Prologue 1: Second Life
50 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There she stood, with her clothes tattered and dirty. Her golden blonde-hair flowing through the air, her sapphire-like eyes confused and observing where she was. Her eyes unfocused, she was regretting this life, after all what could a seven-year old do in this world. Even with her current appearance, she was still a princess. She was also the princess who he had fallen in love with. Standing by the one tree that stood in this place, she looked forsaken. Noticing my presence, she asked with her gentle tone, “Who are you..?”

“Me? I’m just an observer,” I answered.

“Are you like me..?”

“I don’t know.” 

“I... see,” she said. Tears flowed down her cheeks. While she looked me in the eyes, her fatigue caught up to her and she fainted. Running, I caught her. 

This was the start of it all. The start of the domination of an entire continent. It was all for him and her. All of it.


In the past, I made a game. I received multiple awards for a game that was mostly story-based. There were expectations of me and my studio to make a game even better, but we couldn’t deliver on our expectations. Throughout history, I was slowly erased, all the members in my studio left. I walked with no regrets, as I did what I loved. Even if I might not have gotten as successful as in the beginning. 

Though I died soon after. I had nobody with me. I get to finally end this life. 

Ironically, it was as though somebody didn’t want me to be dead. When I came to consciousness, I was on a bed. On a very comfortable bed. 

What happened? 

It was extremely bright, leading me to close my eyes. I heard a faint voice, it was a very soothing voice. Who is this person..?

“...”

I can’t seem to hear or see very well. I can barely hear their voices, one of a man, and another a woman. What’s going on…? Where am I? Maybe, I’m in the hospital after that accident. Ah… What’s this..? I’m getting sleepy all of a sudden.


It’s been a year since I was ‘reborn’. Since I'm a baby I mostly live life without moving much, I couldn't talk or move around, so nothing eventful happened.

And It seems as though I was born again after my death. The strange part is, I can understand both my parents, who mind you, are extremely gorgeous (not that it’s relevant). I can’t talk. Whenever I try, all that comes out is gibberish. But, it seems they are content with me calling them ‘mama’ and ‘papa’. Though it’s a tad-bit embarrassing. 

I can’t seem to control my ‘childish behavior’, I seem to throw a tantrum and start crying whenever I don’t get what I want. I can’t seem to control my emotions. I was extremely shocked when I first came to this world, but I seem to be getting used to it. Though, I don’t know much about this world, since I’m always locked in a crib. The only times I went out of this room was when I met my distant ‘relatives’. I only remember fragments of my past-life. I don’t remember much. After the day I was born, I seem to remember much less of what happened to me.

The worst thing that I had to come to terms with was being fed. I had to swallow my pride and live as a baby. But, seeing my mom worried since I was hesitant to eat was painful. I don’t know why, but seeing them worried with that face makes me sad. Perhaps it was because I never experienced parental love. So, I made my resolve, and decided that I would live for these people. I might’ve taken over this boy’s body. But I have to live up to what he would’ve been destined to do.

I can understand their words in a very rudimentary way, I seem to know their intentions but not their words. A bit strange. But, I do seem to be picking up on words, so it seems that children truly do learn languages faster. I also think my name is Vira. That’s what they seemed to have named me.

From my observations, it seems this home is made up of four main rooms. Two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. I still can’t seem to walk, but I can at least crawl around. But, I really am struggling. My parents let me down on the floor, letting me crawl around. Of course they didn’t let me out of their sight. Both of them were happy with my progress and let me crawl around. 

On this specific day, a new person came into our house. This was the first time she didn’t seem to be related. She was our neighbor, Kanau. After she came in, she started watching me try walking with the help of my mother. Perhaps it was because I was staring at her. But, she picked me up and hugged me. She seems like a very nice girl. I’d say she’s about twenty years old? No, maybe younger? Oh well, It doesn’t matter.

I then spent the entire day with her, she carried me around the town. It’s a nice place. Far from the cities that I remember. It seems that our house is the biggest in our town. I never had come outside. Looking around, all of the residents were also gorgeous. I only thought it was our family. But, it seems that maybe this entire world is like this? 

That night I couldn’t sleep, suddenly I felt a throbbing pain in my heart. I couldn’t breathe, let alone shout. My head felt like it would explode, my heart beated faster than ever. I tried calling out, but I couldn’t. I started panting. Suddenly, someone burst through the door. It was my mother. It seems that she came for me, my father behind her. Both of them had come for me, my mother in tears took me and tried to see if anything was visibly problematic, my father was shouting… I didn't know what happened and I suddenly fell unconscious.

Waking up, I saw my mother’s face. I was in her hands, she was sleeping with me in her hands. I touched her face, she flinched at that. Waking up, she looked at me in worry. Seeing that I was smiling, her face showed relief. Her face showed tear marks, I could see that.

But then, I had a strange feeling. Like I had remembered more of my past. I could remember two to three years of what happened before my death. Until then, though I had consciousness I couldn’t remember anything. I didn’t understand why or how. But now, I remembered.

‘I had died because of a heart attack. I used to live in a cramped apartment. I died with nobody by my side. I didn’t earn enough money to live.’

It was a sudden surge of information. Yet, I couldn’t remember my name. I couldn’t, no matter how hard I tried. I couldn’t control my thoughts, what did this mean? Why are these memories coming to me now? What is happening to me..? I couldn’t help but think that something in me was changing, for better or for worse. I had to deal with it. I finally accepted it, this was my second life. 

1