C.1 : Trouble
1.2k 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaiah glanced up from his computer screen, a bit shocked that his overtime at work took up so much time. He had originally meanto to idle away and make more money, but he ended up completing it sooner than expected.

"It is kind of strange that there was a survey included. The questions were also different..." Isaiah thought back to one asking him about whether he wanted the world to change or not.

Like any chaos loving bookie, he answered yes. He found that the world was too boring ignoring the fact that he felt that humanity wouldn't be able to preserve the Earth much longer due to climate change and all that.

He wasn't remarkably intelligent, so his opinions didn't matter one bit. So he actually answered with how he felt about it, not minding the fact that the survey would be read by someone later because it was anonymous.

Even if someone read it, how would they know it was him? Putting his laptop into his bag, he stretched and went limp for a moment, enjoying the rare moment of peace he felt inwardly.

"Now that I'm done, I can probably drop by somewhere to eat? I'm too lazy to cook, especially after doing overtime." Isaiah got up, pushing his chair in and looking around the empty office.

He had expected it, but no one was there besides him and the old janitor. Nodding to the janitor as he walked past, he got a slight nod in return.

"It should be raining tonight, but not too heavily. I'll be fine since I drove today." Isaiah headed out to the parking garage, letting his eyes adjust to the dim lighting.

His car was an unassuming one, cheap with worn paint. While he could afford a better one, he didn't necessarily need it, so he held off on buying it.

Driving out on to the street, small drops of water splattered against the windshield, not enough to make him turn on his wipers though.

The ride back wasn't long, maybe about ten minutes. He had little less than five minutes left on his journey when a gray van drove ahead of him from behind.

"Am I driving too slow? Maybe they're just in a hurry." Isaiah disregarded the event as he knew that there were some crazy and reckless drivers out there.

Aside from him and the van, no others cars were on the road. Looking out the driver's window, he saw a flash of light in the distance that made him squint slightly.

Turning back to the road before him, his eyes widened and he stepped on the brakes hard! The gray van he had seen from before had suddenly stopped in the middle of the road with it's emergency lights flashing.

"What now? Why would you stop right th-" Isaiah sighed and wanted to leave, but with how the van had stopped, he didn't trust himself to get by without scraping their van.

Three men opened the van doors and jumped out, weapons aimed at Isaiah who stared for a moment in disbelief. He didn't do anything dangerous, so what was this scene straight out of an action movie doing appearing before him?

"GET OUR OF THE CAR!" One of the men shouted as he aimed at Isaiah through the glass, the other two shooting the tires to prevent him from escaping.

The sound of gunshots made Isaiah snap out of his daze, but he felt the car sink slightly and cursed silently, putting his car in reverse and pressing the pedal.

Feeling the car moving, he let out a sigh of relief, but then he realized the steering wheel had become harder to move and the car was a lot slower. From the gunshots before, he realized that they had probably shot something important to the car's function.

"F*cking hell." Isaiah cursed when he saw the men running towards him, realizing that the car as it was now was nothing but a burden. His best bet would be getting out and fleeing on foot, but he would be out in the open if one of the men got an itchy finger.

Turning the car slightly to block their sight, he opened the door and stepped out into the light drizzle. He didn't want to be burdened with anything, and he didn't know why they stopped him, so he left his bag behind and ran to the trees next to the road.

He had made it a few meters when a gunshot sounded and the ground a few feet away exploded. He froze up, and looking back he could see the men nearing him, guns trained on him.

As he wasn't into weapons, he wasn't sure what kind of rifle they held, but he wondered why they would bother to stop someone like him. The closest man gestured for Isaiah to follow him.

Being led to the car was probably the most nerve-wracking thing Isaiah had ever experienced. Armed men staring at you with hostility wasn't a good feeling, and he didn't like it.

"Get in." Isaiah realized the men wore masks that covered their faces, and from their voice, he wasn't sure how he could even identify them if he got free later because it was too deep to be normal.

"Try anything funny and you'll be in for pain." Another man spoke as Isaiah was roughly shoved into the van. One got in the driver and the other two sat besides Isaiah in the back, hands on their sheathed knives.

"The contractor said to deliver the 'cargo' to xxxxxx." One of the men spoke, this time to his fellow kidnapper. Isaiah tried to learn anything he  possibly could, but the men didn't say much as the van drove onwards.

The trees on the roadside grew thicker and Isaiah realized they were headed out of the city. Forget finding out who arranged this, even his life wasn't certain anymore.

He lunged forward, trying to grapple one of the men next to him for his knife, but the other punched him in the side. When the sharp pain registered, he let go and the man who punched him took out a syringe and jabbed it into Isaiah's neck.

Strength left his body, and Isaiah felt as if he were floating on a cloud. He was afraid, but his body refused to listen to him. He slumped as his surroundings turned indistinct.

21