Chapter 13: Battles (3)
80 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In reality, Ying Zheng is at an immense disadvantage in this match. 

Ying Zheng knows this, but all this life was fighting with enemies more powerful than him. 

Chi You was strong, a body almost indestructible. Ying Zheng created his fighting technique by fighting with him to defeat him.

Ying Zheng needed six whole days fighting with him, but he won.

His fight fighting with Hades was the same. Hades' attacks were almost his instant death. His power forced Qin Shi Huang to fight with his life on the line, but he won.   

The reason that he never loses is simple. Qin Shi Huang can't lose.  

One who never doubts... never yields... never relies... and always stands as the leader of his people. That is what makes a king.

Qin Shi Huang can't lose. 

If he loses, Chi You can continue his tyranny and threaten the life of his people in China. 

If he loses to Hades, all humanity is in danger. 

If he loses, who protects the promise that he makes to his mother?

He needs to fight because he has a reason never to lose. 

Shen Hong is not a big enemy, but he is a threat to the life of his people. 

And threats exist to be eliminated. 

__________________________________________________________________

Shen Hong was a proud kid.

He is always trying to make his father proud.

However, his father never smiles at him.

The first time his father spoke with him was to ask about his talent in cultivation.   

It was also the first time he learned about someone better than himself. 

His father, with a sigh, only said, "Is worse than this Ye Mo's brat."

He tried to be better. 

But never couldn't reach his father's expectations.

He was determined to change. 

His father should be happy if he is like him. 

Then he became cold. 

He became vindictive. 

He became cruel. 

He becomes the same that was his father. 

So he killed his father. He had no more function. 

He was only like his father sought power, but his father's words constantly tormented him. 

He could never surpass Ye Zong.

So he decided that if he couldn't reach it. He could bring it down. 

So from killing Ye Zong's wife to even destroying the city. 

He would do anything not to be inferior to someone else. 

However, patriarch Ying, a kid, returned his jealousy.

A child that doesn't take him in his eyes. 

He will do everything to kill him now.

Ying Zheng is only a kid, but he is a threat to his plans. 

And threats exist to be eliminated. 

_______________________________________________________________

"THE THIRD AND FINAL ROUND BEGINS!" shouted the presenter. 

In the arena, the battle finally starts. 

Shen Hong starts his fusion with the Sacred Flaming Condor, and Ying Zheng changes his instance into an offensive one. 

Both had their determinations, and only the one who had the biggest would win this battle. 

Ying Zheng advances in Shen Hong with the thrust of his sword, but the Sacred Flaming Condor is a Demon spirit of speed type. 

Shen Hong dodges for the left. 

Ying Zeng seems to follow his movements and change the thrust in a cut in the horizontal. 

Shen Hong again dodges, but this time he takes distance and starts circulating Ying Zheng at a fast speed in traces of fire. 

Shen Hong seemed to want to trap him in a whirlpool of fire. 

Ying Zheng doesn't have the same speed, but he can perceive his movements yet with the blindfolds. 

Then Ying Zheng only jumps out of the circle. 

Realizing that his idea has failed, Shen Hong thinks of something else. Although his plan was not the best, it should have worked for someone inexperienced. 

"You're indeed good, kid... not, Ying Patriarch." Said Shen Hong, mentally reaffirming his intention to kill him. 

"Hao... Too bad I can't say the same for you," says Ying Zheng with a smirk. 

"You are arrogant... let's see you keep that smirk." Said Shen Hong with a smile. He already knew how to win. 

Shen Hong's whole body becomes likes fire. 

Then he moves toward Ying Zheng. 

Shen Hong's speed is fast, but Ying Zheng can see his movements. 

However, Shen Hong did not want to attack him. But to destabilize him mentally. 

He intended to get close and make him lose focus for only a second. 

"Your parents were easier to kill than you..." Said Shen Hong. 

Ying Zheng seems a bit shaken. 

Shen Hong took advantage of the situation and attacked with his claws on Ying Zheng's left chest. 

His intention is obvious, to kill him. 

However, he meets resistance. His claws hit the side of the sword. 

So he feels as if the sword absorbs his power.

"I know too... Vice-president of the Dark Guild." Said Ying Zheng, still with his smirk. 

[Chi You–Armor Form: Heavenly Hand of Defense]

Shen Hong stops, and his eyes show surprise.

In a fight, any milliseconds count. And this was sufficient for Ying Zheng to return all the power to Shen Hong. 

Ying Zheng turns the sword and slashes it horizontally across Shen Hong's chest. 

He makes it out alive, but he has blood on his chest. 

In reality, Shen Hong so far does not take Ying Zheng seriously. 

Not because he believes that Ying Zheng is weak, but because of his arrogance. 

Ying Zheng had been thinking about possibilities for today. While he was not afraid of the struggles, he had to think about how to get the best out of it all.  

The best possible solution would be to force Shen Hong to use the Dark Guild's abilities and thus kill him. 

"It looks that I still underestimated you... But if you already know about the Dark Guild, there is no more to hide." Said Shen Hong. 

 'It is difficult to kill him in a short time... while I could still kill him... I would have already lost a lot of blood,' Thought Shen Hong looking for his wound.

Shen Hong decides if he can't win, he can make a distraction and run away. If he keeps fighting, he can die. 

He holds something in his hand. It looks like a stone with an inscription on it.

Then suddenly, several people jump into the arena and seem to summon various monsters with an appearance like an enormous shadow with red eyes. 

 [Shadow Devil summoning technique]

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Author notes:

Arrogance is something complicated. 

For example, in chess, I previously won some tournaments. 

If I play against someone older or expert, I can usually keep a longer attention span and play a good game. 

But when I play against someone much younger or inexperienced. 

I sometimes find myself making big mistakes or losing a few times because I just haven't thought about the possibility of losing. 

My arrogance has relation to my results. 

But confidence is more like my means. For example, I study, and because of this, I am confident about the test. 

5