Chapter 11
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Immediately after leaving the Wanderer, I checked the sign. It really had an R, so I guess it was WandereR. This told me several things- the coalition is real, the thieves' cant is most likely accurate, and I need new clothes, the last one having nothing to do with the sign.

The clothes I was wearing were months old, and hadn't been washed in all that time. Moreover, they didn't fit. I walked to a clothes store, and walked out with a green shirt, black pants, and socks. I'll put it on my tab. 

Wow, I thought, these are really good.

Using a series of acrobatic maneuvers, I got to the shoe store across the street without dirtying my socks or being detected.

After walking out with a pair of sturdy brown boots, i felt ready to take on the world.

I searched for a coalition establishment so I could make a quick coin.

I found one tailoring shop called NoBle Top, and entered.

The shop was large, and many noble personas and merchants alike of varying races were going around checking fabrics and designs.

"Hello, how may I help you?" A human woman came over to me.

"I'd like something light and easy to move in."

"Ah. Would you like gloves or a hat?" Gloves referring to stealing, and a hat referring to intelligence.

"I would like a pair of light green gloves, preferably short." The length of the glove meant how long the heist would take, and the color would refer to ethical considerations. Not all thieves lacked morals.

She started measuring, and said, "it looks like you're in need of a size three," she said at my right. That's the location.

"In how long will it be finished?"

"Between three minutes to tonight," That is referring to the heist time.

"Very well, please put it on my tab," this is about the gloves I'm buying. You don't go into a place like this and not buy something- it's the LAW.

She smiled and nodded.

Walking out of the store shortly after, I walked three buildings to the right of Noble Top, finding a group of three having a conversation.

"Afternoon," I interrupted. There was a halfling, a half elf and a gnome. "I heard that you were discussing pocket sizes?"

"Oh," the gnome answered, "I was just thinking that a big one could be very attractive, you know?"

"Well," I asked, "would you mind if I joined the conversation?"

They looked at each other, and then agreed. If someone knew about the coalition, it meant they were trustworthy.

"So what kind of pockets do they have where you come from?" This was a question of what faction I'm from.

"Small and light gray," black is the brotherhood, light gray is the Rogues' guild, dark gray is the thieves' guild, and purple is the Beggars' union. Size is how new one is. 

"Well, how about we take this conversation somewhere else?" That meant that we were going to start now.

.......

"Thanks Enoch, you were a great help," the halfling Todbe said.

"You sure you're a greenhorn?" Beah, the gnome asked.

"Well," the half elf Eric said, "it was nice knowing you."

And we parted ways, me with a bundle of Platinum and gold and silver coins, as well as a relatively expensive gem. I payed the clothes shop that I was at this morning-which I checked, and it was called Emilie's Bow- a secret visit, sneaking one of each coin onto the desk, and a note saying- 'thanks for the clothes'. I'm going to have to visit that place more often- good shops should be patronized. Surely at least one of those was worth enough to cover the clothes cost, right? I put a gold coin on the counter at the shoe shop, and headed to 'NoBle Top'.

With a bell ringing when I opened the door, I entered to receive my gloves. They were light green and close fitting, of a material that was extremely comfortable and reached slightly past my wrist. I could hold things normally in them, as though they were an extra layer of skin.

"Perfect," I said, "how much?" 

"Three silvers," she answered. I was slightly shocked at how cheap it was in comparison to what I had expected. I gave her a gold coin and got seven silvers in exchange, so it's ten silvers per gold.

I may have overpaid at Emilie's Bow, but it didn't really bother me. I'd probably go buying there inconspicuously again next time anyway, so the extra pay can be used for making better products.

I went to a road-side stall selling a weird cinnamon chicken-muffin called a chivkkimom, which cost two copper, that I paid for with a silver and in exchange got back eight copper. That means that each silver is ten copper, each gold is ten silver, and going by that order, then each platinum is probably ten gold, meaning a thousand copper, or five hundred chivkkmoms.

I then headed to an abandoned orphanage, waiting for the arrival of a long awaited friend.

0