Chapter 15: Aftermatch.
333 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Glory City]

[Northern Martial Field]

In the arena of tens of thousands of people, two thousand died.

A wife loses her husband, she cried. She was pregnant and wished to have a family with him.

But she never could see him again.

A kid loses his parents. He only says innocently, "Mama... papa... to wake up."
The kid becomes an orphan. Mother and father are past now.

A father loses his children. Minutes ago, he was the happiest, but right now, his world was in crumbles.

He should protect them, but he was weak. 'Do I still have a reason to live?' were his only thoughts.

Meanwhile, Ying Zheng felt all the situation.

In the past, he promised to become king so no one would feel the same way as he felt.

But at the moment, he remembered the reason to follow his way.

'The people only die when they are forgotten.'

If he followed his promise to Chun Yan, she would still be alive with him.

No past, so many people died following him. The only thing that he could do was remember his faces and pains. These memories give him strength in his moments of doubt, and this moment keeps Ying Zheng forward.

'That is why I will become the greatest king. Even if this is another world.'

"Patriarch, the City Lord called to a meet with all the noble families in his room." Said Ann and a respectful tone.

"Okay, Ann."

Ying Zheng

[Meeting Room]

At this moment, the whole noble families of Glory City are together. While the conflict with the Dark Guild ended, various people died, and the betrayal of the Sacred Family confused them.

If the Dark Guild has such a family in his hands is not exaggerated to think there are other families.

The patriarchs of the noble houses are wary, looking among themselves. At this moment, trust is the major problem.

Ying Zheng perceives the situation.

Ying Zheng sees the city lord and thinks, 'A calm city makes a weak leader.'

Ying Zheng has nothing against Ye Zong. He respects that Ye Zong would die to defend the city, but only desire or strength does not make a leader.

Then Ying Zheng smiles and breaks the silence, "Mou Man Tai."

All the people in the room suddenly look at Ying Zheng.

He spoke earlier than the lord of the city.

“Today is the day the city needs to celebrate… If not today, when is best to find the major betrayer of the city?”

His smile fades, and his expression changes into a serious one.

“In the future, when the Dark Guild and sacred family destroyed the city?“

The entire room becomes silent.

Only the possibility frightened them.

“Minutes ago, who was fighting against the Dark Guild?”

His serious tone makes them look around. All of them were full of blood and wounds.

“We protect the city today together… and we must keep shielding.“

The people in the room understood what he was trying to convey.

“This moment is to celebrate the victory against the Dark Guild, trying to calm the citizens… Then to interrogate the prisoners for information.”

“Right now, we had a victory… but we must destroy the threat.“

“Remember your friends and family that lost their lives today or in the past... AND MAKE THE DARK GUILD PAY EACH ONE OF THEM!“

The patriarchs of each family turned their suspicions to hatred toward the Dark Guild.

At that point, they ignored their doubts and accepted that there was something more important to focus on: the destruction of the Dark Guild.

Ye Zong feels strange at the moment.

‘This is my function, right?’ Ye Zong thought.

His mind was a bit in turmoil. He had known Shen Hong for so long and had never realized the betrayal.

He felt he had failed as lord of the city. So he takes the point of one of his concerns.

"Do you have any proposals for people who have lost their families?"

Ying Zheng again speaks, "The Ying Family right now has not only the own incomes but 80% of the Sacred Family proprieties."

"The Ying Family goes to help any family on necessity, and we will make a big funeral in honor of theses that died using this money."

Ying Zheng makes this because he really wanted to help these people. But he knows the advantages. With this, he gains the love of the citizens, and the recognition of the other patriarchs.

In addition, people who seek shelter from the Ying family will probably be more faithful to him. Li Si taught him this in the past.

Then the others thanked him, and some offered another type of help with the problem.

So there were several discussions, each of which involved several other problems.

They discussed some measures of defense and caution. However, Ying Zheng said that it was useless to think of anything without interrogating the members of the Dark Guild.

After that, they tried to see what to do with the captured sacred family. Although some members have escaped, not all of them did.

From the main line, Shen Fei and Shen Xiu have escaped. However, Shen Yue was not as lucky.

The Elders also fled, at least those who could walk. They still left behind those who faced Ying Zheng.

At the time of the fight, the families focused on defending the people and attacking the Dark Guild members. If they tried to stop the Sacred Family from escaping, a lot of force would need to be used, as they still had Black Gold Rank fighters.

Because of this, they need to discuss the Sacred Family members' future.

The solution was to try won information from them. After this, if there is no use, then only kill all of them in public.

The last discussion was about the talents of Ying Zheng.

With all the other things, they left him last, but in the view of everyone, he could become the future protector of the city.

Ying Zheng is only 12 years old. But he is Black Gold Rank as a fighter and shows an absurd talent with a soul forming when he is not yet Bronze Rank as a spiritualist. All this shows that he can become the next Legendary Rank as a spiritualist.

The City Lord proposed he move into his residence for protection. Although he had been under the care of Ye Zong before, he would now be directly under protection.

Ying Zheng understands more about the personality of Ye Zong. He does not have malicious intentions, but no means that this is good for Ying Zheng.

"I'm going to have to reject." Said Ying Zheng with a carefree expression.

Ye Zong cannot force his protection on anyone, so he decided only to reinforce the security around Ying Zheng.

However, he cannot deny the urge he has to hit him.

At one moment, he seems to rule the whole situation like the emperors of the few ancient records.

At others, he doesn't seem to take anything seriously.

Ye Zong was a little bothered that Ying Zheng had not treated him respectfully since they had met.

"This is the last decision of today." Said Ye Zong with a tired voice.

Then everyone bid farewell to each other.

It can say that Ying Zheng was the major highlight of the discussions.

As they were leaving, some noble families were already thinking about how to propose marriage to Ying Zheng.

The thought also crossed Ye Zong's mind.

But he destroyed the thought, imagining him as a son-in-law who doesn't even bow to him.

After a while, he arrived and met up with Ann, Zhao, and his now more loyal Shadow Guards.

However, one thing did surprise him a bit.

Several voices were what he heard, were people screaming for him, thanking the one who killed the culprit for all this, Shen Hong.

'I feel as if this happened recently...' thought Ying Zheng, remembering the voices in the Ragnarök.

'I wonder if my boyish valkyrie is okay?'

8