C.52 : Eve of the Conference
1.6k 8 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A tug on her shirt pulled Orissa out of the haze of lust and desire long enough to remember that Zaylee was still present. Smiling ruefully, Orissa caressed Odelle's face and then lifted Zaylee into her arms.

Odelle took a deep breath and locked her muscles in place to prevent herself from jumping back on to Orissa, especially when she saw Zaylee in her arms. 

She wasn't extremely embarrassed, just a bit ashamed she had forgotten to consider the surroundings before releasing her inhibitions. Zaylee peeked over Orissa's shoulder and gave Odelle a curious look.

"Orissa?" Zaylee poked Orissa's cheek to get her attention. Orissa looked down, her dim purple eyes staring at Zaylee with a mixture of amusement and patience.

"What were you doing with Odelle?" Zaylee looked at Odelle who made a noise somewhere between a swallow and a cough. Though her cheeks didn't flush, if before Odelle could handle the embarrassment, she couldn't now since Zaylee asked outright in her innocent voice.

"What Odelle and I did is called kissing." Orissa wanted to put Zaylee on an empty table to sit down, but Zaylee clung to her arm like a monkey and refused to let go.

"Can we kiss too then Orissa?" Seeing the curiosity and anticipation in Zaylee's eyes made Orissa a bit helpless. She tapped Zaylee's forehead and spoke in a chiding tone.

"You can only kiss the people that you really love the most Zaylee." When Orissa stopped speaking, Zaylee pouted and then her face lit up again in joy and happiness. 

"I really like Orissa so we can kiss, right?" Looking at Zaylee who was determined to get a kiss, Orissa leaned in and pecked her forehead lightly and then straightened up.

"Maybe when you get older and understand what it really means." Orissa thought it over and wanted Zaylee and the other vampires she now led to have a future where they could live and love, even if they were no longer human.

"Your Majesty!" Mira walked over, the transformation complete. If before she was a beauty at nine out of ten points, she now broke the scales and her ears were pointed like the other Noble and Royal Vampires.

"Good to see you're stronger. You will lead making weapons and armor for us in the future. If you need funds, find Ryan or Lidia, no need to be shy." Orissa patted Mira's shoulder and examined the clothes she made once more.

"Do you think you can make six sets by tomorrow night?" Orissa looked at the clothes and then back at Mira who nodded with a slight frown. Before she could ask her to explain her concerns, Mira spoke up.

"The clothes aren't quite at the the standard of armor yet and we don't have heavy machinery to deal with it. If I go as far as I can, I can probably do eighty layers. It takes twenty to fifty layers to stop a small firearm, so if you get sniped at, it'll be useless."

"Well, it looks cool. Fear factor is a big thing to consider rather than if we went in normal clothes." Orissa smiled at Mira who pursed her lips, but it was Odelle who asked the question they all had.

"Where are you going Orissa? You've never went out with any vampires before." Odelle mumbled across the room and then thought back to the car ride and the meeting.

"No! You can't be serious Orissa! If you go, who knows what kind of traps or tricks they'll have waiting?" Odelle hissed when she thought of Orissa coming to harm and didn't like the thought at all.

"I have to Odelle. I said I'd do a video conference so they wouldn't have many plans if I go. If I don't go, if I show that we can't even meet face to face with the humans, why would the public even attempt to restrain the government?"

"Yes, it's risky. But it's also worth it. If they attack, I can use that as an excuse to wage war, and if they don't, we can accumulate support and tempt those with talents to join us." Orissa laid her cards out and sighed helplessly.

"I also will promote six vampires to Nobility to accompany me." Orissa tilted her head and gestured for Mira to continue. She picked up Zaylee and walked out the room.

...

One Hour until the Conference

Orissa looked at the vampires who had gathered, with a staggering ten new vampires present, aside from the six newly promoted Noble Vampires, there was Ryan, Lidia, and Mira and the other common vampires.

"I'm going to head out, I need you to aid Mira and Lidia if they ask for it. If you must hunt, no humans can die, especially tonight. You six, go with Mira to get your clothes."

"Tonight, we'll appear before the humans eyes, and whether or not we fight a bitter battle to the death or coexist will depend on this. I am not afraid to fight or to even die, but I do not wish that for any of you following me." Orissa's eyes scanned the vampires of every hierarchy present and then fell on the Royals.

"So, let's all hope this goes well." Orissa turned to Mira who walked over and handed Orissa a tablet with a dress made of the same black material as the clothes the others were made from, but it was really beautiful.

"For me?" Orissa asked and smiled dazzlingly when Mira nodded. She may not speak very much, but Orissa was quite pleased because she didn't have to go find a store to rob or buy clothes from.

Five minutes passed and seven vampires, six Noble Vampires and a Royal Vampire walked out of Mira's workshop, the six looking like frightening beings draped in darkness and Orissa looking every bit the elegant but cold queen she had to play in front of the humans.

"Ryan, have a driver send us to the Autumn News building. Lidia, when they go online, send the feed to all the sites and don't let them cut it no matter what. Odelle, Sierra, Zaylee, I'll be fine, okay? Don't worry." Orissa hugged each of them and then walked to the elevators and went down surrounded by six vampires shrouded in darkness.

68