Chapter 1: When I woke up… (1)
238 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Your highness, please wake up. I'll be in deep trouble if you don't. I'm begging you, your highness. His majesty will behead me if you continue to lie down there… Ah, Damn it! This isn't working… How about I slap him awake?”

‘So loud… Who's talking?’

This was the first thought that came to his mind when he heard a deafening voice right beside his ears. His brows furrowed subconsciously while the voice kept incessantly whining like a little child.

“Your highness, are you still angry about the fact that I accidentally threw away your hidden stash? Are you taking revenge on me? Your highness, that was years ago!”

‘Someone, shut him up!’

“Ohhhhh~ your highness~! Please, please, wake up. This humble servant—”

This unfamiliar voice kept talking and talking until his patience reached its limit. Finally, he opened his eyes and was met with the sight of a pitiful teenager who was crouched down beside his bed with the look of a puppy who had been abandoned by his owner.

The teenager was a tanned boy wearing butler clothes. He had dark purple hair and green eyes. He had a slim body and flimsy arms, coupled with that naive and innocent look. One look and you could tell that he was a pushover.

The teenager widened his eyes in surprise, stuttering as he spoke. “P-P-Prince… Noah?”

Then, he flailed his arms in a panic and kneeled down in front of him, “Y-Your highness, I did not mean anything I said just now. In fact, your highness is the most benevolent person in the world.”

The young man on the bed blinked his eyes and sat up in a daze.

“Noah?” He muttered, seemingly in disbelief. He pointed to himself and asked, “I'm Noah?”

“?... Yes, you are Prince Noah.” The teenager said while confused.

“Roland?” He muttered another name. 

And the teenager answered with,“Yes? Is there anything you need?” 

“Mirror.”

“Excuse me?”

“Get me a mirror now.”

Although the teenager, Roland, was confused, he still got up and followed his orders. Furthermore, the prince might look calm but looking closer you will notice that his hands were trembling a little bit and his eyes were unfocused. He hurriedly took the tall mirror from the corner of the room and brought it in front of the prince.

Noah looked in front of the mirror and examined his face. His heart was beating fast as he looked at his own face.

He had expected that what he would see was a man with black hair and black eyes with a manly face, but reality is different from expectations. What he saw in the reflection was a young man with blonde hair and a pair of amethyst purple eyes, and fair skin. He looked at his hands. There was no single callus on it.

“Your highness? Are you alright? Did you have a nightmare? Do you need some rest?” Roland asked worriedly.

“No, can you please leave? I want to be alone.”

Roland thought for a moment before nodding his head and immediately left the room.

Noah buried his face in his hands and let out a deep sigh.

***

End was his name.

One day, he found a strange game. He had put off playing the game since he was swamped with work. Now, after finally escaping from that dreadful word called ‘work’, he finally remembered the game.

He booted up the game and easily cleared all the routes in the first game, then he proceeded to the sequel. Luckily, he found records from the previous players of the game, however, even with that he had difficulty clearing 50% of the sequel ‘DDLC+’. 

He was going to call it a night or was it a day? Since the sun was already rising when he took a break from playing the game. He decided that one more hour wouldn’t hurt.

And so, he finally unlocked the last character.

[Name: Noah Reagelia Wisteria]

 

[Description: 

-???? (Reach Lv. 10 Affection to unlock or Trigger a certain event.)

-??? (Reach Lv. 20 Affection to unlock or Trigger a certain event.)

-??? (Reach Lv. 30 Affection to unlock or Trigger a certain event.)

 

[Backstory:

-??? (Reach Lv. 50 Affection to unlock or Trigger a certain event.)

-??? (Reach Lv. 90 Affection to unlock or Trigger a certain event.)

 

[???:

-??? (Reach Lv. 99 Affection to unlock or Trigger a certain event.)

 

This was what would typically pop up if a player unlocked a hidden character. However, it would only need a Lv. 1 Affection to unlock the first description, LV. 2 for the second description and so on and so forth. On the other hand for characters that are difficult, of course they would need a high affection level but the max Affection Lv. was at most 25. 

Usually, everyone’s first description would be unlocked. However, this character is special, aside from the fact that he is the last one to be unlocked, a player needs to trigger lots of events in order to meet him. Furthermore, there were lots of requirements just to raise his affection points just by one. A truly difficult and mysterious character.


After trying a few interactions with the character, End got tired doing fruitless work. So, this time, truly, he decided to call it a day. 

The memory after that was blank.

He didn’t remember if he successfully turned off the game console as it was hazy, followed by a large blank.

Something must have happened after that. It was possible that he died and he lost memories of that moment. Or there was something else.

End, no, Noah touched his reflection. The pair of amethyst eyes stared right back at him. His expression was calm like a tranquil lake as if he wasn’t affected by this situation at all.

This face… there was no doubt. It was the exact face that he saw in the game. 

The last hidden character, [Noah Reagelia Wisteria]

If it’s true that he really died, then from now on, he would have to live as Noah.

 

Heya! Author here. So, what do you think of this chapter? Feel free to comment. I'm a newbie in writing so I might not be able to write a great story. There may be plot holes in this novel, so, sorry in advance. Your criticism is definitely valuable as it could help me grow, thank you. Update is sporadic.

3