50. Spectacular Scene
3k 2 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shobe seemed excited when speaking of fishing competition, and he continued, "Right now, in the human-class waters, cucumber fish price about five pearls, which is a record price."

"The fishing competition in the human-class waters is crazier. They almost became fisher."

"Our sea is a little remote, and cucumber fish are few here. But just because of this year's market, I guess there will be at least 300 boats participating in the tournament!"

Avril's eyes widened, "300?"

"Yeah, that's still a conservative guess on my part. By my count, the Navy of our three trading markets will have 50 small boats participating. Plus the merchant ships mixing the three markets for a long time, about two hundred and thirty or forty, and quite a few bounty fleets will be coming through."

"The bounty fleet will come too?"

"Yes, they'll come wherever there's money. There are fewer fish here and fewer boats, so they will have a big advantage if they come. As far as I know now, there are two sub-G bounty fleets, and 27 small boats from two G-class bounty fleets have signed up, and I'm sure there will be more later. So 300 ships is a conservative guess."

After all, Shobe is a lieutenant. He is still well-informed.

"Avril, cucumber fish move swiftly; smaller ships will have a greater advantage than larger ones if you want to catch them. But the too small ship's power system won't work. Therefore boats of 10 to 15 meters are the most advantageous. But you should know that the Navy and the Bounty Fleet also have small boats. Although they are not much bigger than yours, they are still much more powerful than yours."

"For one thing, our power systems are stronger and faster. For another, our ships are well equipped, and for a third..." Shobe frowned slightly, thought for a moment and said, "In fact, you know, under the temptation of such high interest, I am afraid this fishing competition will have more friction. And you should know that if friction does occur, there will certainly be a collaboration between the ships of our same fleet."

Avril was always smart, and she immediately understood when Shobe said that.

Everyone else was huddled together, and they were lucky not to get beaten when alone, let alone competitive.

"Lieutenant Shobe, are you participating??"

"Sure! These days, I even don't have much money for cigarettes..." Shobe said poorly, "Right, how about this, you guys just hang around us. You're not professional fishing boats anyway. Next to us, even if someone comes after you, you can come to my side, and I'll cover you!"

Avril nodded and thanked him for now, "Thanks a lot."

It wasn't long before the crew called Shobe away. When Shobe had gone, Avril sat at the boat's bow and shared the news Shobe had brought.

"Shobe means this fishing tournament will be very competitive, and he can't even rule out friction."

The crowd was silent for a moment.

The purchase price of the cucumber fish this time was good, but there will be at least three hundred boats in this competition, including the navy and the major bounty fleets. There is no doubt that their small boat would be at a disadvantage.

"Captain, what should we do?" Avril asked.

Raine thought about this for a long time.

"Is Sicily the only place that has cucumber fish? You guys said that the tournament location was changing, which means there are other places, right?" Raine asked.

"Captain, the tournament location is not set randomly. It is based on the changes in the underwater currents and the path of the previous year's cucumber fish population, so they can deduce the starting point of their migration this year. This means that they rise out of the shallow waters from the Sicilian side this year. After this area, the fish will sink, and it's impossible to catch." Terry explained.

"So... " Raine said thoughtfully, "There's no loophole we can take advantage of."

"We definitely attend this money-picking game. I'm not the same little rickety boat I used to be." Raine said firmly, "Avril, go and sign up! This time, we must make a fortune!"

"Yes, Captain."

In the first half of December, the Morgan trading market was depressed, and many onboard ships had gone straight to the Mississippi trading market.

By mid-December, Shobe had sent 18 15-meter warships to depart to the Sicily trading market.

Seeing the navy depart, the surrounding merchant ships immediately stirred up.

"The fishing tournament is less than half a month away, so it's almost time to depart. The navy is leaving, so let's go too! It's safer to follow them."

"This year's fishing tournament is said to be particularly lively, almost all the boats in the market taking part."

"It's not just the market boats. Look at the navy; they have 18 ships this time; there would never have been so many before."

"I heard that several bounty fleets are coming too! It's outrageous. I think They are here to rob us! Cut the crap, untie all the ropes and let's go. Whether we get rich or not depends on this!"

And so, a few dozen merchant ships followed the navy behind.

Raine and the others were among the group.

This time Raine was not left far behind! Although he was still following at the end, at least he was barely keeping up.

"Hey, I've installed sails, 10 knots speed is fine." Raine was very pleased.

"Captain, are you all set up? Do you want to recheck it?" Avril asked.

"Don't worry. You don't trust your captain?" Raine said with confidence.

The cucumber fish must be caught alive to be worth the money. The organizers wouldn't accept the dead. Because the dead fish would probably be rancid by the time they reached the human-class waters.

Five days later, the fleet of ships from Morgan's Trading Market arrived at the Sicily Trading Market.

Raine had been here quite often and found a corner to stop.

After settling, Avril, Terry, Armin, and Arsan stood on the deck and looked out at sea.

"My god, so many boats! It's the first time I've ever seen it!" Terry exclaimed and shook his head.

Avril also marveled, "It's like a harbor in human-class waters."

"Are all these boats here for the fishing tournament? They at least have four or five hundred!"

Raine was shocked too!

On the sea, the wooden corridors originally built for the trading market were no longer distinguishable. There were boats everywhere of all shapes and sizes.

Plank boats, oar boats, sand carriers, rowing sailing boats, small dhows, two-masted sailing boats, three-masted sailing boats, Hufflepuffs, and raiding sailing boats.

In addition to these small and medium-sized boats, there were many big guys - G-class boats!

Viking battleships, Venetian heavy gunboats, British battleships, Spanish battleships, Turtle gunboats ... in all shapes and sizes, the flags flying from the ship are a sight for sore eyes.

"WTF! Are you guys fucking here to fish? Not battle?" Even in the former Earth, Raine had never seen such a spectacular row.

Although his mouth was grumbling, Raine felt his blood boil!

Azure Era... Okay, I'm starting to like you a little bit!

76