Extra: Sword.
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today I went to the temple to meet Saruva. And I wanted to see grandpa, but it’s been so long since I’ve actually seen him. However the main reason I was here was because the sage wanted me to ask Saruva to cast a sword for Stella. Although I thought it was a bit much asking him, the sage seemed to not care about that.

 

And in the corner of my eyes I saw Saruva running towards me, “Ah! Young master! Welcome.”

 

I could see that he was happy, “Did something good happen?”

 

“Ah...” he started getting embarrassed which made me want to ask more, and I did.

 

“Come on! Tell me!”

 

And he finally gave in, “I’m getting married.”

 

“Woah... Really?”

 

Honestly I was surprised. I didn’t think he actually had interest in women... I mean from the way he was, you couldn’t really blame me. He didn’t do anything other than be at the temple. Nonetheless, I’m happy for him, after all this is good news!

 

“Nice!”

 

“Thank you young master... Ah, but what brings you here?”

 

“Well... The thing is... I wanted to get a sword...”

 

“Ah that’s simple enou-”

 

“A custom made one at that...”

 

“Well it isn’t hard for us, but we’d need the exact details of how you want the sword to be made. And it’ll take a few months to get that done... Not to mention the time it’d take to send it to the blacksmith... It’ll take a really long time.”

 

[Goddammit... Hey otherworlder, I’ll tell him the details he needs, how about you draw the sword on some paper.]

 

[You sure? I’m not that..]

 

[Ah shut up, I’ve seen your memories, I haven’t seen anyone in my lifetime who could draw that well.]

 

[Alright then...]

 

Although we only recently discovered this, it seems that we can control different parts of our body, but it’s really hard to do and requires concentration.

 

“Saruva, could I get paper? I’ll discuss the details of the swords today.”

 

He looked skeptical, but regardless he got the sheets of paper and a pen, and we both sat at the table. 

 

I took a deep breath, then I took control. Specifically the eyes, and arms. While the Sage took control of the ears and mouth. 

 

While the Sage described the different metals and alloys we’d needed to use, I quickly started drawing the swords. First the hilt, and the designs we wanted. 

 

Then I made sure to detail the depth and length of the sword relative to a length unit I made up on the spot. Usually these sorts of things are done with the blacksmith, so we never make blueprints according to the Sage. But the Sage told me this would also work, since we can just define length units. I called it a ‘Matr’.

 

Saruva looked shocked, but I couldn’t hear him at all since Sage took control. I continued to make the designs and I was finally done. Two swords, one for Stella. And one for me. To my knowledge while there were different units of length used by different workshops, there wasn’t a consistent system. 

 

Other than that, it was no exaggeration to say that this couldn’t be done by any normal person, even we could do it only because we were different people entirely. 

 

But we were done and I gave the blueprint to Saruva.

 

“I’ll do my best to get this to you young master. It’ll take about a year though... I hope you don’t mind.”

 

“Oh no, It’s fine.” It felt like he was treating me a bit differently than usual. But I didn’t pay much heed.

0