109.
328 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"descendant? could you explain? before that, the hello mister world tree, it's really nice to meet someone with your wisdom.

[responding to your greeting first, nice to meet you and I appreciate your consideration of this old tree trunk, for your first and second question, that's right, you are now my descendant as guardian]

"When did I sign the deal?

[You did it when you accepted to heal yourself with my power]

'but at no time?...

'wait, it was you, right?

-...

'say it

-forgive me! It was the only thing I could do when I saw that your body was in that situation.

' I was just sleeping on the floor... What's so special that I need to be a guardian descendant?

-... I'm sorry.

'Ha... what a nuisance, let's first see what this old man with the voice of a child with a guardian means.

"So? What do I have to do? If I have to stay here until I die then forget it, take it from me.

[relax, you don't need to stay here, in fact, you won't be taking care of this body]

Ren:???

Elpis:???

(???)

storyteller: ??????

"could you explain?

[to explain it better, first take that seed out of your ring]

"ho... can you tell just by touching me?

[More specifically, I can feel the traces of energy that sprout from your ring, besides that I am linked to that seed]

"oh really?

Ren took out the seed that he got in the dungeon and stared at it for a moment before placing his hand back on the tree trunk.

"Are you linked to this?

[That's right, in summary for you, that seed is me, and I am that seed, your mission is to protect that seed until it fulfills its destiny]

'protect the seed of the world tree until it fulfills its destiny? I know that in the game the word destiny was used, but I am not from this world, how can your destiny be if I am not from here?

"... I don't understand

although ren was confused, he preferred to keep listening to the world tree.

[no need to understand it, just need to appreciate it when it blossoms]

' I still don't understand... let's say they're things from an old man.

"As you say... the point is what will I do with it? Should I just have it in my ring? or is there a specific place to plant it?

[go slowly young descendant, when the time comes, you will know]

"...another question, how can I improve this power?

the leaves of the world tree fluttered as if finding what ren said funny.

[You can't improve his strength alone, you can only understand him and borrow the strength of the trees]

" How do I do that?

[You just need to be among nature, understand it and live with it]

' All the more reason I will go to live in a forest for a month.

"Okay, thanks, I have to go.

Ren was eager to understand nature, besides that from the ice elf village as a point, Ren will be able to visit that dragon to get his heart and thus complete his promise with Saiko, so Ren was going to say goodbye and leave.

[Would you let me give you one last piece of advice before you go?]

"??... forward

[You shouldn't be so anxious young descendant, you should enjoy the moment, not just want to move forward without slowing down for a moment, this will be better for both your physical and mental health]

"... I will take it into account, I appreciate it.

[you can come to me whenever you want]

Ren nodded to the tree before letting go of the trunk.

Looking behind him, he saw Kiriko looking at him intently.

"What's wrong my King?

- What did you two talk about?

"On how to make a cannon out of the wood of it.

- could you stop talking nonsense?

'but you could really create weapons through the wood of it...

"So don't ask my King.

-OK.

Kiriko nodded when she saw Ren not wanting to talk about it.

" by the way

-um?

"Kumiko can use flow now?

-...

" what?

Ren asked, annoyed, which Kiriko was doubting for a long time, but under Ren's persistent gaze, which showed that he was getting tired of waiting, he had no choice but to speak.

- she told me not to tell you

"So it's a no huh?

- how do you know?

Kiriko asked anxiously.

"If she had made it, she would have bragged about it to me.

Kiriko couldn't contradict his words since it was true.

ren started thinking about the reward after finishing the lessons with that elf.

it was getting flow as a skill.

Originally it is not possible since unlike normal skills, flow is taught in a traditional way, but Bornner was able to recreate that skill which should only be learned from the cradle to be able to learn it quickly.

only ren will have to fight using flow principles against Rossweisse to see who has better talent and current flow control.

whoever is better, will get the book.

and once the skill is obtained, it will be directly learned at a maximum mastery level and from there the rank can be improved by growing faster along with the rank of the user.

if you quickly upgrade in rank, you could fight magic from powerful people.

ren make their way to the cabin where Bornner lives.

Arriving at the old-looking cabin, Ren knocked on the door, but there was no one.

so ren decided to change his fate to the training camp where he usually trains with Rossweisse.

while he was walking, he was talking to Elpis.

'Once we are in the ice elf village, I must go see that dragon

-Do we really have to ask one of those lizards for help?

'There is no other choice, the question is how your test will be...

- and if we leave it?

'...

- I take back what I said.

'ha... in the game this test given by that old dragon is usually tied to "fate".

- destination?

' Didn't you say that you checked my memories?

-There were too many, I just glanced at them.

'...anyway, in a nutshell, his test is usually something that has to do with the inside of oneself, such as tests of courage, and bravery among others.

-and fate?

'Well, I don't know, in the game, it appeared that if you do the test at an advanced moment in the story it will be more difficult or also when you have a great preference for different heroines since once they fall in love with the protagonist, they "join" the protagonist with destiny, it really is somewhat confusing, but you don't have to worry too much to get destiny, that test is less likely to appear with me since I don't have a protagonist destiny.

-...

---

storyteller: ...

author: (...)

---

- OK?

' So don't worry too much.

Arriving at the training area, Ren was able to see Bornner sitting and meditating.

Bornner said without opening her eyes from his meditative state.

- young ren, Miss Rossweisse, it's time

"The ultimate test?

- that's how it is

"And Rossweisse?

-here, human

Rossweisse fell from a tree landing next to Ren.

Ren just glanced at him before looking away and looking at Bornner.

"Then, old man? How shall we do?

- you two against me

"um... this will be hard

Ren said thoughtfully.

- it will be impossible.

Rossweisse said listlessly.

she saw firsthand Bornner's fighting ability and she knows she can't win even if it's 2.

Bornner to try to reassure the 2 boys said calmly.

-don't worry guys, all you have to do is make my foot move from where I'm standing.

Bornner said as he got up off the ground and pointed to his left foot that was glued to the ground.

"That's all?

- that's all.

" OK.

Ren stepped onto the ground and a layer of ice appeared from her foot and ran in the direction under Bornner's foot with the aim of lifting his foot off the ground with ice.

when the ice got under Bornner's foot... the ice didn't advance any further.

-what are you doing?

asked Rossweisse confused.

"trying to lift his foot with the magic

Ren replied without much change in his expression as he looked at the smiling old elf who didn't move.

- and why not get up?

- for this, little one

Bornner said before slightly moving his foot, the instant he did so, a large amount of ice appeared from the sides of Bornner's foot rising as if magic had exploded.

Many nearby trees ended up frozen by Ren's accumulated magic.

Despite being surprised by a large amount of magic, Rossweisse still reprimanded Ren with her calm voice.

-that's all?

"The old man blocked the passage of my magic and kept it spinning at a small point until he released it and slid it to the sides of him, attacking his feet will not be useful.

Ren analyzed how they could move the smiling old man.

-then what do we do?

"Do you ask me or order me?

-I order

" I owe you something?

-...

- I ask you

"just attack together.

- OK.

"I will go to the front, support me with covering fire

- who will support you? I will go with you

Ren looked at Rossweisse who had drawn her sword from her ring and put the bow away from her.

"ha...

Ren drew his sword as he commented.

"Just try to play along with me

Rossweisse nodded.

the two ran in the direction of Bornner.

but Rossweisse stepped forward and lashed out with her sword covered in ice magic.

-ha!!

Bornner with a raised sword waited for the attack, when Rossweisse's attack was about to connect, Bornner moved the sword slightly causing Rossweisse's attack to continue its path in another direction and crash into a nearby tree.

The clash lasted only a few moments, causing Ren to sigh as he tried to swing his sword at Bornner.

Bornner likewise calmly deflected Ren's sword causing Ren to end up hitting another tree.

As Ren cut down the nearby tree, he was left thinking.

'um... I clearly felt that my sword didn't lose strength at any time, I didn't even feel that he touched my sword, but the old man easily deflected all my attacks as well as increased the force with which I went.

Ren calmly analyzed what happened before running back to Bornner trying to match Rossweisse who was running wild.

Ren leveled his strength level to be at the same speed as Rossweisse and try to attack together, but it seems that for some reason Rossweisse went ahead at the last moment and was then thrown by Bornner in another direction.

- that's all?

Rossweisse was about to run again when she heard Bornner's voice, but an ice wall that appeared out of nowhere stopped her.

"Could you calm down and think for a moment?

- ... what do you mean, human?

"You go ahead at the last moment when attacking.

- to give it the wow factor.

"It's not working if you don't notice, don't you see that by suddenly using more mana, Bornner can read it quickly?

- so? what do you suggest?

"Well, it's simple, not using mana to boost our attacks

-um... could work.

Rossweisse thought it was a good plan, flow art deals with deflecting whatever mana is used, so it might be possible with just physical strength.

- Don't you children think that would work against me, right?

"Better try, right?

Ren replied as he shrugged.

- I guess they're right, they should hurry up, when the sun touches my face, the exam will be over.

Bornner said who was under a big tree, Ren realized that when the old man diverted them, he was always away from the tree.

"You have to be careful, he will divert us to the tree now.

- very insightful young man ren.

Ren ran this time with his base force towards Bornner from his left and attempted to slash the old man.

but from what ren was going in a straight line, Bornner's detour led ren to the full left to the location of the tree that shaded Bornner.

'This thing is beyond all logic... flow breaks the laws of physics easily.

if the deflection had been to the left slightly it could be understood... but literally, ren was momentum in one direction and Bornner deflected ren's momentum completely to another direction by gently touching him, just by gently deflecting his sword.

Ren stepped on the tree trying to break his fall, but some leaves fell from the tree before Ren could land on the ground.

Seeing that, Rossweisse screamed.

- Could you be more careful human? you almost fell the tree

"go ahead miss

-hum

Rossweisse ran towards Bornner as he launched small ice spears.

Bornner deflected all the spears causing them to collide with the tree causing the tree to shake throwing more leaves.

Rossweisse thrust straight at Bornner's foot, but it was also deflected in the direction of their spears that were still stuck in the tree behind Bornner, the ice spears preparing to poke Rossweisse like a chicken skewer.

Rossweisse panicked as she was about to be pricked by her magic, but from the trunk of the tree, a pillar of ice grew horizontally giving Rossweisse a place to step, but at the same time causing the tree to shake, throwing more leaves.

Ren who had created the ice support calmly looked at Rossweisse in silence.

Rossweisse couldn't help but be embarrassed before she said seeing Ren's silent gaze.

- okay, I'll give support with the bow.

Ren nodded before getting into position as Rossweisse pulled the bow out of her.

- what kind of support do you want?

"Just shoot arrows to one side, and I'll take care of blocking it on the other side.

Ren ran towards Bornner who was still smiling at her while Rossweisse had already drawn the bow.

When pulling the bow, the arrow went in the direction of Bornner from his right, Ren who had approached from the left launched an ice spike formed from her hand to follow the spike with his sword.

Bornner calmly waited to see who would arrive first, seeing Ren reaching out with his sword to cut him down, Bornner first deflected the ice pick by barely touching it with his sword and then faced Ren's sword.

Bornner used to flow and moved Ren's body causing Ren to be hit by Rossweisse's arrow and thrown in the direction of the tree behind Bornner, the tree that kept the shade.

Ren hit the tree, causing many leaves to fall from the tree.

"ugh

- human!

Rossweisse ran towards ren who had an arrow on his shoulder and crouched down next to him.

Ren got up from the ground before removing the arrow from her shoulder calmly without much change in her expression leaving Rossweisse strangely worried, she asked Mr. Bornner.

- Don't you think that is very excessive, Mr. Bornner?

Bornner asked Ren with a smile, while Ren was somewhat confused by Rossweisse's words.

- Do you think so? young ren?

"It's not like that, Rossweisse, this is normal.

Rossweisse couldn't avoid asking in surprise.

-Where in the world is it normal for your teacher to hurt you?

"And we're not attacking old Bornner with real swords?

-but...

"If we were stronger than him, the one who would receive the wound would be the

-...

"It's as simple as this, if you use a sword to damage, be prepared to take damage

- I thought weapons were for killing monsters...

"And they are not living beings in the same way?

-...

"Anyway, we must concentrate, we don't have many opportunities left.

Ren pointed to the ground around Bornner, and bits of sunlight were already almost skimming Bornner's foot who was still smiling.

-It seems that this is about to end.

Ren looked at Rossweisse who was quite frustrated that she was about to fail the test.

Rossweisse looked at Ren and saw in his eyes the same tranquility as always, at this point she didn't know if what Ren was detained was ignorance or absolute confidence.

Ren approached Rossweisse and showed her her arm where a message appeared with the blood from the arrow wound.

"Did you notice how he hits back every time he uses flux?

-eh?

It is said that people ignore certain details of a memory when they do not see it relevant, Rossweisse realized at this moment that Mr. Bornner follows a pattern every time he attacks.

'He hits back... one at a time.

The spotlight shone on Rossweisse's small head and she looked at Ren in shock.

'this human... we only fought for a short time, but I notice the weakness of his defense.

Ren said some ambiguous words to Rossweisse.

"Make sure your magic doesn't slow me down this time.

Rossweisse heard the mocking words, but she understood the meaning.

' make sure your magic is by my side this time.

Rossweisse nodded and began to chant her magic.

while ren who had already closed the wound on his shoulder got into position, ren bathed a large amount of mana in his sword preparing to run.

-[great arrow of ice]

a thick arrow slightly larger than Ren's height formed from the magic circle in Rossweisse's hand.

-ugh

Rossweisse felt the magic in her body run out, she doesn't have a catalyst in her hands to cast her magic, she had just used magic without any equipment for it, that's why it required much more mana than needed, but even so, Rossweisse stood up straight and signaled for Ren to come forward.

Ren nodded and began to run towards Bornner's direction at the same time as the arrow that was heading hard at the elf who put on a serious expression for the first time.

when the arrow and ren were about to reach Bornner, Bornner moved for the first time.

The free right foot went towards Ren who was coming from the left waiting for him to come.

but ren smiled mischievously while Bornner felt a bad feeling.

Ren while running made a strong stomp that caused his foot to sink into the ground.

but when his foot was inside the earth, Ren made a root hold his foot for an instant.

just a small moment is enough for both the arrow and ren to reach Bornner at the same moment.

Bornner had a straight face... he smiled.

Using his left foot as a center, he began to spin around her foot up to 250 degrees turning away from the giant arrow and dodging Ren.

Bornner was deflecting the arrow in the direction of the tree.

The instant Bornner touched the arrow to the side of her sword, Ren smiled.

'[mind in flow]

everything became clear to ren.

and Ren saw how Bornner was using the current of the mana flow to change the direction of the arrow.

it was as if Bornner were changing the direction of a stream of water.

ren just needs an instant with his mana.

Ren with his sword touched the back of the arrow.

what he did was he created a stone in said stream making Bornner unable to divert it completely.

and causing it to be pushed back slightly.

and taking his left foot off center.

ren stopped his momentum while Rossweisse trotted in the direction where a laughing Bornner and ren.

-hahaha, I didn't think a couple of kids could do it, I must congratulate you guys.

"Thank you, old man.

-Thank you very much Mr. Bornner for teaching us so far.

the 2 students thanked the old elf enthusiastically for the teaching time from him.

- have, here is a book for each one.

Bornner took out 2 books that contained [flow] as a skill.

Rossweisse was surprised, she thought that Ren was the one who would keep the book since he was the one who fought the most, but they both received a book, this left the elf with silver-blonde hair surprised and happy.

-Thank you very much Mr. Bornner!

-I await the blessing of the goddess in her ways, and young ren, could I know what you have in mind? you seem rather pensive.

"...um, old man Bornner, you can respond to more than one attack at the same time, right?

-ho... why do you say so?

asked Bornner with a look that indicated he was confused.

"Although I can't use even flow... I felt that you only used a part of yourself to deflect the magic arrow.

- did you notice it huh?

Bornner said with a big smile.

- huh?

-Not bad young ren, he realized the last lesson I will give.

Bornner nodded with a rather happy smile.

- which is it?

Instead of answering, Bornner asked Ren to launch 3 ice magic attacks at the same time.

Ren nodded as he stood a little further from Bornner.

' let's see.

'[mind in flow]

Active mind flow making his world clearer to his instincts.

With ice as his center, Ren directed ice across the ground in front of Bornner, to Bornner's right, and Bornner's left.

from the 3 corners, 3 ice tentacles were formed.

'Let's see how far someone with his experience can go.

3 ice tentacles went full speed toward Bornner at the same time.

Using only his palms, Bornner began to move his arms gently before the attacks came, and Ren saw an incredible sight.

3 C-rank ice magic attacks failed to touch Bornner, an ordinary old man who doesn't have a magic core, thus an ordinary old man.

Bornner deflected and broke all 3 ice attacks leaving Rossweisse looking on in admiration and Ren nodding in understanding as he defused his mind in flow.

' This art will be important if this is well practiced.

- do you understand? My "weakness" was a weakness because you thought it was one, don't always trust yourself to believe that you have someone's weakness, it may not even be visible to the naked eye.

"I still don't get it, but I'll do my best, and thanks for the last lesson.

ren replied

- I didn't see anything but thank you for showing us such a wonderful sight Mr. Bornner.

Both Ren and Rossweisse thanked the old elf Bornner and left the training ground heading towards Queen Arwen's palace.

In Ren and Rossweisse's silent path, she somewhere along the way started to look nervous.

Ren noticed said behavior in her, but he let it be her, he was involved in something more important.

'um... who do I give this to?

Ren wondered as he held the flow book as a skill.

- won't you learn it?

' that's how it is

-so?

' I can already use flow with mind in flow, once I resolve the grudges of the original ren, I can do it naturally, this ability is not necessary.

-You know it's a passive ability, right?

' and?

Ren responded calmly, Elpis suspected something when she saw Ren not wanting such an important sword art for the elves.

-ha... you already have thought about who to give it to, right?

'Nothing escapes you from me, right?

- I'm in your mind ren.

At that moment, Rossweisse spoke to Ren.

- human

' Will I be able to give it to Kumiko?

- why?

'She's having a hard time, from what Kiriko said, she couldn't even learn the basics of flow and I don't think her trainer has flow as a skill.

- I asked, why would you give it to her?

'Kumiko can't stay behind the path of the hero, if she stays behind she may die which means a bad end for both the causer and kiriko

- oh really?

' Didn't you see the bad endings of the game?

- bad endings?

' That's right, Kiriko is a person with a big heart, but that same heart can become corrupted if it is broken, in the game, there were cases in which if many heroines die, the iron heart that does not allow the evil of kiriko can be broken, and the bad guys can use it to infect it with dark mana

- Excalibur doesn't protect it?

' That's right, but there is a method that they used in an event that blocked Excalibur in the game, or it also happens that when kiriko doesn't have a sufficient level of strength, he can become infected and if that happens... it will be a lot of problems for the human world.

- Yes, it's interesting, isn't it? the savior of humanity becoming the destroyer... almost poetic

' I can't deny it, but hey, if this world ends, would it be a possible unhappy world for Akane and me, having to escape destruction? and that is if I don't die on the way.

- is, and if we do not die, we are together remember?

'Yeah, yeah, we're bound by fate, blah blah blah

-more than you imagine.

Elpis said with an amused tone, but no one really knew how true his words were.

-human

Rossweisse moved her hands in front of ren's face causing ren to turn her attention back to her.

"what's happening?

- you just ignored me, human

"Oh yeah, what were you saying?

-...

- I just wanted to say thank you, but I regret it, you don't deserve it.

"Of course, whatever you say

-...

"by the way princess

- what do you want?

There was some hidden resentment in Rossweisse's voice that ren don't know.

"Did they give you an answer about help for your people?

-...

"???

- No

"um, really?

Rossweisse had her head down, but upon hearing Ren's voice, she subconsciously said.

- is your problem?

"...

Ren just turned his gaze and said calmly.

"not really, it's not my problem

-...

Rossweisse looked at Ren coldly as she followed her lead.

At that moment, an elf with silver hair who was very notorious ran down the street coming from the opposite direction of the queen's palace.

-sister!

Rossweisse wondered why there was so much emotion in the voice of her brother, who was running as if her life depended on it.

- calm down Cold, what's wrong?

- the hero will save us!

- the hero? What are you talking about?

-The hero said that he will go to our town to help us with some special seeds that the elf king gave him.

Rossweisse's eyes widened and she couldn't help but get excited.

-that!? are you not kidding me?

- Do you think I would joke about that?

-by the goddess yes! and when she will give us the seeds?

-He said that he needs his light magic so that the seeds can germinate safely and don't wither.

Rossweisse at that moment yelled excitedly, leaving Ren especially missed by something.

' Since when is light mana necessary for those seeds? If I'm not mistaken, they are only cold-resistant seeds, don't tell me... Kiriko is planning something? Although it doesn't matter, it will help me to go to the ice elf clan in the same way.

Ren nodded to himself before heading to the elven queen's palace, leaving the 2 jubilant brothers in peace.

 

---

(by the way, from chapters 20 to 25 let's say... I improved the narrative a bit (I hope so), and I hope you can reread them... seriously, what used to be 1800 words is now more than 4000 words in most of those chapters (I got inspired, ok, no :V) thinking a bit more about Ren, and I'll continue to add a bit more to the previous chapters for future readers)

even I, as a narrator, suggest that you read those old chapters, only those chapters, if I have time for the following week, I will pass on the progress of the current author when the new chapters are uploaded, but from 20 and 25 even to me they like it, I hope for the dear readers they also like it and understand it especially. (although I rewrote it from chapter 1... I hope it is understood in this language, which to my bad luck is not my forte, besides not having an editor... its sad for the novice author)

It's not the readers' fault that you can't afford an editor, tremendous misio (someone who doesn't even have money to pay for his coffin).
(...)

(I'm thinking of cutting staff)
I apologize for my offensive words dear author.

8