Chapter 3 – Exploring the Forest
103 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, you decided to enter the forest to search for some much needed resources. Perhaps you would be able to gather enough rocks to start a fire pit, especially when the animals have returned to the forest. You ordered your zombie minion to watch camp while you entered the forest.

 

And luck would have it, you managed to gather nine logs of wood and four blocks of stone. In addition, you found a wolf gnawing on a fresh kill. With a throw of a stone block, you scared the lone wolf away.

 

As the wolf ran away, the stone block tumbled through some bushes and disappeared from sight. Losing that one stone block was of no matter. At least you still have enough to make a fire pit. Not to mention, you were able to exchange one stone block for a fresh corpse. In your opinion, that was a good deal.

 

You reached over, grabbing the fresh rabbit corpse, and headed back to camp. Once you returned, you began to summon another zombie from the fresh corpse. Spending eight mana, you raised another zombie, which you assigned to patrol the area along with the other zombie.

 

You reached into your bag and pulled out another bone to replenish your mana. Next, you decided to make a fire pit. Taking six stone blocks, you made a small circumference to contain the fire. Then, you stacked three logs together to form the foundation for the fire.

 

You quickly created fire from some dry grass and sparks. After getting the fire going on the wooden foundation, you quietly added another log to fuel the fire. With the fire pit created, you would be able to create many things like smelting and heating materials.

 

Once the fire could persist without your assistance, you decided to rest for the day. Of course, if it ever died down, all it took was another log to start up again. And when tomorrow comes, you will explore the forest once more for resources.

 

Day nine of being stranded on who knows where...you realized that there were less animals in the forest than usual. Upon closer inspection, you found that most of the reptilian animals living in the forest had disappeared. What happened? You couldn't help but feel a terrible foreboding, as if something was about to happen real soon.

 

On the bright note, after two days of searching, you discovered two more fresh corpses. Lucky! You hurried back and, with the help of another bone, raised two new zombies to add to your patrol team. With four zombies, you could now cover the key regions of north, east, south, and west.

 

This was a joyous event! With four zombies, you won't be afraid of most of the animals in the forest or on the beach. Of course, this joy soon turned upside down as the world shook with chaos. It was an earthquake!

 

Trees fell, animals rushed out in panic, ground split into many pieces...luckily, the earthquake wasn't nearby so it didn't cause significant damage to you and your minions. However, it did put out your fire. No worries there though as all it took to relight was a log of wood.

 

Once the fire started up again, you decided to look around for any resources that resulted from the natural disaster. Though some trees were uprooted, they were too massive to bring. Luckily, you were able to find a pair of stone blocks that were unearthed from the ground.

 

Luckily, the animals have escaped the forest once more. You tirelessly explored the forest for the rest of the week and managed to find a rotten corpse, two logs, and a stone block. Finally! You found a rotten corpse!

 

Now, what's different about a rotten corpse versus a fresh corpse. Well, the level of decomposition was different which meant the level of magic used to raise a minion would be different. Thus, rotten corpses were ideal for making skeletal minions while fresh corpses were ideal for making zombies.

 

You gestured your hands as you injected mana into the rotten corpse. After consuming six mana points, the rotten corpse began to squirm about and shape into a more humanoid structure. Because of the decomposition level of the flesh and organs, they easily fell from the corpse, leaving skeletal remains.

 

Soon, the skeleton experienced undeath. As it stood up, you assigned it to guard the inner camp...a personal bodyguard if you will. With zero mana left, you could feel the fatigue steering in. You quickly consumed another bone before heading to bed.

 

Another week had passed quickly. Your storage now contained fourteen logs of wood, three stone blocks, three shells, and twenty-six bones. By your side, you have four zombie minions and one skeletal minion. What should you do tomorrow?

What to do next?
  • Explore the Beach (7 days)
  • Explore the Forest (7 days)
  • Minion Gather Forest (1 day)
  • Minion Gather Beach (1 day)
  • Minion Combat Forest (1 day)
  • Minion Combat Beach (1 day)
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on Sep 13, 2019 12:53 AM.
1