Chapter 27 “The Monster Pot”
1.6k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SCP-019, The Monster Pot, is classified as a Keter class object.

It should be contained within a concrete room with an incinerator. The room should always be kept at a temperature of 0 degrees celsius when the incinerator is not activated, and an observation chamber next to it with a glass pane to keep an eye for SCP-019-2 appearance.

In the event of a containment breach caused by SCP-019-2 specimens, firearms are to be used to eradicate the specimen as it seems to be effective against it. In case of a swarm-level outbreak, a flamethrower may be used for such a situation.

SCP-019 is a large ceramic vase with a width of 1.8 m and 2.4 m in height. It has an image that is in a style of Classical Greece type of art, with no indication of origin and proven to be unbreakable.

Sometimes, SCP-019-2 will periodically emerge from SCP-019 one specimen per hour at a temperature of 0 degrees. The specimen will come in many aspects, tend to be small in size, has humanoid features despite being a mammal, and is extremely hostile.

Factors that determine the rate of emergence, size, and its other characteristics depend on the situation. This includes:

Movement to SCP-019
Threat to SCP-019
Extreme temperature changes
Sudden shift of environmental changes
Filling SCP-019 with something.
—--

They were coming in many directions. William didn't have anything to use to self-defend himself and could only rely on Grace. He wasn't really worried enough since he has a regenerative ability, but this doesn't apply to Grace.

William threw the small dog away in one of the hallways, and the dog even ran away from them. They had to start running so the incoming SCP-019-2 horde wouldn't sandwich them.

He looked at Grace, "Captain, lead on the way toward that hallway! I don't have any weapons on me, and I need you to make way by shooting them as we saw it!"

Grace then nodded, "Understood."

Both of them started running away toward the hallway that led to the Keter containment control room. They could hear something was coming on their way, but Grace was ready to shoot on sight.

A few seconds later, they saw the same creature that they had seen before, but bigger. It was the size of a golden retriever dog, and there were four of them coming in their way.

Seeing that those SCP-019-2 were coming toward their path, Grace aimed her gun and shot at them while running down the hallway multiple times, cleaning her mag.

Her shot wasn't really accurate due to the fact that she was running, and her vision wasn't as good as she was in her prime condition, but it hit all of SCP-019-2 on their bodies until they were immobilized.

"What the hell are those things?!" William shouted as he passed the dead bodies of several SCP-019-2.

While running, Grace tried to reload her Glock, "I don't know! It should be one of the SCP contained here, but I've never seen anything like that in this facility!"

"I guess we're going to find out later since they were out of their cages!"

They kept running through the hallway, but the chase didn't stop there. They could hear barks and growls from a distance behind their backs, and more SCP-019-2 were coming to catch them.

Grace pointed her gun towards her back and only aimed it with one of her hands, and she shot blindly at the SCP-019-2 behind them, knowing they couldn't stop running or they'll be dead.

"How long is this Keter containment area?! We aren't even close to the control room!"

"We should be there in a few minutes if we keep running at this rate! Just hold on for a minute!"

William was already tired from all the running around the area for more than 10 minutes, and he didn't know how long he could last anymore from this chase.

Grace looked at something that was in front of them a few meters away and shouted, "Look!"

Looking at what she meant, William focused his eyes and finally saw what she meant. He quickened his pace, giving all of his energies left within him to go to a dead body that was lying in the hallway.

It was just an average dead body of an SCP Foundation guard that was killed, but there was a gun on the floor, seemingly untouched.

He slid down on the floor as he tried to stop his movement, grabbed the sub-machine gun that was on that guard's neck, removed the safety pin on the gun and started aiming toward the SCP-019-2 pack.

"Captain, get down!" shouted William as he tried to aim with the sight.

Grace then dived down through the floor. William started to pull the trigger and just barrage them with bullets to stop the SCP-019-2 pack from coming at them. She also aimed her Glock and started to finish them off one by one.

All of the remaining SCP-019-2 that were coming at them had been neutralized; there were more than a dozen of them, with each varying in size. They won't even have a chance against them in close-quarter combat.

William and Grace breathed a sigh of relief, and they could rest for a moment, knowing that those creatures had been killed, and take a breather after all of those running.

"That was a close call." Grace said as she tried to reload her Glock once more.

He then looked at the guard that was lying on the floor, "Yeah, thanks to this guy here."

William started to search through his body for a magazine that could be useful for him in case they reencountered another hostile creature or an enemy.

"We should continue, but we need to be careful for now. We don't know any other things that were roaming in this area." said Grace as she stood up from her knees.

He nodded, and they continued their walk to the control room, but this time slowly and always keeping their guards on with the gun on hand and preparing for the worst that would come attacking them.

As they walked through the hallway, they saw a door on the side of the hallway was opened. They approached it slowly and prepared their weapons. William gave her a signal, and on the count of three, they started to go inside and search through the room.

Seemingly that there was no threat or any creatures inside it, they holstered their weapons. Only a ceramic vase was found in the middle of the room, untouched, and didn't have any sign of damage.

"Isn't that SCP-019?." William asked.

Grace was confused because she didn't know anything about it, and somehow William knew about the object within the room. "I don't know. It could be. Why does it matter?"

William huffed, "I guess this is the reason why those creatures are roaming around the facility. I don't know much about it, other than it would spawn creatures if it was bothered."

Grace looked at the vase, and it didn't seem like it would be a very bothersome SCP object that could cause a big commotion. But if what William said was true, then it was pretty understandable that this object was contained here.

"We should go and just block this room in case those creatures appear again." said Grace

William nodded to her suggestion, and both of them walked out of the room. She tried to use her card to close the door, but it was rejected. She swiped it multiple times and still showed the same result.

Knowing this was slightly annoying to her, she pulled out her Glock and then just shot the door lock. It worked, and the door closed on its own, and now it can't be opened by any conventional means.

William didn't question her method as long as it worked. They then continued their walk to the control room.

They seemed to find another junction on their path a few minutes later. But this time, it was different. Because there was a small room with glass panes in the middle of the junction, with two doors can be found on the side of that room.

Grace stopped her step, "We're here. That's the main control room of this containment area."

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

43