Chapter 5 “Cleaning up The Room”
2.5k 4 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Always remember. Don't blink." said Dr. Wells at them as he stood at the door's exit.

All of them knew that they had to keep an eye out for SCP-173, so it doesn't go anywhere near them or become hostile and kill all of them. With what had just been said by Dr. Wells, William and his other mates became alert to the situation that they were about to face later.

They stared at each other, hinting at who should be the one that would be cleaning up the room later and who should be keeping their eyes out for SCP-173.

D-1140 makes the first move with a nervous tone, "Uhh… so who's going to do the mopping later?"

William and D-1140 looked at each other and then turned their eyes exactly toward D-1020.

D-1020 realized how the situation had come and said, "Are you guys for real? There's no way in hell I'll be the one that mops the weird creature's shit. I'm not even good at mopping."

"It's about whether you're good at mopping or not. I mean, let's be real. You looked like you could do the heavy work within the room. With your power or energy, in this case, it'll be faster for us to finish the job quickly rather than leaving it to one of us. It doesn't have to be 100% spotless clean. You can just clean right at it while we focus our eyes on that creature. Isn't that right, D-1140?"

Without having to think about it, D-1140 said in agreement, "Y-yeah… I can only help by watching it because I don't know if I'm capable enough to do the work…."

There was a slight feeling of uneasiness between the three of them. Because if anything goes wrong, even at the slightest mistake made by one of them, things could escalate to an awful situation for all of them. With a heavy heart, D-1020 nodded in agreement as if there was no other choice.

"Alright then, I'll be the one who's doing the cleaning. Both of you better be watching that creature or else." Said D-1020 with a slight mad voice.

William put one of his hands on D-1020's shoulder, "Don't worry. You can count on us. We wanted to get the hell out of here instantly, don't we?"

The three of them looked at each other, seemingly that they had made a teamwork between them. D-1020 started to grab the cleaning trolley to get into his position. William and D-1140 followed him from the back, ready to protect him.

William then waved his hand to the guard's outpost on the top corner of the big room monitoring the outside part of the room, giving them a signal that they were ready to do the job and open the gate immediately.

The siren lamps that were on the gate were flashing bright red, and an interlocking sound could be heard, suggesting that some kind of mechanism of the gate was starting to open. The gate slides slowly, the lights within the room bursting out bit by bit. William and his mates could even smell the scent of SCP-173's excrement within the room from a distance. It really did make a whole mess in its own containment room.

The gate is now fully opened. William, D-1140, and D-1020 tightened their first as they saw SCP-173 standing in the corner of the room. They must focus their attention on it now, and this is the moment where they have to put their lives just to clean a room.

D-1140 was shaking on his knees. He was nervous, but seeing SCP-173 made him tremble and sweats profusely.

"Calm down, D-1140. Keep your head right at it. We only need to look at it from a distance. We'll watch D-1020 from far to make sure we keep a safe distance from that statue. Are we clear?" William reassures D-1140 without breaking his contact with SCP-173.

D-1140 gulped and replied, "O...okay… I'll.. keep my eyes on it…."

"Alright. If you were about to blink, make sure to tell us about it before you do it. D-1020, are you ready?"

D-1020 then clenched his fist while holding the cleaning trolley. "Yeah, I'm ready."

The three of them walked inside the room together slowly. William and D-1140 spread out to the right and left-wing of D-1020, ensuring that their field of view wasn't blocked by anything, and surrounded SCP-173 with their eyes.

The gates started to close behind them and then locked all of them inside the room. This was done to make sure if something goes wrong, it will still be contained within the room rather than having it running around outside its containment room. The three of them were locked inside SCP-173's containment room, and they couldn't just get out from it before the job was done.

D-1020 started to pick up the squeegee to scrape all the excrement that was lying on the floor and then put it in the trash bag. Continued by mopping the floor with a mop and detergent to clean that were still sticking on the floor. It was quite a work due to how many of them were lying around inside the containment room.

As for William and D-1140, they were keeping their eyes on SCP-173 at all times. They even shout at each other whenever one of them is about to blink because at least there should be one person keeping an eye on SCP-173. With both of their synchronized communication and teamwork, they didn't seem to have a problem doing it. It's going pretty well as they cleaned SCP-173's room.

"So, what are you in for?" asked D-1020 as he was mopping the floor, trying to break up the silence within the containment room.

The atmosphere within the room was tense most of the time, but this question breaks that feeling around them.

"Uhh… first-degree murder…" said D-1140 with a timid tone.

"Really, huh? It doesn't seem you looked like one who would do that kind of stuff." D-1020 chuckled as he swept down the floor, "What about you?" D-1020 looked at William this time.

"I can't explain it myself, but what I can tell you is that it's all just a misunderstanding." Said William.

D-1020 then laughed at his answer before continuing, "Don't even get me started with that kind of response. It shows that you're very amateur when it comes to that question because everyone that had committed their first crime would answer it like that. I know you're better than that."

"No, really. It was all just a misunderstanding that the guys thought of me as someone else. I literally caught up on something that I have nothing to do with it."

"Yeah, yeah. I believe you." Said D-1020 in a mocking tone

He then walked up to the spot where SCP-173 had been stationary most of the time, where all of the excrement and other waste left remained in the room. D-1020 then looked at the towering SCP-173 at close.

"So this is what causing them a trouble, huh" D-1020 as he put his mop away, "It doesn't move as long we look at it, right?"

William sensed that D-1020 was about to do something to SCP-173 from far away. He's making a suggestion that he was about to touch SCP-173 with his hand.

"Just, curious."

==================

Don't forget to leave a like and you can read up to 18 Chapters ahead before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

72