Chapter 19 “All In a Day’s Work”
1.9k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the door kept banging and SCP-049 was right outside of the room, it really made William and the others feel cornered. Because they didn't have any weapons to fight against them and no room for them to escape, they could only hold on until the system had finished processing.

"You're sick, and I can help you with that. All you need is to open the door, and I'll make you good as new." said SCP-049 with a raspy voice from the other side.

William grunted, "Doesn't seem like you would do a great job by the looks of it."

"You are the cure. With your help, I can perfect the formula to help all the people that are sick with the pestilence." SCP-049 replied to what William was saying.

William didn't care what SCP-049 had to offer because it was not his main goal nor the interest for him to be working beside him. His main goal is to obtain his anomalous ability that could be useful for him, but the window for William to do it never appeared.

"I got it! It's starting now!" one of the guards shouted from the control panel.

Grace as she holds the door "Do it now!"

The machine started to engage and pump all the water that was infused with lavender solution throughout all of the sprinklers in the building. The water poured down on William and the others that were within the room first and then continued to spray throughout the whole pipes.

All of the zombies and SCP-049 were rained down with the sprinkler, with the water trickling down all over their bodies. They stopped their movements and became non-hostile just a minute after their bodies were covered with a lavender smell. Especially SCP-049.

The banging on the door started to stop, indicating that the zombies and SCP-049 stopped the desire to bash down the door. William and Grace were finally relieved that it was over because they were nearly reaching their limit holding them off.

The other guards also sighed, relieved that the plan actually worked, the lavender works against not only SCP-049 but the zombies too. Some of the personnel that was fighting the zombies were a bit confused that the sprinkler system had activated, and the zombies just stopped what they were doing. Seemingly this was the case. They didn't waste the chance to take them out one by one without any problem.

All of the zombies that were present were being killed by the other guards throughout the building—eliminating any potential trouble that they might become aggressive again when the effects of the lavender are gone.

The guard on the control panel started to meddle with the computer in the maintenance room, seemingly doing something to it.

"I'll try to connect to the main control room to explain the situation and ask them to send someone here to contain SCP-049."

William gave him the thumbs up because he was tired, agreeing to what the guard was doing that could help them get out of the maintenance room with no problem after someone from the outside took care of SCP-049.

They were sitting on the floor, with their backs against the barricade that was blocking the door. Grace could relax for a bit that everything had worked according to the plan, and she made the right move since she could only bet on it.

Grace then looked at him from the side, "How did you know that it would work against SCP-049?"

William huffed for a moment and replied, "Because I know one or two things regarding an SCP object. It may not be everything, but I knew some of them and what to do when I encountered them."

She then gazes at the sprinkler above her, "Good thing that it worked for us. Things could've gone really bad if it didn't work, you know?"

"At least it's over now. Of course, I couldn't do it without you guys and Dr. Erik." William reached his hand as he tried to shake Grace's hand.

She then firmly grabs and shakes his hand. It was pretty weird for both of them since they met in a particularly weird place and thought he was just another Chaos Insurgency member. But now he's here helping the Foundation with the knowledge he had. Who would've thought that she would work together alongside an SCP to contain another SCP.

"Command room? We're in the maintenance room, and we need a backup. SCP-049 is right outside our door and is currently in a non-hostile state for the other team to handle him easily. Yes, we're the ones who turned on the sprinkler system in the building, and Captain Grace is here. Alright, thank you, and we'll be waiting for the other squad." He then turned off the communication prompt on the control panel and sat on the chair.

Everyone could finally rest for a while since the problem was already over. Not only that, they now know how to handle SCP-049 without the use of force in the future with the help of William's help creating the lavender solution.

Some of the guards were cleaning up the remaining zombies in the building and making their way out to the maintenance room to apprehend SCP-049. Dr. Erik realized that it was over. He could tell there was no more chaos happening outside of his room. It seems that he made the right choice to believe in William, and he was happy to know that he finally did to handle the situation.

It took a few minutes for the backup to arrive. They were clearing out the zombies that were just standing dormant on the stairs leading towards the maintenance room while carefully approaching SCP-049, which was just sitting on the floor near the door.

SCP-049 had finally been escorted by the guards, with his hands and legs were cuffed so that he wouldn't do any of the bad things once he started to go hostile again. Two guards knocked on the maintenance room door, signaling William and the others that the coast was clear.

"Captain Grace? You can come out now. We've taken over the situation." said the guards as he knocked on the door.

William, Grace, and the other two guards started to move the barricade that was against the door, knowing that it was safe right now and there was no need for them to hide anymore. Grace then opened the door to greet the guards that were on the other side.

"Has the Foundation taken out every SCP-049-2 on the premises?" Grace asked.

"Yes, since they had become dormant when the whole building was rained down with water that has a lavender scent. The Command Control ordered us to eliminate them while they were in that state. I assume that this was the work of your whole team since you. Captain Grace, since you are in the maintenance room?"

But Grace shrugged her hands. She pointed at William that was just coming out of the room, "It was all because of his work and idea, that my team and I were able to come here and help us to seize SCP-049's hostile behavior."

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

51