C.44 : The Coming Dawn
1.6k 13 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the call ended and Orissa let Zaylee adjust herself on her lap, looking out the window at the trees as Spinel City got closer in the distance, a glowing behemoth of a city.

"Odelle, do you think I shouldn't have done what I did?" Orissa furrowed her brows and looked at Odelle who sat besides her, looking back at her with clear eyes.

"Humans protect their own, so why can't we do the same?" Odelle put her forehead against Orissa's for a moment and then pulled away, letting Sierra lean over to hug Orissa to ease her thoughts.

"Hopefully they understand that they have too much to lose and will stop these ridiculous attacks." Ryan spoke from the passenger seat, looking at the city getting closer and closer.

"There's still thirty minutes until we reach the building so you can relax until then." Ryan looked at his driver who had been with him for a while and smiled to himself.

"Three vampires have already reached the city and are waiting near your building. Those further away will take a few days since they can't really travel when the sun is up." Orissa held Zaylee closer to her and closed her eyes.

Half an hour later, the SUV slowed to a stop and five vampires and the human driver got out. Orissa thought there'd be a blockade outside the city, but it was clear.

"Haven't named it yet but it cost me two hundred and eighty million to buy it and I hope it stands for a long time." Ryan walked to the elevator of the parking garage and was a bit speechless when a few normal vampires looked at it and then chose to jump down from the second level.

"They're a bit flashy." Sierra mumbled and Orissa and Odelle giggled because they knew the vampires who did jump were basically flexing in front of the humans present.

Orissa held Zaylee who hugged her neck a koala bear, and even when Orissa and Odelle launched a fierce attack of pokes to Zaylee's side, aside from bell-like laughter and squirming, she didn't let go at all.

"She's like a human sized teddy bear." Sierra tickled Zaylee's sides but she tightened her grip on Orissa's neck, using enough force to easily crush rock, but aside from feeling a bit tight, Orissa only shrugged helplessly.

"Ready?" Ryan asked the four Royal Vampires who seemed to have forgotten about the building until he spoke, but Orissa shook her head and looked up at a four story building nearby where three figures stood blending with the darkness if a human looked their way.

The three vampires leapt down and landed a few feet away from the building's main entrance, so the five vampires walked to the railing and jumped down and walked over.

"Orissa I take it?" There were three vampires, two Commoners one female and a male and a Noble who was female. The Noble Vampire spoke politely to Orissa because aside from meeting these other two vampires, she didn't know what she was or if there were any more like her.

"Yup, I take it you three had a good trip?" Orissa smiled at the trio and gestured to the building so they could continue their conversation inside. The Noble Vampire carried a laptop bag with her.

"Yes, it wasn't hard to get here." The male Commoner Vampire spoke with a smile finding the three beauties in front of him to be peerless similar to the Noble Vampire who he followed over here.

"He's a huge flirt, don't mind him." The other Commoner Vampire spat out earning a laugh from all the vampires in the vicinity which when added up reached at least eighteen.

"Hey, what can I do, they're just really beautiful." The flirty vampire shrugged and approached another vampire he found to be beautiful with a charming smile, but because everyone knew his temperament, the vampire who was the same beauty who was in the pool when the Four Royals arrived bared her fangs with a low rumbling growl.

"Don't come over here." The flirty vampire's face stiffened and then turned and cam back to the Noble Vampire he arrived with wearing a fawning smile.

"Now, Lidia, you know you're the most beautiful woman in my heart so why don't we get to know each other a litt-" Lidia rolled her eyes and walked past him and entered with the other vampires, leaving him out in the cold.

"Sister, look what you did, now no one will see my peerless charms." The vampire complained to the other Commoner who gave him a look of disdain feeling that would be for the best.

"Let's go." As some of the last vampires to enter, they stood to the side and watched as the black haired vampiress who exuded a horrifying strength stepped up and spoke with a little girl clinging to her back.

"So I did call the other vampires here and we now have three new faces. That aside, we're staying here now and we'll have lots of human traffic soon because this building needs to be modified to suit our needs. I ask you not feed on them but do keep an eye out for any suspicious humans because there are those who will want to figure out our situation."

"Pick a room on a higher floor since if anything happens, you can jump out and leave without getting trapped below. Don't kill your prey when you feed in the future so as to not give humans a reason to bother us either."

"Lastly, I did say I was Queen, but that sounds very troublesome, so if something happens, talk to the Noble Vampires and if it's dire, they'll come see me, okay? Does anyone have any specialities or fields they majored in previously?"

The Noble Vampire who carried a laptop raised her hand alongside two others, one from the gathering and the other was the flirty guy sister who usually had an expressionless look.

"I did coding and developing and she did weapons and armor engineering. As for her brother, aside from flirting, he's useless." The vampires present all grinned when the flirty vampire looked betrayed.

"I dabbled in the biomedical field so I'm not useless, okay?!" Zaylee peeked out from behind and stared at the flirty engineer vampire who looked aggrieved and wronged by the world.

"Well, find yourself some rooms without windows for now. The workers will start today so be on your best behavior. Remember, no killing the humans you feed from." Orissa stepped back and walked with Ryan to the elevators while the vampires started to chat amongst themselves.

69