Chapter 7: Shadow Guards
107 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Glory City]

[City Lord's Mansion]

[After three days]

A similar scene to the one three days ago was taking place.

Shen Hong came to receive the answer to the proposal with Xiao Li, his Sidekick.

His life was grand.

Shen Hong could not help it. All his plans for the last few years were coming to fruition.

He had succeeded in poisoning Ye Zong's wife.

He had taken over 80% of the propriety of the Winged Dragon Family.

His cultivation was close to breaking the Legendary rank.

And now, he could have another force to back him in becoming City Lord, 40% of the Ying Family's business.

While the Ying family is small, much of their business is in weapons.

If he has a weapons business with the enchantments in the Sacred Family, he can control the weapons in the city.

Although he owns the Winged Dragon Family's property, in reality, much of it is land and some mines for Soul Crystal.

Soul Crystal is useless, as something can always reuse, so all the families already have theirs.

The advantage, in reality, is controlling the votes and opinions of the Family.

Although the heir to the Ying family is young, if all goes well, he may have another puppet in the future.

'Shen Fei is still inexperienced. He wants to kill someone worth more alive than dead,' he thought. His children let him down.

'If only they would inherit a little from me.'

Looking in front of him, he noticed that the City Lord's face looked strange. He has a smile.

Does he find something amusing?

Then Ye Zong says, "I received the answers from the patriarch of the Ying Family, and he agreed with the agreement."

'That was the obvious result,' sneered Shen Hong in his thoughts.

Ye Zong continued, "He agreed to the battles taking place over two weeks. And he said that with each defeat, each side must hand over 20% of their property to the other."

Shen Hong was now puzzled.

The Ying Family only had one Elder who could fight for it, and he always worked as a guard.

Did Ying's heir decide on impulse, thinking that his guard is much stronger than the Sacred Family's Elders? A kid thought?

No, maybe another thing?

"Shen Hong... Are you okay?" said the City Lord seeing him lost in thoughts.

'I'll think about this later,' thought Shen Hong.

"Yes, Brother Ye," said he with a calculative smile.

"I was just happy that I'll be able to defend my son's honor." His smile right now seems genuine.

"So that's the solution. In two weeks, both families will meet and defend their honor. If there is nothing else, I believe you can both withdraw." Concluded a Ye Zong slightly tired.

"I have a doubt, Bother Ye. Ying Heir said the reason for the value of 20% of the property?" asks Shen Hong. He intends to see if there is a plot behind this.

"Hum... He said that bets are best when the risk is big." Said Ye Zong. He had asked Ye Shuo to talk to Ying Zheng and find out what kind of person he was.

Ye Shuo is an Elder responsible for gathering intel, interrogations, and assassinations. But he says that the Ying heir was a tough person to understand.

'He doesn't appear to care about the fight at all...'

'All the time with him, he smiles and dominates the flow of the conversation as was natural...'

'And his confidence in himself is extreme. He is not a normal Kid Ye Zong...'

'My senses alarming danger all the instant. You know, I am sensitive to this.'

'Be careful when dealing with the Ying patriarch.'

These were the worlds that Ye Shuo said.

Although Ye Zong doesn't want to take a child of his daughter's age seriously, he cannot ignore his words either. But don't tell Shen Hong this.

Shen Hong found it strange. There were only two reasons for Ying Heir treated the family properties like nothing.

First, because he doesn't care, and as a teenager, he is taking this as a game.

Second, he doesn't take the Sacred Family seriously at all.

With the option, he knows the answer.

"We agree, bother Ye." Said Shen Hong. He doesn't believe that someone doesn't take the Sacred Family seriously.

"I thank you for the mediation. Thanks to this, I'll be able to bring justice to my son- and daughter-in-law." continued righteousness.

Then, saying goodbye and leaving with his almost forgotten sidekick.

[Ying Family Manor]

"How many did you get, Zhao?" Said Ying Zheng, looking at his guard.

"I found ten boys and six girls. Their potential is good." Said Zhao. He is happy that his young patriarch wants to train some teenagers.

Ying Zheng, right now, wants to create his shadow guards. He needs talents, in this case, quality over quantity.

He tasked Zhao to search for orphans with potential.

"Okay, Zhao, buy a Soul Crystal for each and train them physically."

"Yes, Young Patriarch," responded the Elder man.

"Also, give they a good bed and food to eat."

After taking care of them, he will give them cultivation techniques that are more compatible with each one.

He spent too much time increasing his strength while failing to strengthen other powers.

While an emperor is always in front, he needs those who help him from behind.

The Shadow Guards' job has always been to prevent trouble.

Information gathering is something that he needs more right now.

As for the fight in two weeks, was he worried?

The answer is no.

He is already at the peak of the Gold 5-star Rank.

In two weeks, he can reach the Black Gold rank.

'Although the others may be stronger in rank... In technique and experience, I am better than everyone,' thought Ying Zheng while going to his room.

Before reaching the room, he sees Ann in his direction.

"Young Patriarch has a visitor of the Divine Family here. He wants to talk with you," said her with a worried face.

"Who is?"

"Elder --..." said Ann, but Ying Zheng interrupted her.

"Don't need to continue this, says 'I don't need the Divine Family's help,' okay?" said Ying Zheng.

"Also, say to him if his patriarch wants something, he needs to show sincerity."

"Okay... Young patriarch." compiles her.

He understands the situation.

The Sacred Family has so much influence. If the Ying family becomes Shen's property, the Divine Family can become the next target.

He doesn't need to make the Divine Family his enemy. But if the relationship between the two families starts with the Elder and him being the same height, this doesn't work.

He is a patriarch here, but his pride is of an emperor.

His status is high than an aleatory Elder in his present and past lives.

So he made his way to his room. He needed to think again about his techniques.

The more he learned, the more he realized how difficult it was.

However, what he liked most was challenges, and if he was going to do them, he was going to make the best technique possible.

 

5