Chapter 8: Where is my waiting room, I wonder?
111 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Glory City]

Like every day in the Glory City, the day turned, and a new day dawned.

However, there was something different in the conversations between the people on the streets.

The conversations are about the Ying Family and the Sacred Family.

In two weeks, those two noble families fight for honor.

The people were excited because battles among top fighters were uncommon.

The citizen can become, on the general, a fighter and don't yet reach Silver Rank.

Then a fight with Black Gold rank fighters makes people's blood boil with a forgotten excitement.

The people don't know, but the rumors started because of their own Sacred Family.

The Patriarch of the Sacred Family doesn't stay quiet. These battles are 60% of the properties of his family. He gives no chance to the Ying Family.

There is a possibility that he thought they would contact fighters for the family. But he stopped this.

He issued an alert in the Fighter Association for nobody to accept the Ying Family's invitation to the battles.

Another is the other noble families, such as the Divine family, who want to interfere. Shen Hong uses the Dark guild to stop them.

Minor attacks put the patriarchs in a cautious situation. They can't send power to the Ying Family.

A slight risk, but if he can receive 60% of proprieties of Ying Family, then a justified one.

'Everything is going according to Keikaku,' thought Shen Hong.

"Call the Elders, Shen Yan, Shen Xu, and Shen Yuan," said Shen Hong for the serve.

All three were powerful Black Gold Rank fighters. Shen Hong selected them to ensure the victory of the Sacred family.

[Ying Family Manor]

In the Ying Family training camp, there were 16 young people. These were the future Shadow Guards of Ying Zheng.

Some looked suspicious, wondering if they wanted to hire them or were lying.

Others were just happy with the food and were already content.

Others just seemed to observe the situation.

Suddenly, everyone looked toward the door. There was a teenager. His body was muscular, and he had a noble air about him, of the one who held the world in his hands.

Yes, Ying Zheng, the young patriarch of the Ying Family.

He came to instill a sense of faith in his people. They need to know that they can trust him and that he can improve their lives.

Or better, that their lives have a reason.

Arriving in front of them, Ying Zheng stopped and looked at them.

"Do any of you have any questions?" asks Ying Zheng while remaining to look at them.

"Have any of you ever wondered why you are here?" Continued.

A black-haired guy, seem 14 years old, said: "Aren't you the one who brought us here?... You're asking something you already should know"

Ying Zheng chuckled a little.

"Maybe you are right, but why are you here? Here in this world?" said Ying Zheng. This time, some seemed to feel as if the question was an attack.

"As orphans, the doubt never came?" his tone was serious.

"Why was I born in this world? Why do I have to suffer while others continue to live their lives?"

"Do you yet have a name you can call your own?"

Some have a name, but most are a number or something easy to call.

"What is the reason that made you continue to survive?"

They don't know why they never give up...

"What made you eat food even from the ground to live the next day?"

They don't have a choice...

The faces of some now showed sadness, while others showed hatred.

"And what does this have to do with you... Did you bring us here to humiliate us?" said a girl with blue hair and an angry face.

"What gives you the right to say that... you don't understand anything." continued another person.

"Your lives, I will give you a reason, I will give you names, and I will give you a way," said no Ying Zheng this time. But as Qin Shi Huang, the First Emperor.

"I want your lives, not to me, but something bigger. From the moment you become my soldiers, your lives will carry the weight of several."

"I'm offering you a path, not just to have food and a place to sleep... A way to have a place to call your own, to prevent others from suffering the same pains as you."

"Right now, you are not hungry or thirsty, and you know you have a place to sleep out of the cold or heat."

"But when you wake up and ask yourself things like 'Who am I?' 'What do I do?'."

"I want you to know that you were born for something greater... From now forward, your misery... and your pains... are my, too."

While saying this, he took off his blindfolds and started looking at each of them. Their pains he would take with them, for that is the responsibility of being a leader.

After the speech, most of them looked lost, and some cried. Others seemed lost in thought, and some seemed confused.

Qin Shi Huang looked at them and spoke, "You don't need to swear loyalty now... Train, become strong, and look at me... I will show you the value of actions."

After finishing his speech, Qin Shi Huang left the training camp and went to the library.

On the way, he saw Zhao. He was waiting for Ying Zheng.

"Zhao, monitor them for a while and see if anyone is communicating externally. For now, only train them physically," said Ying Zheng.

In reality, he can't trust anyone easily. In the past, until his sons tried to kill him.

"Try to filter out those who seem faithful and those who don't." continued him.

"Yes, Lord patriarch. " In these past months, Zhao has pride in his patriarch. If in the past he was his Young Master, today he is his lord with honor, and he knows that the madame and the master should be happy about him.

Then they both go their ways.

[Northern Martial Field]

[2 weeks Later]

"Looks like today is the day," said Ying Zheng, while looking at the Northern Martial Field.

"Well... Where is my waiting room, I wonder?" said he, as he seemed to look for the best room to stay.

 

6