461. Ber, The Claw of the Head
376 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Shit – GET AWAY FROM THE CLAW!” Voices run out as the skies began to darken. Crystal bullets, swung hammers, and metallic claws found their mark as they fought off the living nightmares with utter ease.

“Fractured Nilhim and what other Group!?”

“We’re waiting to find out right now! They’re desperate if they’re launching an attack directly on a Moon!”

“Can a Moon survive the appearance of a Dungeon…?”

“It will take some time! Prepare for an invasion force to emerge! Protect this strip at all costs –!”

“Wait… what if… she plans to take them all out on her own!?”

“A Moon certainly can! But we will still have to deal with the overflow!”

One reason why the Fractured Nilhim rarely fought the Ateliers head on was because of their absence of fear. Having worked day in and out in life-or-death situations tempered them to become near immune to trepidation.

The number of Trepidation Stacks needed to affect a regular Atelier Personnel was not worth the effort.

This was why the use of civilians was necessary for them.

It was unforgivable. Their discriminate targeting of the innocent caused Ber’s body to nearly reach its final state. Combined with the peril her sisters faced; and she was on the cusp completely manifested the full power of the Black Swan.

Their darkest day was filled with the light of a sole moon as the sheer intensity of her power caused her to hover in the air. Lightning bolts became the constant hissing of deadly plasma, erasing everything it touched as she reeled her winged arm above and pointed it straight at the ground.

“Color my world.” A voice suddenly spoke from the shadows as a pair of light blue eyes gazed at Ber. “What have I been missing out on as an invisible courier~?”

The appearance of the Blue Moon elixated the presence of the Fractured Nilhim in an instant. They fled with their tail between their legs, some shattering into invisible fragments of darkness, unable to withstand her presence.

Because just like them, she was able to manifest the terrors of people.

Dare one say even terror itself.

Noticing this, the Scarlet Healer clapped her hands widely like a seal, calling out the name:

“Azure~! You’re also here for the show~!”

“… Two moons.” A Protectorate uttered, right before a companion joined her.

“Ma’am. Remember when I asked if the Claw will be enough to take on a Dungeon on their own?”

“What about it?”

“I meant by all at once.”

The Protectorate’s eyes widened.

Impossible, she thought. A dungeon wasn’t something that could be destroyed in an instant, even by a Moon. A minute was still enough for potentially thousands of Impuritas to slip by.

But that was for a regular Moon of the Nexus.

Not for a New Moon.

“We’ve always struck back when it was too late.” Ber spoke with a voice of utter clarity as she relayed everything that occurred back to Nav.

She could no longer hear Nav’s voice.

But she knew that once Frost heard of their discriminate attacks.

Then they would be the first to crumble. A bulge appeared on the ground beneath. The entire strip lifted by several inches like a volcano on the brink of an eruption. Ber cared little for it, for she knew what to do.

[Resounding Voice].

“But not today… The Epiderma Layer will never be invaded be likes of you ever again! How much more do you have to keep taking away until you’re satisfied!?” Her mere voice was enough to cause the ground to shudder.

Metal objects lifted to join her. Scaffolding poles surrounded her like magical daggers as she did the only thing she could in this situation.

She took the initiative.

“Whatever group you are – I HOPE YOU’RE PREPARED FOR WHAT WILL FOLLOW!”

Ber threw herself at the bulge faster than anyone could blink. Her body collided with the ground as her ten-meter-long wing impaled the ground like a pile driver. An explosion of debris engulfed her, but her dazzling dress remained untouched.

It was shallow. Too shallow. However, as poles flew down to stab whatever lurked beneath the brick, she remined them all that before she was the Black Swan and the Claw of the Amalgam –

[Electric Claw].

– She was the Electric Claw.

The winged arm spiraled within, firing aberrations of electricity deep within. Despite the ground appearing solid, her arm had entered a fleshy bubble. Her instincts took over her as she activated her [Supercharged Field] and began striking deep underground with electrical attacks, to the point where it became one continuous electrical discharge.

 

< ABILITY: Serum S (Galvanic Blood) >

< Electrical generation becomes increasingly powerful at higher emotional states. Discharge will flow continuously as long as emotional levels are sufficiently high >

 

This was why Res’ eyes were able to emit a continuous beam. Likewise, Ber’s hands could output the same tremendous power.

And it was also seen when she was Unstable in her fight against Frost.

“It’s just a Dungeon. The aftermath is going to be easy to clean up. So why the hurry?” The Blue Moon – Azure – wondered to herself, stroking her foxlike tail in her arms like it was a cat.

Suddenly, she bared her fangs wickedly as the answer came to her.

“No. You’re sending them a message.”

The world beneath shuddered. The bulge suddenly expanded into several neighboring streets. What seemed like an inevitable invasion became nothing. The clouded skies parted as she slashed upwards, annihilating the clouds as the sun returned.

But even so, her radiance as a Moon could not be drowned out by a mere star. Ber felt resistance beneath as the ground shattered beneath her, revealing a red sinkhole – the remains of an emerging dungeon that was grounded up into pure, charred biomass.

She moved to the edge of the hole, standing over her thousands of instantly slain Impuritas. The cavity was ten times larger than the hole, and she realized that she must have destroyed the Heart before it was able to defend itself.

“Crimson Hunger…” Ber didn’t celebrate or throw a fist into the air.

The situation was too serious for her to kid around. If Cer was here, then she’d be tempted.

But as one could tell, Ber was no longer the same child she was just a month ago.

Everyone was rendered speechless at the sight. Even if she was a Moon, it was an unforgettable display of her power.

“It’s not over yet.” She spat into the hole as a cheerful Scarlet Healer came around to peer into it, gushing over all the blood. “Protectorates.”

“YES CLAW!” They were far more eager to answer this time.

Ber walked past them, fixing the collar of her coat with unrivalled elegance. Her now slicked back hair only further enhanced her image.

“Report all seismic activities to me. I will personally destroy them until the Head arrives. And Blue Moon.”

“So you noticed~”

“Do your job properly. The Head will not forgive a single mishap.”

18