Chapter 25 “Injured”
1.6k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William woke up feeling dazed and saw that he had fallen a few floors down where he was before. He landed on debris that was made out of broken concrete and tried to get up, but he felt a stinging pain in his thigh, making him difficult to stand up.

He tried to look at his thigh to see what it could be, only to find out that a broken piece of floor tiling pierced his thigh. It went through his thigh deep, and moving his body would only deepen the wound.

There was no choice but to pull it out, or he’ll be in pain most of the time. He took a deep breath, grabbed the shard, and pulled it out as hard as he could. He groaned in pain, but he needed to keep on going until the shard was entirely out of his flesh.

“Fucking Hell!” shouted William

He got it out and threw that shard away from him. Blood was gushing through from his thigh as he pulled out the shard. It may not be the best idea because he will suffer from blood loss. But he had a regenerative ability that could heal him if he was hurt.

Knowing that there are no other shards on his body, he takes a rest for a moment for his wound to heal. The blood started to stop, and the skin cell on his thigh began to regenerate bit by bit. Since it was a deep wound, it would take a while for him to recover.

But he needed to move and get out from this floor immediately to inform Dr. Erik or anyone available that the site had been breached. It was obvious whoever that person was not from the Foundation because he had seen that uniform before.

The same green camo uniform that he had seen from the warehouse where he first arrived in this world.

As for their purpose here, it is still unknown. But one thing for sure is that they’re here for something. The Insurgency wouldn’t risk their own life doing this kind of big operation if their purpose was just to destroy Foundation’s site.

On top of that, it doesn’t look like the work for a single member. He felt like it was a planned attack made by the Chaos Insurgency based on their actions. Cutting off the power, blocking some of the areas from being accessible, and destroying some parts of the structure. It could be the work of an inside job, but there are too many things to think about for now.

William didn’t know what area he was in right now, and he had never seen this hallway before, mainly because his limited clearance prevented him from going to some parts of the site. There was only a red strip line that was stretching out from the walls of that hallway, and he followed it.

He had seen this kind of strip line before in some parts of the site. The main floor of Site-199 used a black strip line to label the area, the storage area used a brown strip line, and the containment area used a yellow strip line. By following where the line would end could tell which floor or area is currently William at.

There was a lot of explosion debris along the way, and it seems that the Chaos Insurgency had planned on destroying some parts of the Foundation to immobilize their movements. As for how they managed to pull it off, it was unknown.

William could see the end of the hallway where there was a door that was half opened due to an explosion. He was limping since the wound on his thigh hadn’t fully recovered yet. He glanced at the end of the red strip line on top of the door.

B-Wing Keter Containment Area.

“Ah, fuck.” said William in a small voice.

He had fallen from the main area to the Keter Containment Area, a place that no one would ever go because no one knows for sure what lurks within those cells.

One thing for sure is that he should get out of this area as quickly as possible. If he encountered one in this state, he wouldn’t have the chance to fight against a Keter Class SCP.

William didn’t think anything and then just forced himself to start walking. He needs to find someone that could help him get out of the area since he doesn’t know where to go.

But then he saw someone lying on the ground in the middle of a hallway, and he quickened his pace to check out that person to see if that person was still alive or not. He kneeled down and turned over that person’s body, but he was shocked by it.

Grace was lying unconscious on the floor. While no fatal wound was found all over her body, there was blood on her head, which seemed to be where she knocked her head to the ground until she completely collapsed. William didn’t know how she got here, but it seems that there were no holes that indicate she fell from the upper floor.

He set Grace aside to the walls and tried to wake her up, “Wake up, Captain Grace, we’re in an emergency right now.” said William as he slapped her face lightly.

Grace slowly opened her eyes, and she was still dazed by the damage that was caused to her head. Her vision was still blurry. She could even barely see anything in front of her other than a figure that was talking to her.

William tried to talk to her and get her senses back. He waved his hand in front of her eyes, “Captain Grace? Are you okay?”

She finally saw William’s face while still completely confused with her surroundings and asked, “Alpha One? What are you doing here? and where are we right now?”

He sighed, “I just got here by accident, and both of us are currently in the Keter Containment Area. We should get out of here while we still can.”

“Keter Containment… Area?” said Grace in a small tone, but a moment later, her face changed as she just remembered something important.

She stood up and started to walk toward the way where William was coming before, “I have to go right now. They are trying to get into the Keter Containment Room. I have to stop them.”

But a moment later, she fell off her foot again because her head wasn’t completely healed yet. She touched her head and felt her ears were ringing, making it hard for her to focus.

“Captain Grace, you should take a rest for a moment. Your head seems to have suffered from a severe blunt trauma over something. What happened to you exactly? Like, how could you end up here?”

Grace thought about it for a moment. She touched her forehead and said, “I don’t know. One thing that I do know is that, I saw one of the Chaos Insurgency members going down through the hallway. My instinct was to go after him since unauthorized personnel shouldn’t be here at all.”

William listened to her story and asked, “What happened after that?”

“I managed to catch up with him in the Keter Containment Area, and I heard an explosion. After that, I don’t know. It seems I forgot what had happened to me right after that moment.”

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

44