Chapter 8 “Voice from The Wall”
2.4k 2 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William stood up and asked the man that has just fallen from his knees. He asked, "Are you sure? You don't look like you're doing fine."

The man patted his shoulders and adjusted his clothes. Despite his bloody appearance, it doesn't seem like that man was bothered with it. As if the blood that was painted all over his clothes were normal. But there was something that caught William's attention while looking at his appearance. It seems that the man has a zipper on his chest.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just not careful enough with my steps and fell. I'm not really used to this place, so I need to adapt here. But thank you." The man said.

William doubted that this man was okay not only based on his appearance but also from what had just happened. He fell really hard, even banging his head on the wall and leaving some of his blood on it, which indicates that It was hard enough to injure him in the head.

"But your head…"

"It's fine. It'll recover itself in no time."

He was confused about the situation. But there was really not much he could do nor complain about it. That person was really fine about his condition.

"Keep on moving, D-1092. We don't have all day."

One of the guards instructed William to move on. After all, he was being escorted to his cell so that he'll take a rest and wait for another duty call to take care of another SCP. He will need as much rest before another tiring activity again.

"You should go. Thank you for being considerate about me" The man reached out his hand, hinting that he wanted to give William a handshake.

"Yeah, take care and be careful next time."

They both shook their hand and parted ways. William then followed one of the guards' lead again toward his cell. But there was one thing that really bugged him with the guards and what had just happened to that man. The guards didn't seem to be weirded out or care about that man, as if nothing significant had happened.

As he walked through the hallway, he pondered who that man was and why the guards or anyone around it didn't seem surprised enough that he had fallen from his step and got himself injured. William then asked one of the guards about it.

"What was the deal with that guy? I mean, he looked injured, and you guys act like it was something normal to see here."

The guards in front of him laughed for a bit and then answered his question, "Since you just arrived here, you probably never met him before. But that's SCP-415. He's allowed to wander around here, and he has a tendency to fall into an accident due to his characteristics. Don't worry about it. He can take care of himself most of the time."

-----

SCP-415 Classified as a Safe Class SCP, he is kept in a living quarter and allowed to wander around due to his cooperative behavior. SCP-415 is a 36 years old Caucasian male, has blue eyes and brown hair. He has an average IQ and a normal personality, but he is nervous around medical equipment and personnel.

SCP-415 possesses a regenerative healing anomaly that could regenerate skin tissues and body organs. Some of which were the stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, etc. He could also regenerate bones faster in his body but slower than his organ regeneration rate. He could also survive with organs that have been completely damaged or removed, and the organs that were missing or damaged will be regenerated in a period of time. SCP-415 could survive any physical injury that damaged his body, but not illnesses such as common cold and influenza that could still affect him like any normal human would do.

-----

Heard from the guard that the person before was actually SCP-415. William was a bit relieved knowing that he'll be alright later on and understood why the guards would act as if nothing happened because he can take care of himself and has regenerative abilities that are useful for his own.

William was really surprised by the fact that there are a lot of SCP in here, by the looks of it. He pondered which site this could be. There are many SCP Foundation sites, hundreds even. But he didn't have a clue where he was right now, nor knew what site currently he stayed in.

He then arrived at the dormitory once again. There was only silence, and it felt like a jail, everyone must have either resting or taking their time left before they got a call from the Foundation, and it'll be the last time for them to enjoy it.

He was once again placed in his cell, and his door was locked. It seems that they're relentlessly treating D-Class to only work on their behalf by interacting or taking care of the SCP most of the time. After all, D-Class personnel are destined to die. They were nothing but cannon fodder.

William sat on the bed. He was feeling really tired, both physically and mentally. Because he had just survived and escaped a death-defying experience on his first day in the SCP Foundation, and he was lucky enough to be able to get out from there. He might have used all of his luck for this month.

He wasn't sure how will he get out of this situation because he couldn't just live the rest of his life becoming D-Class personnel. He read about the rumors that Foundation likes to terminate a D-Class personnel once every month. He doesn't know for sure how D-Class is being managed in this world, but what's certain is that. No matter how it goes, it would end badly for him.

There was a knock on his door, and the chute on below was opened. There was a meal for him to consume that was given by the guards. As if he had a choice, he grabbed the meal to keep his stomach full because he was hungry and hadn't eaten any food since he came here.

He started eating the meal and choked because he was eating too fast. He then took a sip of water to clear his throat and waited for a moment before continuing. Just before he wanted to take another spoon of the meal, a voice from the walls could be heard.

"What a tough first day for you in here, ain't it, kiddo?"

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

66