C.29 : Questions
1.7k 7 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So according to people who were here at the time of the incident, he fell down and died, and when we investigated the room, it was..." A police officer shivered when she thought of the carnage in the room.

"A lot of blood and bodies everywhere." Kira finished her words and stepped past her and entered the room and the heavy smell of blood hit her even before she could see the bodies.

"Well, at least we know someone was here." Kira ducked beneath police tape and saw a room covered in gore and bodies scattered here and there and sighed.

"From what we could identify, this room belonged to some shady guy who was said to traffick organs and people. Some of the dead have records of illegal activities." Irene gagged when she saw the contents of the room.

"We can't be sure if this is V-3 and V-4's handiwork, then they're long gone by now. Check the footage in the halls for anything." Kira looked at Irene and sighed heavily.

If she hadn't antagonized V-4, then she might not have lost a full squad and a half, or have civilian casualties, but it was too late to cry over spilt milk and they could only try to make up for their blunder.

"We have someone outside demanding to be let in so he can talk to his son." A policeman explained the situation to Irene who frowned. Even if the other party was wealthy, there was an ongoing investigation, so how could he be so adamant?

"What floor is his son on? If it's this floor, we can't do anything." Looking at the information he wrote down, the policeman gave it a once over and continued speaking.

"The sixth floor. His name is Carl Murray." Taking one last look around, she decided to deal with this so Irene could get some fresh air, so Kira led Irene and the policeman to the sixth floor and knocked on the door loudly.

"This is the police, are you home?" Irene spoke but no one answered. After knocking twice more, Kira looked at Irene and turned to return to the crime scene when the door opened slowly.

"You?!" Irene looked at Alice with wide eyes, because she thought the girl was already dead somewhere in a ditch, to find her here was shocking. Kira examined Alice with her eyes and frowned when she saw the tear marks on her face.

"Where are is the other woman?" Kira put a hand on her gun and entered the room and saw bodies on the ground. She immediately backed out of the room and pulled her weapon free.

Alice was silent and seeing her being unresponsive, Irene grabbed her arm and shook her to bring her back to the present. Alice numbly shook her hand off and slumped down weakly.

"They're gone." Alice let out a breath and closed her eyes while Irene and more policemen cleared the apartment when more officers arrived. When Irene walked out and let them know it was clear, Kira walked in and began inspecting the bodies.

"Check her for injuries and help her tend to her neck." Kira had briefly seen the marks on Alice's neck when she walked past her, but she wasn't sure if it was just temporarily sealed or not.

"We investigated you Alice Wells. We can't make you to tell us anything without getting permission from our higher-ups, but we hope you can tell us what happened here." Kira took out her notepad and looked at Alice patiently.

"After we left the restaurant, we came here..." Alice could have just not spoken, but she did because she felt it would help her articulate exactly what she felt.

"They heard of a guy who trafficked organs and people, so they wanted to hunt him. They climbed up and entered after I did because I asked them to give the traffickers a chance..."

"I would have died or worse if not for them, and they killed everyone but the leader. After questioning him, Orissa dug his intestines out and threw him over but jumped down after so he didn't land on someone below."

"So there were two Sanguine Carriers here then? Alice, look at me, who is the other one? What is she called? The more you tell us, the more it's possible to somehow help them" Kira stopped writing and gently held Alice's hand.

"O-Odelle. When Orissa came back, she brought someone she met downstairs who wanted help saving his sister from Carl." Alice gestured to the almost dry corpse of Carl laying a few feet away.

"They came here and killed everyone except for him... Something happened and neither Orissa or Odelle would let them live, so Orissa turned his sister into a vampire."

"How did she do it? We know their blood is highly contagious but we have no reports of anyone ever seeing it happen." Resuming writing, Kira waited for Alice to continue.

"I just saw her bite Sierra, and she was covered in some red crystal that broke a few minutes later, and then she attacked her brother Oliver but Odelle stopped her so she got Carl."

"Then Oliver started to say they were monsters and that he would turn them over to the government... He wanted to turn Sierra against them but she didn't listen... He died when Orissa stopped her blood from infecting his own?" Alice mumbled the last bits because she wasn't sure except for hearing what was said.

"She stopped her blood from infecting his own? Sanguine Carriers can do that?" Irene looked at Oliver's body and saw red tear streaks on his face, making him look demonic and twisted with the ferocious expression her carried with him in death.

"Why was he infected after his sister?" Kira asked but Alice shook her head, her mind blanking as to the reason why that happened. Even after two more attempts of asking, Alice was unable to answer their question.

"So we now have three Sanguine Carriers in the city? V-3, V-4, and let me guess, V-5? Each is a biohazard and the equivalent of an enemy army and we have three on our soil." Irene looked at the window and looked out into the night.

"That's just the known Irene. Who knows if there are others hidden here in the dark? Run all cameras nearby for facial recognition. If we can track them down to where they stay for the day, we can capture them." Kira clicked her pen and closed her notebook, inwardly noting to take a sample of Oliver's blood.

78