Chapter 3: Armament Smiths; Little Red Returns?
106 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"When you want to make tools and equipment, remember to pay attention to your current situation and your beast companion. If they are too incompatible, the most likely result is that the power of your beast and your armament will go down and cripple each other. There are several cases of this happening throughout the region." the teacher was a bald man with a black skin color.

Some of the students had a slight discomfort but to Howell, it did not matter who was teaching as long as they were truly capable. Clearly, Howell found the Armament Smith's teacher to be such a person, along with the practical beast training teacher.

'Compatibility, affinity, structure...' Howell was contemplating the understanding of those concepts. He imagined that with Little Red's body, she could bring some lightweight items on her head or a bit of sharp tools on her tail.

 

Then the teacher asked the students to make a simple armament. For Howell though, this was easy. In the allocated time where there were some students who were criticized by the teacher, Howell managed to make a triangular head cover. As he made that crude but functional item, he also glanced at the system information panel prompt.

 

[Year 779, month 12

Little Red had a major rank breakthrough. She became a Star Rank beast and her True Dragon essence blood transformed her into becoming more stronger. Venom, Mental, Water, and Fire. She had the four as part of her abilities. While she became stronger, she also expanded her faction forces]

[Note that her faction provided her with resources and she developed it in return. Furthermore, she also managed to subdue other factions after they had schemed against her many times in the past, cleaning it completely from her opposition]

'Oh, Little Red can be ruthless too!?' Howell did not expect that development. Would these be fine?

 

"Howell, did you learn to make this simple headgear by self-study?" the teacher came to Howell's working desk and saw the crude but functional headgear.

"Yes, teacher. Someone taught me that the item can be visually ugly but it had to be practical." Howell nodded his head and told the teacher his attitude of creating armament.

The teacher then patted Howell on the shoulder while giving him encouragement. Howell respectfully accepted it and then the Armament Smith's class came to an end.

 

Howell glanced at the progress of his beast companion once again while looking for a new part-time job. 15 Stella a day was barely enough for Howell and Little Red's expenses. He was also walking around the commercial area looking for a vacant position in the shops.

 

[Year 871, month 2

Little Red realized that she could also increase her potential with higher rank materials. She decided to increase her potential alongside some of her abilities. Most of the time, Little Red meditated and accumulated origin energy along with Astral Information scattered around her domain and some outside]

[Many beasts in the dimension came to know a new rising star resided in the Crimson Dragon Sector. Those old fossils at Constellation rank were intrigued but those at Galaxy rank did not mind the news so much]

 

"Do you still accept part-time workers?" Howell asked one of the shops and the one who received him replied that the shop was partially destroyed by a wanted beast tamer.

"Although the culprit was captured in the end, but the compensation for the destroyed shop is not enough." the auntie said it in an annoyed tone.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Does Auntie know any shop that needs a part-time worker, then?" Howell did not give up and asked.

"There is one..."

 

-

 

When Howell finally arrived at his dormitory, he was like someone whose mind went on autopilot. He did not notice how much time passed and how exactly he got inside his own dormitory. He cleaned himself with his towel as he was scared for today's daily routine.

'My increase in strength is hard to conceal during the Idle Training of my beast. Fortunately, this is a one-time event. But, damn I am almost exposed to a teacher from practical beast training.' Howell still remembered how much effort he had to stuff his origin energy mist into his blood that supposedly came from a dragon.

Of course, it failed since the feedback was continuous and still a lot even for him. The sign of that was...

[Dragonblood(B+)]

...Howell's particular status changed in its grade. Now that he compared his ability with his knowledge, he could draw a conclusion.

1.) The minus, normal, and plus in the letter actually corresponded to the three stages of ability control. It was beginner, proficient, and master.

2.) From additional information from the Beast Tamer System and compared it to his civilization rank, the letter F corresponds to the Wildbeast rank for beast or Tamer Apprentice rank for beast tamer. It meant that A in the ability corresponded to the rank above gold, probably the Planetary rank Howell saw in Little Red's narration text.

'True Dragon Aura(A), yeah I have an ability above Gold rank and Tamer King alright. It is just that, the system helps me to suppress all the suddenly gained ability to be the same as my current rank. Thank you, I guess." Howell did not have any ability to conceal his aura and power so the fact that the system did it as assistance was good enough for Howell.

'Perhaps...I can ask Little Red when she returns from the Idle Training Dimension.' Howell finished cleaning himself and carried the newly bought supplies after he got his new part-time job. Then it was time to see the narrative text once again. Since he was already busy from the moment when he was accepting his new part-time job, he did not even glance at the panel prompt.

 

[Year 1099, month 11

Little Red finally had time to digest numerous pieces of knowledge that caught her eye, and that meant most of them. She also learned a bit of the existence of Beast Tamer from the perspective of the Beast World. They could be good but the majority of them were what her master called jerks of the same mold]

[And most importantly, she also learned every human profession from the ruins and the remnants of the human civilization she discovered on the Desolate Asteroid Belt and some in her Sector]

'Little Red, that is too direct. Please soften the tone a bit...they are really like that but they are also powerful.' Howell facepalmed when he saw that on the narrative text.

Then he was also excited since the time for her return was soon, tonight even. He wanted to see the strong Little Red as soon as possible after all. Then he continued reading the narrative text as he chewed on his dinner.

 

[Year 1105, month 8

Little Red knew that her time in the dimension was growing shorter, therefore she already looked for candidates to continue her faction that already spanned to some of the other Sectors. She also learned and practiced every single knowledge she had, from her True Dragon Information Form inheritance to the human civilization profession and even history. All of this was because she knew that she needed a lot of this knowledge for her master to utilize]

[She also prepared some resources to be brought back. Little Red planned it meticulously but decided to brought some extra to be safe. Despite that, she wanted her master to obtain some things on his own, just like her. Also, she prepared many concealing array and Astral Frame as the additional safety measure]

 

"Little Red..." Howell then realized that his link with Little Red, was it only the byproduct of Beast Taming Pact or was there something more to it? At this time, he saw with his own eyes just how much care Little Red had for him despite not in the same place as him. One of the hardest topics for Howell to digest was all about the loyalty of the beast companion.

He clenched his fist as he got one of the answers he wanted.

'As long as the beasts are sentient, they also have free will. I should consider this factor then.'

After that, Howell also tried to recall a lot of information from the system and made some notes about it. And he also noted that his status was constantly changing since Little Red's development was fast. He synthesized the knowledge he had and that caused his thought to flow like a surging river.

As he wrote the last sentence of the note he wanted to keep, the system prompt then change that Howell knew that this was important matter to him.

[Tip:

[!]

[Your tamed beast has cleared her staying time and is returning to the host's dimension]

[!WARNING!]

[Rank restriction detected to interfere with your tamed beast's power rank...processing...]

 

-

 

In the Crimson Dragon Sector, the Crimson Dragon Queen was staring at the Endless Universe, at the countless stars in the void.

"It's time. I hope that my acquired power and knowledge here can help master greatly. Polymorph." A colossal crimson dragon with amber eyes and vertical pupils was letting out her origin energy as she used one of her acquired abilities. Since this was acquired differently from the standard of Beast Tamer Pact, it would not be reflected on the beast tamer unless he also learned that ability.

The crimson dragon then let out a brilliant light before it dimmed down. In its place, a young woman with long red hair with a set of clothes appeared. Her expression was indifferent but there was excitement reflected in her eyes.

"Crimson Dragon Queen!" several of her subordinates came after sensing the huge commotion and realized that this was related to their ruler.

"My time has come to leave." Little Red still stared at the sky with her back facing her subordinates. Then she turned around to see them one last time. She was not sure that she could visit this place but even if it was feasible, it would be a long time for her return. So she made the candidates for her faction to inherit it after she was gone.

"Even though the candidates are still not decided, but I am sure you can choose it in accordance to what I laid down." Little Red's tone was that of a capable ruler. Then she found her body was changed to the Information form as well as the spatial ring she carried with her. She also reinforced it numerous times so that it could withstand the dimension transfer.

"Whoever among you is still scheming, you better pray and count on whatever backer or lucky charms you have that I will not ever return here." that was the last word of the Crimson Dragon Queen before she disappeared from her dominion.

After that, the polymorphed Little Red found herself conversing with the Administrator.

 

"Oh, you. It is more than a thousand years since we met. I think I can guess why you are here." Little Red at this time was knowledgeable and knew that the Cerulean Planet which her master was currently on had a strong restriction that forbade the rank above gold.

[Yes. It is about the Restriction Frame planted on that particular Sector. What you and your master called 'Fate' is really marvelous, to think that I and this system would land on the place where the Mythical Tamer leaves his possession. While it is not even valuable to you but that Sector is even the backwater of the backwater, not even other civilization existed]

"Since I was born and raised there...I think it will only suppress my power rank at most. The issue is the possession I carry with me. Can it pass through?" Little Red had low confidence when she found out the Restriction Frame on that Sector.

[Leave it to me. This is the opportunity the host and you can get even if it seems like luck plays a part. So be it.]

The Administrator decided to assist since this was the extent of the system's influence and the system was the cause anyway.

"Thank you." Little Red could only say that and the Administrator knew that she was truly grateful for the help. With that, the Administrator used the system Information Form tunnel and also enveloped the spatial ring with a Reality Anchor.

 

-

 

[!]

[...process complete. Your tamed beast 'Little Red' has returned]

[Your tamed beast 'Little Red' used Concealing Talisman, Concealing Astral Frame, Spatial Lockdown Ruler!]

[The system used Reality Anchor to safely deliver the spatial ring 'Little Red' carried]

[!]

[Your tamed beast 'Little Red' has completed her first Idle Training. The host has shown his qualification as a beast tamer and keeps learning new knowledge. The host has been rewarded with 'Insight Eye(E-)' as an ability]

[Insight Eye(E-)

You are able to see the basic status and some of the entity's ability. Can grow along with the user]

"Master, I am back!"

Howell saw a beautiful young woman with long red hair smiling at him. His brows furrowed and his mouth twitched a few times. Of course, the link he had with Little Red was enough to prove that the person in front of him was Little Red. Her amber eyes constantly locked on to him made Howell felt extremely uncomfortable.

'And my entire dormitory has been isolated by some items. Good, good, good.' Howell felt glad that Little Red was considerate enough to think of this possibility.

"Thanks for the compliment." Little Red not only spoke fluently but also felt Howell's thoughts and emotions through the link between them.

"Ah...I have so many things to ask and you also have so many things to tell. But the time is not appropriate anymore. Let's go to sleep." Howell was not used to talking directly to his beast companion. They usually used the link to convey their thoughts.

"Right. Let's remove the items first." and with that, the polymorphed Little Red used her origin energy and called the used items back. Howell walked straight to his bedroom and Little Red followed soon.

 

Morning

Howell had an urge to wake up and he opened his eyes. But then he felt something was different this time.

'Right! Little Red polymorphed into the human form.' with that Realization, Howell lifted his blanket to see the figure of Little Red hugging his left arm while sleeping with a bliss plastered on her face.

Since he knew that Little Red had not seen him for a really long time, he let her be. Besides, now that Little Red had returned, he could finally see the current status without fear of it changing drastically like yesterday.

"Status Window."

[Name: Howell (redacted)

Race: Human (Dragonid form locked)

 
Rank: Consript level 3

 
Ability: Venom Fang(C)[shared], Origin Energy Sensory(C)[shared], Meditation(C)[shared],
Dragonblood(B+)[locked], Bloodvenom Mist(C)[shared], True Dragon Aura(A)[shared],
Flyingrain Serpent Strike(C)[shared], Information Form Manipulation(C)[shared], Martial Arts(C)[shared],Insight Eye(E-)

Beast Companion: Little Red (Galaxy rank potential)]

 

"All the other abilities are at C. Why, I should only be able to handle E rank ability? Is it because of my link with Little Red, allowing a bit of leeway?" Howell had several questions but was surprised to see that he reached level 3.

"Then what about Little Red? What is her current situation?" Howell did not do any further than saw her status on the information panel.

 

[Name : Little Red

Race: True Dragon(Galaxy-rank potential)

Rank: Gold level 9 [Suppresed by Restriction Frame](Star level 6)

           

Ability: Venom Fang(A), Origin Energy Sensory(S), Meditation(S),
Bloodvenom Mist(A), True Dragon Aura(S+),
Flyingrain Serpent Strike(A+), Information Form Manipulation(A+), Martial Arts(A), Polymorph(S+)]

 

"Amazing, her abilities are at least A and some of them are even S...that is Star rank equivalent isn't it?" Howell was stunned by the abilities Little Red had acquired. He knew that Little Red did not have many abilities before her training but now she was so much stronger in just a day in his perspective.

But for Little Red, it was more than a thousand years. Howell could not help but pat and rub her head, feeling sorry since he was not there with her. But one more thing that concerned him was the power rank of Little Red shown by the status window.

"Restriction Frame? What even is that? The only thing I can see is that it forcefully suppresses the rank of the entity in its influence to be at Gold Rank maximum. No higher rank entity is allowed to even unleash their power." Howell frowned since that also meant further breakthrough would be impossible unless they left the influence of the restriction or removed the restriction altogether.

"Hmm..." Little Red was awake the moment she felt Howell's hand on her head. She then propped herself up and stared at him.

"Since we are awake, then you can tell me what you want to tell. We have time until school starts and tomorrow is a holiday anyway." Howell told Little Red.

"Master, I have several things to tell you but most of the emotion can be felt right? So this time I want to tell Master about your body condition. Is that fine?" Little Red said in a soft tone, which was different when she was assuming the role of the ruler.

"Since you say that, it means the matter is extremely important." Howell knew that Little Red was yearning for him and she slept next to him because of that. So the matter she would tell him...was of utmost importance.

 

"Master, you have some of the dragon blood in your veins. Even though it is dormant, but it is there and affecting your growth as a beast tamer." Little Red explained the first issue. Howell nodded and also realized about it. His growth was so slow and at one time he did not know the reason why.

He was already in his second year of high school but only reached Tamer Apprentice level 3 after one year, that did not make sense unless something inhibited his growth. Even the students with similar potential as Howell had reached level 7 on average.

"Right. Only after yesterday did I find out the reason for my slow growth. I am pathetic." Howell knew that without system interference, he would most likely not know his slow growth until he met death.

 

 

 

 

4