Extra: Vira Pt. 1
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I waited outside the house for Vira to come back, I noticed he had a girl riding with him. I always made sure that he was safe when he played outside, but I knew he didn’t have a friend like her. 

 

Not to mention she had bandages covering her entire body. To be honest I was scared that something had happened to him, and I was angry that he knew full well that he couldn’t stay out longer and still didn’t come back quicker.

 

“Who is that girl?” I asked him, I knew he wouldn’t answer me if I were to be the same doting mother as always.

 

“She’s a friend.” It was definitely a lie. Whenever he’d lie, he’d look down at the floor and avoid eye contact.

 

“Why’re you so late then?” I asked him.

 

“I just took a little longer than usual.” he once again didn’t look at my face answering that.

 

“Did you think you could actually lie to me, your mother?” I asked. But what I got was a swift answer. “No.”

 

He then continued. “Mom. I know right now you want answers. But I can’t answer right now.”

 

“Why?” I asked back.

 

“To be honest, I don’t have an answer right now. But, I’ll tell you everything tomorrow.” This time he looked straight into my eyes, with a determined face, and with an expression that would make me doubt whether he was still a child.

 

I always knew he was a bit special in everything. He’d have an unyielding concentration when doing the things he wanted to do. He wouldn’t easily give up and most of all, he’d never ask us for any help. He was always resolved to do what he wanted.

 

And today I saw that expression again. It seems he was resolved and prepared to do something.

 

I took the girl who was on the horse, and noticed how light she was. Her body was covered in bandages, and her hair was a lustrous blonde. Even if she had the appearance of someone without a home right now, she’d definitely be a beauty if she was given proper care. 

 

I wondered where my son would even find such a girl.

 

Deciding that I’d test him, I asked. “Where did you plan to let her sleep?”

 

“My room.” Jeez, it’s like he knew I’d ask this.

 

Planning to let her sleep on your bed while you sleep at the table, huh? Even I’d be proud of you at this moment.

 

Soon, I placed the girl on his bed and went to bed. 

 

Later when I came back out I saw he was sleeping at the table, just as I had thought. I placed a blanket on him. “You really are a good kid, aren’t you?”

 

I then went back to sleep.

0