C.61 : The Fall
1.6k 11 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orissa leaned back in her chair, sitting across from both the Royal and Noble Vampires while her mind kept thinking back to the presences she felt when she used that attack.

In her memories, no cultivator would let a vampire run around freely causing chaos, and the presences she felt wasn't what her memories told her they'd feel like. 

"You wanna know how I did that awesome spell right?" Orissa grinned when Zaylee nodded excitedly, and even Odelle who didn't display much interest before looked curious.

"Well, too bad cause you can't use it. Don't look so down Zaylee, I can't either if it makes you feel any better." Orissa held a hand out and then stopped in embarrassment.

When she killed the wolves, she used their blood and her energy, but now there wasn't any usable blood because vampire blood didn't have the same property as other creatures blood.

"Um, I can't show you. I'll let the Royal and Nobles get access to Vampiric and Blood Arts, but not what I used before. Last thing I need is for someone to wither away into a mummy."

Her eyes widened slightly and then she stood up and made a beeline to the elevator and rode it to the first floor, sending the information on how to use it to the vampires that were present in the room.

When the elevator's doors opened, she walked into the lobby and crossed her arms while examining the elderly woman supporting herself with a cane, looking at her with cloudy eyes.

"You feel like a cultivator, but you aren't. What are you?" Orissa stopped a few feet away, trying to figure out why this woman who seemed to have the same aura of a cultivator, but neither the strength nor longevity that came with it.

"You are the Vampire Queen. You can call me Wren and it's nice to meet you. As for what I am, you can call me a witch." When Wren finished, she was met with an uncomprehending look from Orissa.

"You probably thought cultivators were still around, but shortly after the vampires and werewolves disappeared, no one could break through to a higher stage anymore and those with high cultivation bases no longer had long lifespans."

"Those who cultivated for longer lives couldn't accept this change and tried to create different paths, namely Magic and Guardians, but they didn't manage to do much besides make a system in which we could use a limited amount of power."

"So you mean... those arrogant self righteous idiots actually all died? Pfft!" Orissa laughed in glee because they actually despised vampires for having longer lives than they did and often hunted them, so now that they'd all died like regular humans made her night so much better.

"So Magic? What does it do? Is it strong?" Orissa asked with a smile. If this Wren were lying, she'd know by her scent and heartbeat, but what she said added up because although the presences were there, they lacked the strength cultivators used to have.

"Compared to cultivation? It's pitifully weak. At most, some small spells that could be used to light candles or manipulate the wind in a small area could be used, but for spells with attacking capabilities, we simply lack the energy required to cast them."

"Wow. No offense, but you cultivators have fallen so far. I think the wolves could probably wipe the floor with you all." Orissa kept smiling because this threat she was worried about turned out to be nothing.

"Then what is it you want? I know you didn't come here to tell me this out of kindness." Orissa didn't feel indebted to her because she would have found out eventually.

"Guardians use artifacts of the old times to use abilities, but it's similar to Magic, unable to do much. But if humans can only thread so far, I don't want to walk this earth as a human anymore." Wren said with a firm voice.

"So you want to become a vampire then? What benefits can you bring to us then? You should know, although we aren't numerous, we're still better off than you people." Orissa leaned against the desk and smiled.

"Aside from trying to find ways to keep living, I know people that can assist greatly if you want to develop your people. As cultivation and magic is no longer viable, we can only trust in science now." Wren said with depression in her tone.

"So you will help us and in return, you will become a vampire. Is there anything else you want to add?" Orissa stared at Wren when she shook her head quickly.

"I know even if you don't accept me, you can find someone else with better qualifications or abilities than I have, so I don't dare to be dissatisfied." Wren said with a forced smile.

"Do you know I have a lot more control than I thought I did? As you said, you don't have that much to offer, so you will have to add to your offerings, okay?" Orissa stepped forward and approached Wren with predatory grace.

"You are a few years away from dying, and I can change that. I will give you my blood, in return, you will keep me entertained when I ask you to. You will not disobey, you will not defy me, you will follow my commands, okay?" Orissa smiled, her eyes glowing in a way that made Wren shiver while nodding her head.

"Since you agree, then you won't use any Vampiric Art to change your body unless I tell you to. I have a great appearance just for you~ You'll absolutely love it, I promise~" Orissa half sung in delight.

This Wren had looked a certain way for very long, so if she suddenly looked different, wouldn't she be inconvenienced? Orissa didn't mind killing at all, but her enjoyment was derived from other peoples misery, even if it was not to a terrible extent.

"Okay." Orissa stepped away and led her to the elevator, going back to the fortieth floor and stepping out while gesturing for Wren to follow her. When they found an unoccupied room, Orissa opened the door and let Wren enter, biting her wrist and letting her black blood trickle out of the wound.

"Drink. I'll have such fun with you." Orissa smiled again and Wren couldn't help but wonder if she'd voluntarily jumped into a pit because the look Orissa was giving her was similar to how one would look at a new toy.

Wren steeled her mind and drank it, wanting to recoil at first until she realized Orissa's blood didn't taste metallic but was sweet and refreshing, then her body started to shiver and twitch.

"There there. You did something good. You brought me both good news and a new toy to play with. Now, you will live forever like you wanted, but you must entertain me well." Orissa watched as the crystalline substance covered Wren's body and stepped away with a sadistic grin.

68