Chapter 31 “I’m So Scared”
1.4k 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did I manage to scare you both?" said the gorilla-looking figure with an antennae helmet on his head.

He caught both of them off guard because they weren't anticipating seeing someone like him in a place like this. Both of them holstered their weapons because he didn't seem to be a threat.

"Ooohhh yeah, you got us good. We were so scared that we had to pull out our guns so that we could defend ourselves. You really did a good job on that one," said William as he gave him a thumbs up.

Grace was a little taken aback that a friendly-looking individual was scampering around the area as the gorilla-like creature laughed maniacally and appeared to be in a good mood. She has a skeptical expression on her face.

"For me, it was no-"

William started to cough again and bumped her body again before she could even finish her sentence. He then suggested that she just go along with it. Grace sighed as she picked up the message.

"It was no doubt scary. I couldn't even keep my balance and wanted to flee in that direction in order to avoid you." Grace said helplessly.

SCP-2006, Too Spooky, a Keter Class object.

SCP-2006 must be closely observed for any changes in form, which must be reported right away. All personnel who come into touch with SCP-2006 must sign up for a class in acting that focuses on conveying fear and astonishment.

SCP-2006 is required to watch at least one brand-new, incredibly subpar horror or science fiction film per month. Every interaction with SCP-2006 must attest to the fact that SCP-2006 still thinks the aforementioned works show a masterful understanding of terror.

SCP-2006 is an anomalous spherical entity with a diameter of 50 cm in a default state. He has a tendency to scare or spread fear to as many humans as possible. How it would achieve that goal, SCP-2006 is able to alter its shape, mass, volume, density, chemical composition, and voice into any desired shape.

Currently, SCP-2006 cannot be harmed in any way that is known. Its capacity for shape-shifting is unknown. However, it is currently believed to be limitless.

Currently, SCP-2006 has shown a preference for assuming the identities of various monsters and antagonists from the various science fiction and horror films it has seen. SCP-2006 most frequently manifests as "Ro-Man" from the 1953 film Robot Monster.

Even when SCP-2006 assumes the appearance of an entity that is ordinarily incapable of speech, it is nonetheless able to speak. SCP-2006 will typically want to startle and/or frighten anybody it encounters, but it will become friendly and kind after it has done so. This is happening for an unknown reason at the moment.

While SCP-2006 was eager to spread fear and horror to humans, he had a poor perception of human emotions and couldn't differentiate between a fake and a genuine reaction.

SCP-2006 laughed again, "What do you think? Is it good enough? Is my appearance scary enough to scare the other people that would cross this path?"

"Yeah, it was good enough. You're still in that Ro-Man appearance, right? Really suits you since it's a scary-looking one." said William

"Thank you, it also scared some people before you guys?" said SCP-2006 as he tried to bow at William

Grace then questioned, "Wait, people before us?"

"Yes, there are some people who came into my room and let me out of my room. They were also scared to find me locked in my room, so scared that they let me out so that I could spread the fear!" replied SCP-2006 as he raised both of his hands, posing like a villain.

William thought about it for a moment, and said, "Were the people that came to you in a military kind of suit? With a green tint all over their uniform?"

"Correct. They were nice enough and told me that I could scare people by waiting for them in a corner and ambush them!" SCP-2006 showed him three of his fingers, "Although, there is one person that was out of the ordinary. An old guy, he doesn't wear any uniform but an orange jumpsuit."

Both Grace and William looked at each other, confirming that some of the Chaos Insurgency members had crossed through this area and let out SCP-2006 on purpose. They were doing this to lure out some time in case someone was after them. As for the other person, this left them in deep thought.

But they can't just leave SCP-2006 wandering around the area, because if it sees any other Keter SCP wandering around that is an even more dangerous version than what he currently is, it will cause the Foundation a headache to take care of it.

Then, William had an idea, "Hey, I know how to improve your scare tactics to be scarier than before. Wanna know how?"

Seeing William say this, SCP-2006 was a bit excited, "Of course! I wanted to scare not only you guys, but everyone in the world! I wanted to know what could make the humans tremble in fear!"

William smirked. Grace looked at him, but she was a bit confused about how he would handle the situation.

"Do you watch any horror movies?" asked William.

He paused for a moment and thought about it, "I did. You guys gave me some horror movies to watch just to keep me entertained and learn how to be a great scary monster. But I ended up with Ro-Man just because it was the scariest one they said out of all the movies I had."

"But have you seen any modern horror movies that are shocking to people around the world? The movie was so famous because it was derived from a classic horror novel and shown in the theater. Everyone was so scared by it."

SCP-2006 quickly got excited about it, and he immediately asked, "Ooh?! What was that movie about, and why is everyone so scared about it?"

William pointed his finger and leaned towards SCP-2006. "It's a movie about a clown that kidnaps children. It traumatized many people because of how scary the clown is!"

"A clown, you say?" SCP-2006 as he thinks about it, he then transforms into a clown that he could imagine from one of the movies he saw before, "Like this?"

"That's perfect!" said William as he gave SCP-2006 two thumbs up.

SCP-2006 was getting the hang of his new look. He then asked William again, "Then, what do that clown do in that movie so that it would terrify people?"

"Now, all you need to do is to go to the door where your room is and then just stand there menacingly."

"Just stand in front of my door and do nothing else?" SCP-2006 asked, since he was a bit confused as to how it would be effective to scare people.

William laughed, "Just imagine people walking down this hallway, a dark and bloody hallway that they don't know what lurks in it. Suddenly, you were there, just standing at the end of the hallway, looking at them menacingly. They don't know what you are and what your intention is. Fear of the unknown is what is best against the humans. Isn't that right, Captain?"

Grace nodded helplessly, "Correct. As someone that fought a lot of enemies, I would be scared if I didn't know what the enemy was."

"See? What did I tell you? It would be effective for sure, and you'll scare them without even having to work really hard!"

William patted SCP-2006 on the back and started to put one of his hands around SCP-2006's shoulder. But then afterward, he felt a warm sensation throughout his body after making contact with him.

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

42