C.50 : A True Leader
1.8k 12 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I may lead the vampires, but I will definitely not lead them to their deaths." Orissa looked at the man again and shook her head in slight exasperation, unsure of why he'd even do what he said.

"You may not view the vampires you want to lead with importance, but unlike humans, we will not die unless we are killed, so what right do I have to send someone who can perhaps live forever to their deaths because you feel you were superior to humankind?"

"You want to make the humans fear us? Then when they decide to cut our electricity and power, to stop helping us build and expand? What then? What you want sounds grand and imposing, but will any of us be alive to see it?" 

"So what? Cower in fear and hide from the humans?! You're just a cowardly woman Orissa! Why don't you just go and sleep with the human leaders and perhaps they'll be more inclined to grant your wishes?!"

Sierra wanted to kill this impudent man, but Odelle held her arm and stopped her because she knew Orissa wasn't one to just be attacked, verbally or otherwise and do nothing.

The other vampires, mostly females and even some males looked at the man with disgust. If before they just found him annoying and rude, they found him disgusting and shallow now.

"Okay, let's say we take over the country, don't you know ants can kill things they'd otherwise be unable to because they worked together? If we make ourselves the enemy of all of humanity, we would be living on borrowed time."

"I may seem cowardly to you, but if your bravery is paving your vision with the lives of those under you, who would be willing to follow you? Okay, then, would you die to make your vision come true and save those under you?" Orissa looked out the window at the cityscape.

"I don't think you will, do you know why? In all that you said, you never once put yourself in danger. When I appeared before the human leaders of the country, I may have well put a target on my back, but you wouldn't?" Orissa tilted her head and looked back at the man.

"So if a weak woman who has no use aside from sleeping with people in your words can do so, why can't you? Do you know why you can't and won't do what I did?" Orissa smiled slightly, looking at the man with mirth.

"Because you're a coward. You speak of grandiose ambitions and my weakness limiting our rise, but if you lead, where would you rise? You'd just consign everyone to death and do you know the worst thing?" Orissa turned to the vampires present.

"You'd definitely sacrifice everyone here to survive. You'd flee from the problems you've wrought, leaving those who believed in you to face it alone. You call me weak, but I wouldn't run, nor would those under me die for my actions."

"It's not that I want to keep you all under my thumb, it's just that with strength, comes arrogance, and I'm not very inclined to grant it to someone who would just destroy what I want to achieve."

"And what is it you want? A home for us?! That can't be it, you just want to control us, if I were to lead, I'd make sure everyone has a voice!" The man yelled angrily when he saw the vampires looking at him as if they were looking at a clown.

"Oh~? Tell me then, don't you also want to control them? Whereas I do it because I simply don't wish for everyone to die, you do so why? For greed? Then, why haven't they voiced their agreement with you?"

"Because they're afraid of you, but I'm not! I don't care if you're some whatever bull sh*t Royal, and soon they'll all see through you just like I have you false Queen!" Orissa sighed feeling he'd spoken enough.

"Okay, since you don't fear me and what to rule the vampires, why don't you fight me? The winner gets to lead, and the loser dies." Orissa stepped back and looked at the man with a smile.

"F-fight?" In his mind, even if he did get punished, he wouldn't die because he was confident he would have support, but looking at the vampires looking at him, some wanting nothing more than to tear into him, he realized he was alone.

"Mhm~ You don't fear me, so prepare yourself, okay~?" Orissa stretched her arms and then looked at the man who dared to jump up and down like a clown and felt killing him cleanly would be too merciful. 

"Do you think I'm afraid of you you b*tch?! When I defeat you, I'll make you my slave and pass you and your friends around to satisfy my subordinates after I break you!" Even Odelle wanted to blow his head apart because it was like a cricket jumping around acting impudently before an elephant.

"You know what? I've been restraining myself and haven't even used much of my strength, but since you're so daring, I'll make you understand what exactly fear is." Orissa closed her eyes and the man burst into motion, wanting to defeat her quickly in this small window, but when she opened her eyes again, the room itself seemed to tremble.

The man stiffened when he felt as if he were in the middle of a stormy ocean with nothing to save him. Then the pressure exploded and the sensation became so many times worse, the room actually shuddered and the virus in his body screamed at him to flee, to run because he had no chance of winning.

"Since you dare to speak that sh*t, I don't think you need to speak anymore, right?" Orissa grabbed his jaw, and he was completely unable to see her movement, and with a light tug, his normally sturdy body was torn apart.

"You want to break me? How about I break you?" A kick landed on his spine and blew him away, but before he could break a wall or window, a hand grabbed his foot and threw him away at a slower speed.

When he landed, he realized he was immobile. His body could not move, so he could only watch Orissa's sneakers come closer stopping just in front of him.

"For-forgive me!" Orissa's soft hands tilted his head so he could look up into her glowing purple eyes and saw his pitiful figure reflected in them, on the ground battered and broken.

"No." Orissa dragged him to his feet, and before he could fall over, her nails pierced his flesh and she directly held his heart and pulled it out. Holding it in her hand covered in black blood.

"No- plea-" His voice was forever cut off when Orissa's hand slashed out and sliced through his neck like a flaming sword through butter. The man's head toppled off and his body fell over, his outermost limbs already turning to ash.

"I may not seem like I have a temper, but don't you dare to try me or take what is mine!" She dropped his heart like trash and stepped on it, turning back to the others with a calm smile.

75