Chapter 14
47 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 

.

.

By: Child of Fate 

.

.

*** 

.

Long Jin's POV

.

“So, are you ready?” I asked the boy in front of me.

After becoming the spirit soul of his Dragon God spirit, my soul became stable while an unknown and powerful energy swept through my whole soul and formed a contract with Huo Yuhao.

And if my guess is not wrong, then that unknown and powerful energy was from the Dragon God spirit which increased my potential to grow and also managed to evolve the skills which Huo Yuhao should have received.

I felt a little pride at contracting such a strong mortal with a calm mindset, even though his goals were not of a normal eight year old child, his soul contained deep secrets which even I, who was once a 4th dimensional being, could not see. 

For a split second, I felt annoyed at how recklessly he used my core to summon the dead spirit of Dragon Prince who gave Yuhao his second martial spirit. But I calmed down a little after he formed the spirit contract. 

The moment the contract was formed with me, I understood why he was greedy and ambitious to summon using his unknown bloodline and my core as a catalyst. He wanted to gain power quickly to achieve his goals in a short frame of time period as soon as possible, which confused me as I didn't know the reason for it.

After forming the contract, I felt how I could never betray him and will help in his future endeavors. I even felt his emotions and intentions sometimes when his calm like expression or thoughts are broken. 

I puffed my chest a little in pride as I noticed how he was more attracted to my beauty than that of Tian Ming's or Bing Di's. 

Even though we didn't call ourselves friends, we three never hated or disliked each other, so we managed to form an amiable relationship with the goal of Huo Yuhao reaching the God rank. 

Just thinking about how Huo Yuhao will sweep the Divine Realm with his Dragon God spirit, gave me excited shivers. I didn't even feel upset at Huo Yuhao declining in helping me to devour Silver Dragon King, after I noticed the increase in potential in my soul. Even though Silver Dragon King and I were from the same origin, I felt happy knowing that I now have more potential to grow than her after becoming Huo Yuhao's spirit soul.

Huo Yuhao also mentioned that he wanted Silver Dragon King to be alive as she was one of the spirit beasts from where he would start to bring peace between the battles of spirit beasts and humans. Even I agreed with his future plans of bringing peace between humans and spirit beasts after listening to his intrinsic and amazing schemes. I just wonder how these types of strategies form inside the head of an eight year old boy.

“Long Jin, I'm ready. You can start the process.” Huo Yuhao said as he sat down cross-legged. 

Looking at his cute face, I managed to stop my unbearable urge to pinch his cheeks and hug me. Even after closing his mysterious and calm blue eyes, his charms never fail to amaze me. After all he is the only alive human with powerful and unknown strength who managed to earn my respect, while his aura of Dragon God spirit never failed to attract my dragon instincts towards him. 

Keeping those indecent thoughts away for my future self after 8 years, I took out the inheritance of the powerful dead spirit of the human, who managed to calm down all my negative emotions and brought sanity in me. He even helped me to reach Huo Yuhao and healed my soul.

For the first time I had felt thankful to someone in my life, so I easily agreed to his last wish, which was that he wanted to pass down his inheritance to someone who won't misuse his powers. Knowing well Huo Yuhao was the most suitable candidate for it, as he had only used his powers against others only when he was provoked or attacked, I smiled a little at my right choice. And even if he started to misuse his powers or touched the last moral code of his life, there was me, Tian Ming and Bing Di to bring him back to the right track.

As I pushed the small grey ball in the middle of his eyebrows, my soul felt a little light as that inheritance had started to become unstable and leeched my spiritual power reserves little by little. 

I sensed the inheritance properly integrating with his soul. I calmly spread my spiritual sense outside in the real world as I sensed the same unknown power watching and guarding Huo Yuhao's physical body as he rested in one of the rooms of the inn in the nearest village to the Extreme North. 

Even though I was inwardly angry at someone else stalking Huo Yuhao, my rage managed to become an annoyance as Tian Ming mentioned that Huo Yuhao had already noticed it and the unknown presence always protected him for unknown reasons. 

I just hope that unknown presence doesn't have ulterior motives for Huo Yuhao, because if it has, then Huo Yuhao will be able to see the Golden Dragon King's wrath for the first time. Well actually the second time if he considers my rage at Tian Ming when she stepped on a small tea plant by mistake as the first time.

.

.

*** 

.

.

Huo Yuhao's POV

.

I…am speechless.

Looking at the blue illusionary screen in front of me, I felt all my instincts telling me to destroy this thing or not to get in contact with this blue screen floating in front of me.

And if my guess is not wrong, this blue like screen might be related to certain trauma in my past lives which activated my instincts. So I just ignored my instinct and first carefully looked at the screen with my skill Eyes of Fate.

I found golden and grey lines connecting the screen and my soul. At the same time my instinct also calmed down which surprised me. Does that mean I can't solely rely on my instincts at certain things?

But at least it confirmed that this blue screen in front of me is related to inheritance of the Calamity Necromancer Electrolux, which Huo Yuhao had gained according to the information of Fateless skill given me. 

So I tried to touch the blue screen but the blue screen suddenly showed him 12 options with different titles just at the thought of touching the screen. Curiosity getting over me, I clicked the first option which had a title of ‘ Introduction ’. 

And soon the screen changed and showed an old withered man with white background behind me. He looked translucent while his attire was foreign to me, but it looked cool as the hood covered his head while he had a staff in his left hand.

But what surprised me the most was that the old man started to speak to me but soon enough I felt embarrassed as I realised the screen was showing me a recording created by the Necromancer himself. 

Greetings, my Inheritor. I'm sorry that I'm not present there to guide you about my powers, so I hope that these 12 recordings which I created before I vanished are enough to gain some understanding about my powers. I hope that you don't misuse my powers to harm innocents. This recording only contains my lessons which I learned in my life which I don't remember after I died in my world. 

Each recording contains information about one of my powers….

With a thought I paused the recording and sighed. 

This might take a lot of time, so it is better to do one shot and remember everything. I used one of Innate traits Calm Mind and active skill Concentration to listen and understand all the recordings. 

.

.

.

.

It was tiring.

Watching 12 hours recordings in ×2 speed, while also comprehending the new powers, my soul adjusted to itself my third quasi martial spirit in 6 hours.

With only one dark grey spirit ring which contained 10 overpowerd powers, I felt happy but not letting arrogance getting over me, I calmly went out of my room to get dinner.

After having a warm dinner containing the new recipes of the Extreme North, I came back in room after paying a cook a little money to get his recipes.

After taking a hot bath by warming the water with Purifying Flames, the flame of the necromancer which I learned to manipulate with its initial goal to purify any ghosts or wraith, I poured my spiritual power - which could be considered one of the purest spiritual power in this world - to use the one time skill which allows to form a contract with a random being from Netherworld or the Land of Death. The said contracted being or Familiar will be loyal to me and grow together with me in power. 

“Spectral Gate” I muttered the name of the one time skill. But at the same time I used my Spirit Summoning Bloodline on the skill.

When I found that the summoned being will be based on my luck, I thought of using my bloodline to power up, while praying in my heart that the title as Champion of Luck will help me summon a powerful contract for me.

A magical formation of two circles formed. One moved up while another down, forming a dark door which radiated darkness, death and evil elements. I was amazed and awed when I saw the rarest elements radiated strongly from this gate or door. 

But this time the door felt like it was crying when it sensed my soul. Even I was surprised when I felt sudden happiness looking at the door and the world behind it. I felt like I was meeting a long lost friend. Even tears started to run down my face.

I wiped my happy tears which formed in my eyes for unknown reason while I saw a small silhouette stepping out of the door. The same silhouette who will walk past the death world to living world as my contracted being or my familiar. 

.

.

*** 

.

.

2