117
453 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The path to the underground farms was very striking. The head of the ice elf clan was revered by the elves wherever she walked, even though the elves were seen to be very hungry, even so, they revered her loyally.

-hail our mistress!

- may the goddess always be with her

- I thank you for protecting us from the monsters that stalk us.

The boss was secretly smiling as she told Kiriko about the poor state of her territory.

She began by commenting on curious things about the gifted children who participated in the selection to enter All this year.

A project by Arwen to give talented children the opportunity to enter All.

Then, the boss told curious and funny experiences about the fauna and flora of these lands, but then, she softly commented lightly on the attack on her territory a while ago and on the newly recovered soldiers who came out of their stretchers to witness Kiriko, The queen actively guided the conversation by getting Kiriko's curiosity, therefore, she ended up informing Kiriko many things while pretending that she couldn't stop.

Ren listened to everything with a neutral expression throughout the entire journey while Kiriko and Kumiko later were seen with many changes in their expressions, from happiness to sadness, to finally concern, the more Kiriko heard about how ugly it is to live in the cold. constant, no food, and frequent monster attacks, caused Kiriko's expression to become worried the more time passed, Ren was walking in silence listening to the bad news being delivered to the hero.

Ren was amused by the situation and accidentally blurted out a comment.

"Hum, that woman is more calculating than I thought."

-master, what's happening?

Hina spoke at that moment upon hearing Ren, Ren responded to Hina with ventriloquism since he was being watched by the guards around him, although they were located a little far away to keep away the elves who wanted to get closer, Ren felt like he was being watched. especially.

"Do you know human empathy?

Ren asked Hina curiously.

-that's how it is

Ren decided to educate Hina a little.

"What that woman is doing is a strategy, she uses Kiriko's empathy to try to get Kiriko to give her something, she must have received a report about the many things that Kiriko brought in her ring, on the trip, the soldiers tried to get him to give them something in the travel, even if only once, it's actually a good strategy if you're trying to use an idiot.

Ren momentarily remembered when he pulled out a magically engineered c4 bomb from his ring, the change of expression on the guards was memorable to him.

-So that woman's ass itches?

"um?"

Ren frowned at that vocabulary.

"Where did you learn that from?

Hina answered her master's question innocently.

-They told me that when someone's "butt itches" it's because they're doing something stupid.

"umm... I don't deny it, her ass is itchy, but don't use that expression with anyone other than me, I don't want Kelly or Kiyoshi to learn that, understand?"

-understood, master

"What other vulgar vocabulary did you hear?"

-asshole, reconchadetumadre(Peruvian insult), fuck you-

"Okay wait, we'll leave it for later

Ren got a headache at the... varied language Hina learned.

Ren put aside Hina's vocabulary, he began to look around at the elves who bowed their heads before the queen.

They praised her queen with a heated look. Seeing that, Ren got bored of the sight and decided to train.

'Let's see... the old man told me to take some time to feel nature, to better understand the power of the world tree.

Ren, who was ignored by the queen, Rossweisse, and the guards who were escorting the group, began to practice, trying to concentrate while everyone stopped at the request of Kiriko who wanted to get closer to the village elves.

Starting with breathing, Ren breathed softly and deeply, clearing his mind, Ren tried to feel life, although it was something absurd if it were in his old world, Ren stopped applying himself to logic a long time ago, after all.

What are the chances of a person being reincarnated?

A few minutes later, Ren began to feel something, he didn't know what it was, it felt as if a person who had always had his eyes closed felt like he could open them, and see for the first time, Ren began to focus on that sensation,

'Come on Ren, penetrate the sensation, just as the boss wanted you to penetrate her

Then, Ren opened his eyes.

'What the hell is this?

Ren saw something absurd just now, he thought he would have x-rays, maybe laser eyes, or eagle vision, but no... his vision seemed the same, the only thing different was that there were small auras on the others.

Looking at the others, Ren noticed that all the elves had auras of different colors, some had blue colors, others were earth brown, but many of them had a transparent color in their auras that covered their bodies along with snowy blue auras.

'Um...the elements? Can I know what element each person has? earth, water, that white seems to be ice... Interesting.

Ren focused his attention on Kiriko and Kumiko.

Both of them had transparent white auras with no other extra color on them.

'shouldn't they have the color of their elements? How fake

Not seeing the 4-element guy...well, 3-element and Kumiko who was dual elemental in his auras, Ren assumed this didn't show him the others' elements.

'So what is it?

Ren turned his gaze towards the elf chief to be amazed.

'Is she 5 aura? What is this?

The ice elf boss had 5 auras of different colors on her body, none of them mixed, each aura moved through her body in harmony and was concentrated on hers....

'Seems...

"Ugh

Ren held his eyes in pain and let out a silent scream.

'I accidentally used mana on my eyes, I almost went blind from using too much

Ren rubbed his eyes with his hand and continued on his way, but the doubt remained in his mind.

'What is that aura? And why is it concentrated in the belly?

.
.
.

The group arrived at an underground guarded by guards.

Looking around, without listening to the clan head's explanation, Ren saw how it worked after a few minutes and ignored what was happening around him to concentrate on his analysis.

"Hina, take note.

-under his orders, master.

"The underground farm is under the city, without the possibility of using sunlight for photosynthesis, from what I can see, this method is used due to monster attacks on the surface, but it is also used due to the lack of territory which It's a good solution, the replacement for photosynthesis is the hundreds of mana stones in the corners, but they don't seem to be normal, they must be similar to the ones that woman showed me, the plants Kiriko asked for are fruits that accept mana, According to the library books, these fruits are unique to the territory of Arwen, and nowhere else.

“Apart from being cultivated under strict care, they cannot be cultivated anywhere because their seeds come directly from the world tree and die if they are not planted for a long time…

'Um... I need information to know exactly those crystals, but considering they could take mana from me, they must also be able to give.

Ren turned his attention to Kiriko and the others to be slightly taken aback.

Ren saw that proud woman Rossweisse, his Dorrian cousin, and the head of the ice elf clan bowing to Kiriko, and as if they had practiced it beforehand, the 3 said in unison.

- please help us hero of light.

-oh!!!

The surroundings exclaimed at such a scene, causing chaos.

Ren also noticed the surroundings upon hearing the voices, they were surrounded by dens and villagers.

'what the hell?

There were guards, and villagers who were watching the scene in amazement, many began to cry even when they saw their bosses asking Kiriko for help.

There were even the bandaged and injured guards that the boss mentioned a while ago.

Ren turned his gaze to the 3 royal elves.

'Look at this old lady

Ren had to force himself to hold back the mocking expression that he wanted to come out with, the boss was doing incredible publicity for the hero and herself.

Her showing reverence shows her respect and desperation towards the hero, once she achieves it, although the villagers will praise Kiriko for her help, they will also revere her queen even more for lowering her head before him. a human.

"2 birds with one stone

Both Rossweisse and Dorris had their eyes closed, but the clan head... although she had her eyes closed, Ren could tell that she had a smile on her face at this moment.

“Um… I have to admit, she did well.

Ren thought it was a good move by the ice clan chief in the face of difficulty.

Ren heard Kiriko's words.

-Please let me do it.

Kiriko with a determined face walked step by step to be in front of the farmers on the side of the road, he took out a giant bag from his ring that contained all the seeds to be planted.

-we appreciate this opportunity!

It was funny how the elf farmers held the seeds as if they were sacred items and walked to put the seeds in their respective places, even Kiriko, Kumiko, Dorris, and Rossweisse along with their queen went to plant those seeds.

On the other hand, the guards looked at Ren in confusion for standing and watching while the other humans worked.

-Aren't you going to help too?

“Do I have any reason to do it?”

The guards did not insist any further and just looked at Ren with contempt.

Ren on the other hand just waited patiently for the others and even felt that Kiriko was a little addicted to drama because of how he kissed each seed before burying it in the ground.

'You should stop listening to the church drama

An eternity later, everyone left the cultivation area while Kiriko went to the middle of the place.

Ren at that moment took out a bag from his ring and began walking in the direction of Kiriko.

The guards took out their spears and pointed them at Ren, but Ren only responded.

“I have to deliver this to the hero, will they block my path?”

Ren's cold gaze made some guards back away a little.

-…

The guards lowered their weapons and Ren walked step by step towards the center of the place.

On the way, Ren looked up at the roof of the dome. Although it was barely visible, children were looking through the ice glass of the roof. Many of those children were thin and looked pitiful.

'Elpis, if I use the power of nature here, how much will I spend?

-um... if you try to use your mana, you will take at least 20 years off your life.

'um...

-there is another option

'Which?

-contact Gabriel.

'It doesn't work, I tried it.

-You tried it for your impure motivations, if you ask for help in this, they will let you talk to her.

'… I will do that.

Ren began to pray in a low voice.

.

.

.

Kiriko was kneeling in the center of the growing area, given all the ice elf villagers.

Despite being surrounded by a crowd, Kiriko did not feel nervous, he felt his heart broken.

As the Author said, Ren is not Kiriko.

Kiriko had all his notable emotions on his face, the pain and helplessness of not having helped these people before, he felt responsible for the misfortune of the elves, he is the hero, but he could not help these people before he put a gigantic weight on Kiriko's shoulders, seeing the horrendous situation that he had underestimated before coming here tore his heart continuously.

The clan chief knew this before Kiriko came here, and that's why she made a show of calling all her people to this, her original plan was to do it silently and then show it to everyone, so that they would be amazed and increase their loyalty towards her people, but making a show with the hero in the center will also work, she only needed Kiriko to fail to awaken these plants ahead of time, then her people will instinctively dislike Kiriko for failing, she will then approach him and she will tell him not to worry, like a benevolent queen.

It was obvious that those seeds would not produce crops without having to undergo care and protection for a few months, she only pretended to trust that child's words to achieve her goal.

But not Ren, Ren looked at the elves with pity in his heart without changing his expression, he knew that the children did not deserve this, but he also knew that it was not Kiriko's fault, poverty is part of chaos and chaos is natural in the world.

Blaming everything on one person just for being chosen as a hero is pure arrogance coupled with stupidity.

So Ren decided to move, to help the hungry children of the elf village, and to help his friend from losing an entire possible ally due to a move by the chief of the ice elves, the events that happened in this land did not happen in the game, since in the game Kiriko did not come here, she learned about this land thanks to Rossweisse who went to the capital of the elves, In the game, Rossweisse was an NPC who always had a blank look when giving secondary missions.

If something were to happen here, and if Kiriko is going to help, he can't have the town against him.

Without knowing any of this, Kiriko was still on the ground, wanting to help everyone, he read in the books that only sacred magic was what had enough vitality to accelerate the growth of these plants made by the world tree.

He was here, in front of the holy sword trying to pray to it for help.

but the sword did not respond to his call, Kiriko instinctively felt that its power was barely enough to give them a small sprout, although it can help these plants to germinate, there would still be months left for them to produce crops for these pitiful elves.

At some point, everything became silent for Kiriko, the elves who were previously praising Kiriko in the distance were now silent.

One might think that it was because Kiriko's concentration was so high that she stopped paying attention to everything, and it is true, but it is also true that for Ren, who had been walking for almost 20 minutes, everything was silent, since people were silent. I was realizing that nothing was happening,

There was a dark feeling germinating in Kiriko's heart.

'why am I so weak? Why do I lack power?

Before those thoughts continued to grow in him, a bag covered his field of vision along with a voice.

-chocolate?

Kiriko's tired gaze looked at Ren who was up.

"eh?

-hurry up, grab it

Kiriko just raised her hand and the bag fell on top, Ren sat next to him and began to eat looking ahead, where you could see an entire town looking at Kiriko in the distance.

-how are you?

“…I don't know, but compared to them, I'm fine.

-umm

Ren responded with his usual tone.

“hey Ren

-um?

“Why am I so weak? I want to help everyone, but I can't.

-…

“Am I really the chosen one?” I feel… I feel like I can't do it, I can't solve any problems.

-ha…

Ren, who was listening to Kiriko's words, said a sentence.

-I didn't know you were so arrogant

"what?

Kiriko couldn't understand Ren's words.

"I do not understand what you mean.

Ren even spoke in a ridiculous tone.

-Think about it, you arrive in a foreign land, and you come to declare that you are going to solve a problem that tormented them for hundreds of years as if you were God, what is that but arrogance?

“…

-what you can do is what you should do, no more than that, more than that is arrogance.

“…so what can I do?

-I don't know, you tell me, what's your advantage? What differentiates you from others?

Kiriko looked at her hands, and after a few moments, she spoke.

“my light magic?

Ren looked at Kiriko with contempt.

-oh really? Do you think that's your advantage?

"so?

Ren smiled mischievously and spoke proudly as if he were preaching.

-your money

The answer left Kiriko speechless for a few moments.

“…what the fuck?

Kiriko couldn't help but curse at such stupidity, but Ren's smile didn't waver.

-That's right, your money will save this town.

"What are you talking about?

-Did you not notice?

Ren pointed to his foot, which was sunk in the ground next to Excalibur.

-Come here, look carefully at what's under my foot.

Kiriko approached Ren's shoe where he saw a small, barely noticeable golden light.

-put your hands on it.

Kiriko put her hands on the ground, the ground was cold, but this area felt hot.

-I'm going to charge you a fortune for this when we get back, for now, I'll settle for you just taking care of the disaster that's going to happen, if they ask, just say that an angel answered your call.

"what?

*tzz

A sound of lightning was heard from Ren's foot, and everything became bright.

.

.

.

8