Chapter 15
64 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 15 

.

.

By: Child of Fate 

.

.

*** 

.

Huo Yuhao's POV 

.

It was fast.

My first Familiar was so fast that even my Spirit Eyes didn't catch the silhouette. Looking down, I found a foot long cute skeleton hugging one of my legs, while its eye sockets were filled with red burning flames looking at me in a cute way. 

I was shocked at seeing a moving skeleton for the first time. Then I noticed a few formations..no they were runes which carried divinity, marked on all the bones of this little skeleton. I took it in my arms while watching all its bones in a curious way to study the runes. 

But I sighed in defeat, as I lacked the knowledge about runes and divinity. I only managed to notice that the invisible runes on this little skeleton's body was made of a powerful dragon with the death element, soaked in blood of a creature who carried the darkest element and the small red flames which worked as his eyes were capable of looking into souls.

“So little skeleton do you want to become my Familiar?” I asked the thing while making direct contact with his eyes.

Just like how I observed its whole body, it also observed my body or soul at the same time. But when it heard the word ‘ Familiar ’, it showed a reaction by nodding its skull up and down.

Finding his reaction a little cute, a bond was formed between us with the help of the dark grey spirit ring of my third quasi martial spirit. I looked back at the door which was connected to the netherworld according to the information of Calamity Necromancer, I found it closing which made me feel sad for no reason.

I shook my head at the random change in my emotions using this particular skill and looked at the little skeleton who was dancing while circling around my body. Laughing at his funny and happy moment, I manifested a grey and golden key in my hand.

I grinned as I remembered the skill related to this key. Also known as the Demiplane key. This was a key which would lead me to the demiplane situated in a different dimension which I could carry with the help of my key which is bound to me by soul. Demiplane was a plane found by Electrolux in his previous life. But unlike the normal world, it didn't contain a stable source of life. It was a large space area with its own law to a normal world. 

I poured a little spiritual power in the key, while pointing it in the air while imagining a door enough to pass through in my mind, thin lines started to appear while the key vanished, materialising a door leading to a different plane. 

Passing through it while the little skeleton followed my shadow, I looked at the gloomy environment in this plane which didn't contain life. Even though the land was barren, it was never flat. Looking around I found a few hills in my sight while a few mountains in far away places. I slightly touched the soil which surprisingly was fertile after I checked it with spiritual power. 

[ Yuhao!! We got more place to plant new herbs and vegetation. ]

Hearing the absurd shout from Long Jin from the spiritual sea, I frowned. I mean sunlight is needed for most of the plants in the spiritual sea, while a few rare herbs need moonlight for their growth. And currently these two things were not available in this plane. I actually came here because this plane was the perfect place for the little skeleton to live and explore when I don't need him or to hide him from the real world.

I also felt happy when the small thing was looking in all directions while rolling only his skull in all directions to look. 

I also spiritually talked to Long Jin about all the things not available to plant on this plane. As I could manipulate anything in my spiritual sea, I managed to form sunlight and moonlight and other requirements for the vegetation in my spiritual sea using my spiritual power. Even though it consumed a little of my spiritual power, I noticed the continuous use of spiritual power while also the same rate of recovery sometimes led to pure and refined spiritual power which means converting my spiritual power into divine qi in future will be more easy for me.

“ Hey, little skeleton, are you -”

I stopped myself, when I felt the connection between the Familiar and Master act up. My mind was suddenly filled with unknown skills and powers of my Familiar. I also noticed that the little skeleton was male. I chuckled inwardly when I was going to ask about that to the little skeleton.

Noticing him looking at me, I made a grin and said, “ How about I call you Yama from now?”

The skeleton excitedly nodded his skull as his eyes glowed in bright red colour for a moment. And soon enough a screen showed up in front of me indicating the status of Yama.

Name: Yama (Familiar)

Master: Noah (or Huo Yuhao)

Race: Dragon Skeleton (Created)

Title: God of War, Little Immortal, Son of ‘Former’ Death and Destruction

Rank: F (Grows according to the rank of Master)

Element affinity: Death, Destruction, Space, Darkness

Innate Trait: Death Gaze (A), Master's Shadow (B)

Active skills: Scythe of Death (D), Destruction slash (B), Sword Mastery (S), Shadow Travel (A), Dimensional Travel (C+), Death's Messenger (D), Death Immunity (SS), Space Break (D), Darkness Domain (A), Malice Intent (C-), Stealth (Ex), Knife Mastery (S)

Passive skills: Immortal {Cursed} (??), Fate Break (B), @#$, ???...

>

What the Fuck? Son of former Death and Destruction? What does the 'former' mean? And God of War? Did he get this title due to all the fighting he did in the Netherworld?

This cute and little skeleton is even more powerful than Heroes and Champions of Void. But my chest filled with pride when I realised that both of us have an almost equal potential. 

But what frustrated me the most was that there was no explanation for these skills. And if Yama has learned these many skills with high mastery then he must have high intelligence. Looking down at my Familiar, I saw him playing with a bone knife - which was according to his body size - innocently, I highly doubted he has intelligence more than a baby. 

So the only conclusion was the cursed skill Immortal. I sighed and closed the status and thought of asking Talya after I meet her again. 

Well, I can't keep him alone here. Hmm Bing Di doesn't like to work that much and could only help in planting Ice related vegetation in their special places in my spiritual sea. So it might be a nice idea to take care of him while I'm busy. Better ask her before I decide…

.

.

.

“ He will play with me.”

No. Little Yama will be with me.”

Ugh. These two never stop to trouble me. Even Yama's red eyes looked at me pleadingly as he was played like a doll between two girls who were fighting for that doll.

“ Tian Ming and Bing Di, how about this let Yama decide whom he will play with? ” I said. 

And sure enough both stopped bickering while releasing Yama. The poor child just ran in my direction, while hiding behind my legs.

“ Hey, Yama, I can't always be with you. So why don't you try to make new friends?” I said while also trying to relay my intention through our connection.

Oh God. I think I was wrong about him having low intelligence. Yama, after noticing that I won't help him to choose between these two rivals, he ran away on his small bones to the sofa of the living room where Long Jin was eating popcorn while watching everything intently. 

“ You want me to be your first friend?” Long Jin said in disbelief.

But it was expected as both of them were in many ways. Destruction elements, Dragon Bones, Battle oriented…

And in the next minute, I saw both of them going outside the house to tour the farms and to play outside if I heard correctly. 

“So… how about I make you a new sweet for both of you?” I said to the deflated spirit souls behind me who were sulked when the little skeleton didn't choose them to play with. 

But after I said those words, I was crushed between two girls with a large bump from the right side and a small bump from the left side. Enjoying the hug from both sides I felt embarrassed and happy at helping their ruined mood. After all it was my duty as their Master.

“My Partner is the best!!”

“ Yuhao is the best!!”

Both said at the same time. Sure enough at the mention of my food they never show their rivalry which I found cute.

.

.

*** 

.

.

A boy was walking through a path of a forest which connected two villages. Looking at the trees covered in snow, he sighed and felt a little nervous in this cold environment. The cold of this level didn't much affect him but he still wore a coat to avoid suspicion. After all, no 8 year old boy is capable of keeping himself warm in these cold and harsh conditions. And even though the said boy is spirit master, no one would believe that he would walk kilometers while protecting himself from cold with spirit power, until and unless he has fire element related martial spirit. 

The boy even though looked calm and indifferent to others was talking spiritually to his spirit souls. 

[ Is it really necessary to meet and talk to them?] Bing Di, the boy named Huo Yuhao's third spirit soul asked with concern.

[ It is always better to be straightforward. And the other party might already know a lot of things about you. But we can still rest assured that they didn't mean harm to my partner. ] Tian Ming chirped. As she had the strongest spiritual sense among the four and had already noticed that the stalkers protected Huo Yuhao secretly, but at an extreme level which scared her a little. 

[ Still it is better to be ready for a fight. And if the other party is too powerful, remember to use that Demiplane key. ] The Golden Dragon King said. As she had a rough estimate that the stalking party had at least the power of a Titled Douluo or even higher.

Huo Yuhao nodded his head while listening to them but inwardly he was a little nervous. When he felt the presence of someone watching his every movement, he felt a familiar presence from the other party. But his mind always tries to deny that the familiar presence he felt might be an illusion, and his heart is saying that there might be a possibility that what he felt is correct and…

Before his thought could continue, he saw a beautiful and large bird sitting on a branch of a tree near the bird.

While Huo Yuhao was shocked due to recognising the presence of the bird through his spiritual power, the three spirit souls were shocked because a fucking Phoenix was guarding and stalking Huo Yuhao. But their shock turned into confusion when they realised the Phoenix was in spiritual form instead of physical. But how?

“...you never died right, mom?” Huo Yuhao said in a quiet voice.

When he felt his mother's presence from the Phoenix, he felt it was an illusion from someone stronger than him. But after he used Eyes of Fate and saw the thick golden and red bond between them he realised that his mom never died and is now turned into a spiritually formed Phoenix from the spiritual source of a limit douluo, if what he sensed is correct.

But what scared him the most was if her soul is being controlled or is she forced? The scariest thought is that - some unknown powerhouse knows almost all his secrets which he obtained in this world. 

Even though these scary thoughts were running through his mind, his calmness never broke. Not even when the Phoenix turned into his mom who stepped in his direction. But she kept a distance from him while looking at him in a little uncertainty. 

Huo Yun'er. 

For a moment a killing intent filled in his spiritual sea which scared the three spirit souls. Huo Yuhao never felt this much immense hate in his life. With his Eyes of Fate, he could easily recognise if a person's fate is being controlled or not. So he felt happy to know that he didn't have any weakness in this life where anyone could black mail or threaten him. But here in front of him, somebody tried to change the direction of the fate and used it against him. In that process, Huo Yun'er never died because that divine interference managed to change the fate of her life.

Taking a deep breath, his eyes softened when he got to see his mother again. Long black hair reaching her thin waist, while her body looked more younger than he remembered by his memories. The only change was her eyes which once represented her martial spirit were now turned into red colour which were gentle and calm but had dangerous glint, which if provoked will lead to destruction in every direction.

He smiled wryly when he saw the snapping of the threads which controlled his mother's fate from an unknown place while only the strong and thick golden and red bond of threads remained between them. 

‘She and her fate suffered due to me…’ He thought. 

“ Was that Bright Phoenix, mom?” He asked with a little curiosity while masking all his other emotions. 

Opening and closing her mouth in surprise, Huo Yun'er didn't know what to reply to her son. Should she reveal her secret? But is he the same Huo Yuhao she knows? How should I accept this new him? But will he accept the new me? 

Keeping those thoughts aside for a moment, she nodded her head.

“Yes. It was. I -” 

“ Don't. Not now mom. You are unstable.”

Huo Yuhao was right. Just by his single question, her emotions went haywire which made her spiritual form fade and reappear multiple times. 

Knowing well it was better to have face-to-face with his mother, he spoke gently, “ Mom, wait for me. We will share each other's secrets if possible, when we meet next time.”

Without stopping he changed his demeanor while revealing a 1 % of the killing intent - which he had spread in his spiritual sea previously - he said,“ And you. Don't you dare harm my mother. I will come there to discuss some things with you. ”

Shocked by the killing intent released by her son, Huo Yun'er was rooted in her place. She only moved when she saw his body disappearing behind an unknown door. The same door he had once vanished into - when he was in the inn - from all of her senses when she was watching him secretly. 

‘Damn it! He left this plane with those powers!’ A voice cursed through her spiritual link.

‘Isn't it your fault? His last sentence was pointed at you wasn't it?’ Huo Yun'er said while sadness seeped into her soul for losing her son.

‘ And whose idea was to stalk him, while not revealing from the start? Humph. And you can't blame him also, after all from his perspective it looked like I was the villain who was controlling you. Just great, now I have made a new enemy unnecessarily.’ 

Snorting at that response, Huo Yun'er noticed how the person from the other side of the spiritual link acknowledged Huo Yuhao as an enemy even though the other person is a Limit Douluo while her child is just a Spirit Elder.

‘Fufufu. In the end even the Lord Death God considers my son worthy of an enemy.’ Huo Yun'er thought while pride swelled in her soul as she remembered how strong her son had become.

.

.

*** 

.

.

A/N: Next chapter is the debut chapter of our MC in the world of spirit masters. After all, he can't remain low key forever. 

.

.

*** 

.

.

1