Chapter 14: Date!?
131 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I really felt some type of appreciation for Jack seeing how he could keep his word of bringing me home and to not abduct me. He even made me breakfast, what I am the most grateful for, because I really had nothing to eat.

But then he says stuff like that. Stuff that keeps bringing me back to reality. The reality that he is someone dangerous and that someone dangerous is fixated on me.

“No.” I said out flatly, still chewing down this amazing sandwich letting out a small moan of approval while I was at it.

Private Number: “Stop moaning like that, baby.”

I only cocked my eyebrow in response, not understanding why I can’t enjoy my food in the way that I liked. In my next bite, the sauces that created the right cocktail made my taste buds go nuts.

“Oh, my god!” I let out another moan while cupping my cheek in delight.

Private Number: “Baby, u really have to stop that unless u want to wake up little me.”

“Little me?” I asked, cocking my head in confusion. Did he have a little brother?

Private Number: “It’s the little me that will impale you on our first night ;)”

It finally hit me what he meant, and my face flared up as my eyes widens in shock, not able to make a sound with my quivering lips.

Private Number: “God, how can u be so innocent?”

“How vulgar!” I shrieked out.

Private Number: “It’s not vulgar. That’s how babies are being made, how we are going to make them.” He concluded.

“S-Shut up!” My mind was in a state of a whirlpool too embarrassed to even make a comprehend sentence.

Private Number: “We will have to talk about it someday baby.”

“No, we won’t since we will never do that and stop calling me baby.” I snapped with a still heated expression. All this time I have just let him call me whatever he wanted because I was scared of what he would do if I objected to it, but me not objecting to it is the same as accepting that I am his baby. Like hell I’ll accept that.

Private Number: “I will call my woman whatever I want.”

“Well, I am not your woman.” I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

Private Number: “Sure u r and anyone who denies it deserves death.”

“Well, I sure as hell am denying it, so what? Are you going to kill me now?” I retorted.

Private Number: “No, I will just kiss u to oblivious until you admit it, or should we do the act of making babies now?”

If it was possible for a human’s head to combust from too much embarrassment, then without a doubt my whole body would have turned in to ashes by now. While knowing that he may had been joking, my heart unwillingly let out a skip to his comment and my mind was too fried up to even make a retort.

“I’ll just head off to the living room.” I breathed with my eyes cast on the ground while taking the crutches, hopping quickly away.

‘I have to calm down! I must calm down! Don’t get swept away in his pace!’ I berated myself.

I sat down, putting my sprained feet on the coffee table as support as I took the remote to put on some Netflix. Swiping mindlessly through the series section not able to find something that caught my eyes until I saw Game of Thrones popping up. Realizing that I had never watched this show before, even though it was the talk of the centuries, I thought it may be a good idea to watch it now; it was not like I could really do or go somewhere with this leg.

“Maybe I should watch it?” I mumbled, unsure.

Private Number: “Don’t you dare watch that show of an abomination. It’s horrible.”

Amused by his criticize of the show and still salty from before, I couldn’t help but to be a jester by still clicking on the first episode. Giggling away when I saw his next message appear.

Private Number: “God April no, don’t put me through this hell again.”

“You don’t have to watch it.” I said, cranking up the volume that could get me in trouble with my neighbors, hoping that it could annoy him more.

Private Number: “April, I swear to God if you don’t turn that shit off, I will go to your house to do it myself.”

Like cold water being dumped all over me, I quickly removed it. I know he had already come to my house before, heck he was here few hours before, but that time I was at least unconscious. I don’t want my stalker to be here when I am fully aware of it.

But I still felt like being a prankster for just a bit and I am really bored, so I went to the kids’ section and put on my little pony. As the opening played with a loud voice, I sang along.

Private Number: “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

I shook my head and kept on singing along, feeling the nostalgia hit me. A wave of satisfaction hit me when the opening song was finished, making me all giddy and happy inside. I clicked my little pony away and searched for the next show to watch.

Private Number: “I’ll get you a real pony if it makes you that happy.”

I laughed. “If the pony isn’t my girl rainbow dash, then I want none of it.”

I suddenly exclaimed happily when I saw Vampire Diaries pop up. At an unmatched speed, like a possessed person, I clicked on it.

Private Number: “Please don’t do this.”

“I will watch this; this show was my everything.” I said, squealing like a love-struck girl when I saw my husband Diamond appearing on the screen. “Yes Daddy! Oh god I love him.” I said, in a dreamlike state.

Private Number: “I sure hate him. I am already getting the urge the kill him.” Unfazed by Jack’s jealous threat, I glared hard at the phone screen. “If you even dare to hurt a single hair strand on his gorgeous head, I will personally make your life a living hell.” I seethed.

Private Number: “I am way more handsome and richer than he his!”

Is he really whining right now? “Well, he is at least not a fucking stalker that threatens to kill the people that I love.” I said.

Private Number: “Would I’ve gotten the chance if I wasn’t a stalker?” He said, suddenly leaving me speechless.

I shrugged. “That’s a little too late to ask now, isn’t it?”

Private Number: “Would I?” He asked again.

I threw my arms up in frustration. “Geez Jack I don’t know! Maybe if you had approached me like a normal person, would I have at least gone out with you on a date!” I just don’t get it. He could have approached me normally and who knows, we could have it hit off perfectly, but he just had to be a creepy-ass-stalker, who is also a killer.

Private Number: “Well maybe I didn’t want to give u a chance to reject me.”

I rubbed my temples in a circular motion, trying to relieve some of the stress that Jack was giving me. Why is he acting like a child who can’t accept a no for an answer? I guess it’s because he is a child who can’t accept a no.

“There are more fishes in the sea who are more exotic and tastier than me.” I said.

Private Number: “But I don’t want a different fish. I want this fish, the only fish that I want to love and there are just no other fishes like this one.”

“Okay…” I dawdled, not knowing how to respond to this.

I scratched my head as I sighed. ‘That would have been cute if he just wasn’t a creep.’ I thought to myself.

It sometimes escapes my mind that he really loves me, and I just don’t know how to handle that. How do you even go around that? I never even received a love confession before, let alone one from a murderer.

Pondering about this just left me with a bigger headache, so I forgot about it and slump further down into my medium soft couch, preparing myself to doze off.

A cry of frustration slipped pass through my lips as I could feel the vibration of my phone through the couch.

Private Number: “Let’s go out on a date.” He asserted.

My eyes felt like they were about to jump out of my eye socket; I flung myself back into a normal sitting position and even had to rub my eyes to make sure that I didn’t read it wrong.

“What?” I asked.

Private Number: “Let’s go out on a date.” He repeated.

“Yeah, I got that, but why?” I said, fearing the day that I would have to spend with him.

Private Number: “Because I love u.”

I glowered. “That’s not a reason.”

Private Number: “How about tomorrow? Yeah, tomorrow is right.” He said, deciding by himself without my consent.

‘What!?’

“W-Wait a second!” I replied quickly. “Why tomorrow?” I stammered in a distraught voice.

Private Number: “Because u can’t run away from me in ur state.”

That’s the worst reason and the reason I don’t want to go tomorrow! How can I run away from him if something were to happen!?

Private Number: “I’ll prepare for our date tomorrow, so I wouldn’t be able to keep u in check, but I will know if you go somewhere.” And with that, he gracefully disappeared again, leaving me in the depths of despair.

Even though my husband, Diamond, was talking on the screen, my mind got occupied with planning out an escape, an escape out of this supposed date that will take place tomorrow unless I do something about it.

“I can’t believe this.” I groaned as I dragged my hands down over my face slightly pulling on my eyelids in frustration. I just can’t ever catch a breather, can I?

In a hunched over sitting position, I nibbled at my thump racking through my brains for any ideas.

I can’t just tell him I’m sick since he knows when I lie. I wouldn’t even be shocked if he somehow has my health record lying around somewhere. Also, I can’t run nor hide because of my sprained ankle and because he’s able to track me down everywhere.

I let an exasperated sigh as my focus shifted to my ankle.

‘Maybe if I stare at it long and hard enough, then maybe it would heal somehow?’

And just like an idiot that I am, I stared at it for a prolonged time, feeling the veins in my eyes pulsating from the strain that I was giving them.

‘Heal! Heal! Heal!’ I chanted, never looking away.

After a long time of staring, the feeling of my eyes slowly drying out and the lasting throbbing pain that could be felt from my ankles, I gave up.

“Who am I kidding?” I said, letting out a sigh, pitying myself.

‘Should I just yield myself to him? It’s just a date. What harm comes to one date? And next to the fact that he is a deranged murderer, he is still a man, so I am sure that the date will be normal…?’

‘Oh, for fuck’s sakes, who am I kidding!’ I could feel myself tugging at my hair strands, berating myself for even thinking that it could be fine. I have to get away from him fast, otherwise my sanity wouldn’t last for long!

My only option now is to just go along with him, but what now if I just leave really early in the morning. There’s no way that he would stand at my door early in the morning and, seeing how he hasn’t even set a time to meet, I don’t see how this can go wrong.

I leave early like… six am? Take the bus somewhere far; before he even notices that I am on the move, I would already be at god-knows-where place. The key point is to keep moving so he wouldn’t be able to pin-point my exact location down and at the end of the day, I come back home and sleep. That way, we wouldn’t have to go on a date at all!

Elated by my ingenious idea, a big grin appeared on my face while I strike a victorious fist bump-pose.

“Now let’s go to my chamber to prepare for the ‘how to evade my stalker’ plan!” I said, determined, while cascading away with my crutches.

The sunrays of the sunrise were trickling through the curtains, and I was already freshly awake, ready to put my plans in actions. To make sure that I wouldn’t stand out in the crowd, I put on my incognito outfit, which was a grey hoodie and grey sweatpants. An addition to that, black shades were covering my eyes and a white mouth mask took the job. The cover up my lower face making me completely unrecognizable.

I snorted pridefully and took on a triumph pose, staring at myself in the mirror, proud of my get-up with the crutches supporting my weight. My ankle didn’t heal sadly enough, but that was to be expected. Let’s just hope that I’ll be able to move fast enough.

I double checked if I had everything with me, especially my phone, because that’s the key player.

I hopped carefully to the door and slowly opened it. The loud creaking sound that could be heard from the hinge that hadn’t been oiled up in a while made me jolt up in surprise, as I was on high alert. With my index finger pressed against my lips, I hushed at it and at the thumping sound of my heart.

“God, will I be able to survive this day?” I muttered.

Slowly, I felt an arm slithering its way around my waist, pulling me against a rock-hard chest. “Why wouldn’t you survive this day if I’m here with you?” The over familiar disguised voice whispered lowly in my ear.

“HOLY MOTHER OF-!” I shrieked as I tried to jump away; dropping my shades on the ground, but the muscular arms held me in place.

“Careful, we don’t want you to hurt your other ankle.” The vibration of his chuckle could be felt through my fingertips, that were still trying to push him away.

“Why are you here, Jack?” I asked warily.

He just silently looked at me and scoffed. “Cute outfit, you wanted to hide wearing that?”

“How?” I asked, feeling the color being drained from my face.

“Does it matter?” He grumbled in a low, sad voice as he thrusts a bouquet of white lilies into my hands.

Not expecting this gesture, I was left standing there, taking in the flowers agape. “These are my favorite flowers… thanks?” I said as I shifted my eyes back to Jack, who was now radiating happiness.

‘What the?’

“Yeah, I knew, that’s why I got these.” He said, puffing up his broad chest proudly.

I just stared in disbelieve at this man who now looked like a giant dog waiting for his master to compliment him more. If you looked closely enough, a wagging tail could be seen from his back.

A laugh escaped through my lips; finding him a bit cute, but I quickly tried to cover it up with my hand. But that action was too late; my stalker was staring down at me deeply as he cupped my cheeks with his big covered hands.

“I really love it when you laugh, you’re so beautiful.” He said in a mellow voice. With quivering eyes, I averted away from his stare, pulling myself away from his touch with no words.

With slumped down shoulders, he let out a sigh, but soon carried me in his arms away to the exit.

“P-Put me down.” I said.

“But I enjoy carrying you. It’s the best thing out of this date.” He said playfully.

I huffed and just let myself being carried away.

‘This plan has also failed, huh?’ I thought, bummed out.

The car that waited for us was this time a white land range rover. With a mind boggled expression, I stared at it.

‘How many cars does this person have!?’

He chuckled at my expression. “I have five other cars, if that’s what you were wondering.” He said as he put me inside the car and, just like last time, buckled me in.

In aw I just stared around until something caught my eyes.

Jack got inside and put the car in drive. “Why aren’t there any locks inside the car?” I asked. No matter where I looked, no locks or door handles could be seen in this car.

“Ah~” He drawled out. “That’s to keep certain people from running away; you can only open the door from my side.” He said in an eerily voice as he drove away.

“Sorry?”

2