the idiot before me, incomparably shocked. "Are- are you serious?"

"You said your name was Pinkle Ephaunt." Then a look of realization crossed his face "Oh..."

I can't believe this idiot...

Anyway, I need to know how much time passed exactly from the first day I came here.

"Two years, eleven months and twenty nine days. It'll be three years in two days," Celebdîn answered when I asked.

So I have two days?

"I'd like to leave now," i turned to leave.

"Sure, but in the future you'll have to pay tuition fees- give out take about 100 platinum."

I'll have to ask Creed about the denominations in this world. I turned to leave again through the door I originally came in through, when I was stopped for the last time.

"Enoch, how did you find this place? How did you know about the WandereR?"

I turned around at his question, formulated my answer. Then, with a smile, I replied:

"Upon my life 

Been turned against

And upon my death

I lived again.

When I awoke 

To the demon's call

He played a tune

And his voice enthralled.

His words soft and sweet

His tone abyss and deep

He said in three years to meet

And that promise I'll keep.

'Now don't forget

The place we set

In three years time

Your soul is mine.' "

I then turned and exited through the door.

0