19. fight against the protagonist.
1.4k 9 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When it was said that my next opponent would be the protagonist.

I had thought of giving up at the beginning, it was not necessary to draw more attention to the other fights I used the situation that it seems that my victory was lucky.

The students took me as someone very lucky, but not all of them fell for my move, the teacher Shiro realized that I used tricks to appear weak, and the only students who noticed were 5 who looked at my fights differently from the other students. Others curiously were kiriko and the heroines.

Knowing that those tricks like using sweat to make my opponent lose wouldn't work for someone like Kiriko, I knew it wouldn't make sense, I just had to fight with everything with him, but I don't plan to do it even if they pay me a lot of money.

' be in the same capacity as the protagonist who is considered the most talented? Just imagining the aftermath gives me a headache.

Relaxing as I decided to give up, a note reached me discreetly as I entered the slack state, the note just said.

- If you lose on purpose, the exoneration of theory is canceled.

Sincerely, your loving principal who wishes the best for his beloved student.

...

an involuntary sigh left my mouth.

do you really want me to be embarrassed? I can't even use spells now, and that kid can use all 5 elements.

Starting in the semifinals, the student will be allowed to use spells to better measure her abilities.

(The magicians participate equally in the classification, only that they compete between magicians and there is a jury that measures the results and gives them a position)

when they called me to the arena, with my back as heavy as my mood right now, I went to introduce myself.

Upon arriving face to face with Kiriko, he put on a smile and told me kindly.

-Do not worry, knowing your lack of power to use mana, I will not use spells against you.

"Then, I will take your consideration with open arms.

'what did you think? That I would tell him that it is not necessary to hold back against me, to Kiriko? I'm not a protagonist brother, he'll put me in a bind in a few moments with his sword, I don't want spells flying at my back, ok?'

I thought to myself.

Taking a deep breath I put myself in the same position as before, the position of the bum, defense mode.

(It's the one I use in the warehouse and yes, he can switch to attack mode if he wants, he just wants to be on defense for now).

Watching his opponent get into position, Kiriko's hands itched to begin.

He knows that Ren didn't use his all with his other opponents, since at the end of the fight Ren didn't even sweat.

The others didn't notice because they looked at Ren's opponent embarrassed for losing and Ren after hearing the final whistle, immediately leaves the arena.

Kiriko suspected that Ren would surrender at the beginning to avoid attracting attention, so she sent a message to her aunt on the phone while she was in her office asking her aunt to ask the tutor to give Ren a notice to fight. , but I didn't expect that she would be here directly.

Looking up into the air, Kiriko couldn't see his aunt, but he knew she was here, using water mana to create a sphere around her and make a mirage to be invisible.

Kiriko got into a stance, which is to hold the sword with 2 hands in a style similar to a kendo stance, and concentrated on facing the subject who was pretending to be weak in front of him.

At the whistle, both opponents didn't move, they just looked at each other, but the look was enough for them to know what the other wanted.

Kiriko realized Ren wouldn't budge so she took the first step and lunged at him, slashing forward, Ren used his free foot to deliver a slow-looking Brazilian kick, just about to touch a hair. from ren, kiriko saw the sword that was on the ground blocking and deflecting his sword to his left, giving ren free passage, ren's kick became fast, and kiriko about to receive the kick put his arm to the right of his face, and blocked the kick, putting his left hand on the ground, he kicked with his right foot toward ren, but Ren also blocked it with his other arm, the two of them stayed in that position for what seemed like seconds.

they separated and distanced themselves, in the same defensive position, ren waited for kiriko, and kiriko pounced again, unlike before with the bald assassin who was a rank above, Ren now did not have that problem and was able to follow the rhythm to kiriko.

and so they fought for several minutes, hitting and blocking each other, without landing a good blow, although kiriko has great experience in martial arts since he practiced when he was young, ren was not left behind at any time.

In his past life, after the fight with the kendo teacher, Ren was not satisfied with that, he wanted to make a name out of his art and went to different martial arts masters.

after 3 months he managed to beat all the masters of different types in his hometown and outside of it, improving his style to a new level.

Ren was known as the Slacker Challenger, known for appearing once in a dojo and challenging the master and then leaving never to return, Ren is capable of fighting face to face using any weapon and against any weapon in the style of Slacker.

Ren was watching the fights before to see if there are new martial arts styles that he can analyze and apply countermeasures, and although he analyzed many styles, many of the students had styles that were too flashy and almost useless.

but kiriko was a very experienced practitioner, and very flexible, with any counterattack he sent, kiriko responded with fluidity and precision, ren also began to concentrate, learn and further improve his own style with the fight, at this point in the fight Ren was forgetting that he was being watched by a large crowd.

At this point, the audience realized that Ren might be more than just a lucky guy, with Ren realizing that his cover could be blown down the drain if he continues like this.

He did something that he promised in his grandfather's grave not to do, taking advantage of Kiriko's sword strike to come at him, Ren blocked it like the other previous attacks, but Kiriko's kick didn't block it.

and the kick that he received sent him flying several meters, making him reach the edge of the arena and immediately lose the match. (the sand inside the barrier has a red line drawn further inside the circumference).

everyone who watched the fight felt weird, even the headmistress who looked with a smile on her water sphere.

they witnessed what was an impressive fight between 2 excellent and equal opponents, all the spectators were focused, but out of nowhere, it ended with a kick...

Although for the students that kick would be difficult to block, for the experienced ones like the tutors of class A and B, along with the heroines who paid special attention to the fight and the principal, all of them still found what happened strangely.

But the most confused and shocked was Kiriko, although his kick was strong, he couldn't use all his strength because of the angle he was at, since in previous exchanges of blows, kiriko kicked with even more force, and ren didn't even blink an eye with said kicks, he ended up realizing what ren did, kiriko could only smile ironically and accept the result.

Ren stood up and addressed the referee.

"I just lost, won't you end the match?

The referee was still beside himself, but with Ren's voice, he came to himself.

- ...the student ren Artega loses, and kiriko Hakuya advances to the finals.

After listening to the referee, Ren went to his bench and sat with his eyes closed, knowing that he would be in the top 50 at least.

And so was the first battle of a former NPC against the protagonist of the game, in a loss.

35