C.21 : Commotion
2.5k 9 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mommy, is he dead?" The little girl stage whispered softly, probably not wanting to seem rude while pointing at the gruesome remains of the man before her eyes were quickly covered.

"Sweetie? He's... um, he's just really hurt okay? We'll call the ambulance and he'll be just fine." The mom tried to soothe her daughters worries whilst patting her head gently.

"Doubtful." Orissa smirked and walked back into the hotel. Since she had undoubtedly been seen when she landed alongside the now exploded guy, relevant authorities would be on their way soon.

"Excuse me? Um... how are you alive?" Someone held out a trembling hand towards Orissa who turned with her head slightly tilted to the side in askance.

"What do you mean?" The man who asked held a cigarette he had all but forgotten about because his eyes were trained on Orissa, his body rigid and stiff.

"You landed the same time he did and you're still fine whereas he died immediately!" The man exclaimed drawing attention to them. Orissa tried to understand why he'd even ask and failed to do so.

"He needed to drink more milk? His bones were weak." Orissa smiled when the man looked taken aback. He hadn't expected that this gorgeous woman before him would mock someone even after their death.

"Wait!" He once again shouted to Orissa who turned back once again with annoyance on her face. To her, it had nothing to do with him, so why would he continue to press for answers?

"C-can I take you to grab a drink?" The man stumbled over his words, but they shocked Orissa enough that her lips twitched. Feeling a bit playful and curious, she nodded and gestured for him to follow her.

"I happen to have a room. There are drinks there." She walked inside, taking the elevator to the fifteenth floor. When the doors slid closed, the man was noticeably uneasy, but Orissa only gave him a smile which probably unnerved him further given that his heartrate increased.

"Almost there." The doors slid open and she led him to the room, not entirely sure which one it was since she climbed up the last time, but she guessed correctly since after a few knocks, a panicked Alice opened the door.

"Hey. Brought a friend? Maybe a snack? Can't really tell yet." The man watched as Alice half threw herself into Orissa's arms, having her head rubbed gently to calm her down.

"Are you okay?" Orissa led everyone inside, and the man immediately paled because even without Orissa's or Odelle's sense of smell, he could smell the thick scent of blood in the air.

"Don't mind that. Just some idiotic fools who were really bad people." Orissa opened the door to the living room and Odelle greeted Orissa with a lazy wave.

"Brought food?" Odelle perked up and the man who Orissa thought couldn't go any paler somehow did. Something about Odelle, perhaps just like Orissa unnerved the man.

Perhaps it was their unnaturally inhuman perfection, or maybe it was the look they gave him, like something a sadistic predator would give it's prey before it tore them apart.

"Nah. Maybe? He asked me out for drinks, so I invited him here. Now we have drinks, right?" Orissa lifted Alice and put her on the couch, walking to the kitchen to grab a glass.

"So, what did you want? I can literally smell your fear from over here." Odelle asked while shifting in the chair with grace perhaps only a predator could show.

"How did you survive falling from such a height?" Orissa looked at Odelle and titled her head minutely to the side. Odelle rolled her eyes and went back to surfing the web on her phone.

"So you came here, risking death and possibly worse to know that?" Orissa put her feet up, removing both her socks and boots, placing them to the side. The man's eyes were unconsciously drawn to motion, and when he saw Orissa's feet, he could swear on his life he had never seen anything more perfect.

"Normal people don't look like you two, nor can they survive falling over ten stories! Sorry, I'm just extremely confused." The man raised his voice but immediately apologized when he thought of what he was doing.

"Aww! He thinks we're beautiful Odelle. Maybe you can give him a prize?" Orissa licked her lips playfully but Odelle frowned, grabbed a pillow and threw it at the smirking Orissa's face.

"Hey!" Orissa batted the pillow aside, but Odelle had factored in her inhuman reaction time and threw another, hidden from sight behind the first pillow.

Shocked, the pillow hit Orissa in the face. The man feared for the worse when he saw Orissa's body shaking minutely but then she burst out laughing while flipping off Odelle.

"Rude." Odelle muttered and raised her glass to her lips, her eyes flicking towards the man for a moment. Orissa groaned and turned her attention back to him and shrugged.

"What do you want to hear? That we're super powerful humans who have come to save the world-?" Hearing her sarcastic voice, he interjected cutting her off.

"You killed someone, how is that saving the world? Not only did you kill him, you threw him down a ten story building, isn't that too cruel to do to someone's body?"

"Actually, he was a trafficker and such. And technically, he was alive until he hit the ground, so I didn't desecrate his body if that's what you're implying."

"What?!" The man who felt as if be stood on the righteous side a moment ago felt like an idiot now. He knew Orissa had no reason to lie since she could easily kill that man, then she could do the same to him.

"Oh. She's asleep." Orissa looked at Alice who had drifted off after crawling over and resting her head on Orissa's lap. She absently stroked her hair and gave the man a lopsided grin.

"So what did you want? To accuse me of being cruel and inhuman for killing someone? Sorry to break it to you, but I'm not human, do they do not apply. Would you feel bad for stepping on a disgusting ant? I doubt it?"

Starting a new story, won't drop The Outbreak, don't worry. I like it too much and you all read it too so yeah. The new one is gonna have Elementals and a non-human character of course. 🤗

106