Day 6
1.3k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Jack Side] 

After Jack left the marketplace, he headed to the direction opposite to Victor's base, he passed between ruins and more ruins killing goblins and orcs in the way and leveling up, then he arrived at an old cookies factory. The iron gate was closed, Jack approached and knock three times in it. The gate opened and a muscular man with military clothes. The man looked at Jack, smiled and said: "Boss! Where were you? Are you hurt? What happened to you?"

Jack smiled and said: "I will explain later, now gather everyone! I have something to tell them." the man with military clothes rushed to gather everyone. Jack looked at his status: 

—---------------------------------------------—

[Hp: 550/550]|[Mp: 150/150]

[Status: Jack]|[Age: 22]|[Gender: Masculine]|[Lvl: 6]|[Job: Apprentice Assasin lvl 4]

[Skills:|[Stealth (lvl 3)]|[Farsight (lvl 1)]|[Presence Detection (lvl 2)]|[Throw (lvl 2)]

[Passive Skills:|[Wield Dagger (lvl 2)]|[Dodge (lvl 2)]|[Herculian Strengh (lvl 1)]|

[Resistances:|[Physical Tiredness Resistance (lvl 1)]|[Stress Resistance (lvl 1)]|[Fear Resistance (lvl 3)]|[Bleed Resistance (lvl 2)]

[Unique Skill:|[Weapons Master]

[Weapons Master: Can use any weapon with mastery, but it just applies for close combat weapons. You became terrible with magic.]

—---------------------------------------------—

Jack smiled, he was becoming strong. Stronger than a normal human. Inside the base, ten people were looking at Jack with a confused look. Jack stepped forward and said: "Well, you guys remember when I left to explore and find a market because we didn't want to just eat cookies for our entire life? In the way, I found a big marketplace. Two groups of survivors were fighting for the right of that marketplace."

The ten people looked at his boss. Jack smiled and continued: "After a few seconds of discussion, I stepped forward. Then i felt that someone was watching me, looking at the direction that the gaze came I saw a pair of eyes looking at me. A teenager was watching from far away. Then, three orcs appeared." when Jack quotes the orcs, the group of ten people looked at him with, fearful, hateful and sad expressions.

Jack looked at the man with military clothes and asked: "Mark, you know what you think about the orcs?" Mark looked at his boss and sincerely answered: "They are bastards. They like to laugh while killing. Their bodies are sturdy, blades can't kill them. But guns can. Difficult to kill."

Jack smiled and threw at them a bag, inside the bag was ten orcs ears. The crowd looked at Jack with surprised expressions. Jack smiled and said: "The human being can adapt in any situation. Well, I adapted. I and the teenager that was staring me in the marketplace. When the three orcs appeared, all the other survivors runned away, just I stayed there. An orc threw his mace and killed an old man. Then another orc threw his mace at me. I dodge. Well, i killed two orcs, but the third hit me with his mace, making me flew and hit the marketplace wall. I think I broke some bones. But I didn't die because the teenager saved me, he carried to his house and treated my wounds with magic."

A woman with glasses and red hair looked at his 'boss', and when she heard the word magic, her expression turned scared to excited in an instant. Then she said: "Magic? Did you say magic? Brother, please say that i didn't hear it wrong! Please!!" 

Jack laughed and said: "Yes Myriana, I found someone who can use magic. And magic is real. He is an [Awaked], like me." Myriana, Mark and the other team members looked at their boss with an excited expression. Then Mark asked: "Awaked... What is this?"  Jack looked at Mark and said: "An [Awaked] is a person like me, I can fight easily with monsters and became stronger and stronger. The [Awaked] is human evolution." 

Jack approached a broken machine and with his bare hands, he raised it. Looking at the stunned expression of his subordinates, Jack laughed and said: "I don't know how I awoke. But the teenager should know. But he doesn't like to talk... I invited him to come with me but he refused when i looked at his eyes I saw extremely sadness well, maybe his family died... And after I forgot, don't get near him, he has a cat that is extremely scary." 

Another guy with black hair and blue eyes looked at his boss, laughed and said: "Boss, do you have Ailurophobia? (Cats phobia)" 

Jack laughed too, but he said with a serious expression: "No Samuel, I don't have this something-phobia. His cat has black fur and red eyes when I looked at his eyes, I could see the hell." 

"Maybe is a monster?" said a man with glasses, looking at his boss with a dubious expression.

Jack looked at the man with glasses and said: "Maybe you are right Gorge." Gorge nodded and murmured something, he grabbed a notepad and started to write something. Then he murmured: "What should I ask him...?"

Jack explained what he could, then he said about his body changes and his skills. And the localization of the marketplace. After a few minutes talking Jack asked: "So, I want to ask you all. How should I approach the teenager? He seems to fear people. Because when I talked to him, I saw fear in his eyes."

Myriana approached his brother and said: "If he is scared of people, and he just knows you, you should approach him. He saved you, so maybe he is just shy or something."

"Shy? Why would he be shy near the boss?" asked Mark with a dubious look.

"Well, maybe... Just maybe..." said Myriana with a happy expression. 

Jack grabbed the tooth that the teenager gave him, and said: "He gave me this tooth, I don't know where he got this thing but is light and hard. I could easily cut the throat of an orc with it." he played with the tooth, making throwing up and slipping it in his fingers.

"It looks like a shark tooth..." said Gorge.

"Yes, but there's no ocean here," said Samuel.

"Maybe is the tooth of another monster?" said Myriana.

"It should be," said Mark. 

Jack looked at the gate and said: "Well, should I go talk to him again...?"

____________________________________

[Jack Base]

Jack: I will visit my wife!

[Victor's Base]

Victor: "Achoo! *Sniff*"

Yoko: Meow??

Victor: I'm okay Yoko, there's someone talking about me?

34