Chapter 56 “Iris Thompson”
666 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another group had arrived at the training area, and a blonde-haired adolescent girl with blue eyes emerged from their vehicle. Others wore military clothes and several carried luggage from the car.

Secretary Noah stared at them, pleased that the group had arrived without incident. A man with short black hair and a neck gaiter came out of the vehicle and headed toward Secretary Noah.

William didn't recognize any of the other Foundation personnel who had come into the area, but he had seen that blonde girl before. It was evident that her appearances were distinguishable.

SCP-105, Iris Thompson, is classified as a Euclid class object.

SCP-105 has a tracking device implanted and is currently contained at Site-17. SCP-105 was given a Level 3 Security Clearance by the site personnel, under the consideration of good behavior and cooperation with the Foundation personnel.

SCP-105's personal camera (designated as SCP-105-B) is to be stored in Site-19's High Value Item Storage Facility storage box. SCP-105 and SCP-105-B, as well as any other camera, are only to be allowed to come into touch with the current head researcher's permission.

Iris Thompson, or SCP-105, is a European descent female with blonde hair and blue eyes, 1.54 meters in height and 50 kilograms in weight. She does not appear to have any unusual physical qualities and appears to be a normal human being.

SCP-105-B is a 1982 Polaroid One Step Express camera. It does not appear to have any unusual physical qualities and appears to be a standard Polaroid camera that normally works for everyone except SCP-105.

When SCP-105 holds a photograph taken by SCP-105-B, the image transforms from a still image to a real-time image of the location. SCP-105 is able to reach, manipulate and alter objects within the area through the polaroid. 

The moment SCP-105 tampered with it, witnesses reported seeing a disembodied female hand emerge through an invisible portal. SCP-105-B performs normally and does not exhibit any anomalous properties when utilized by another individual.

While SCP-105 was able to show its ability to manipulate objects through other photographs, she could only exert a finer result through SCP-105-B. Only through that, was SCP-105 able to perform full control of her ability. 

It was none other than SCP-105 or Iris Thompson. As exactly as William had predicted, Pandora's Box would recruit her to be part of the team due to her ability and diligence to the Foundation.

The military personnel with the neck gaiter arrived where William, Grace, and Secretary Noah were having a conversation.

"Reporting, the delegation from Site-17 had arrived with SCP-105. We're just preparing our stuff before we can start our operation." said the military personnel.

Secretary Noah waved his hand, "Take your time, Agent Stevenson. All of us just arrived here, and enjoy it while you still can to know your new place better."

Stevenson nodded his head, then Secretary Noah continued, "How was SCP-105 regarding the whole trip? Was she doing anything out of the ordinary?"

"She was a bit reluctant at first. Granted, she was just a kid, and putting her into the team was not the brightest idea. Given the condition that you are willing to grant her, she went along with the plan." answered Stevenson.

Hearing this, Secretary Noah smiled, "Good, good. Hope she'll be cooperative regarding her duties in Pandora's Box."

Iris then walked up to the crowd, and noticed all of them were talking about something. She then asked, "What are you guys up to?"

Secretary Noah instinctively replied, "Welcome to Pandora's Box, SCP-105. Nothing in particular, Stevenson here just to report his assignment for the day. Looking forward to our cooperation in the future and make yourself at home here." 

Iris was a bit confused about who she was talking to. She didn't have any idea since Secretary Noah didn't come to Site-17 to arrange their meetings like William and Grace.

Stevenson followed, "Oh, Iris. This is Secretary Noah. Basically, he's the one who's in charge of the whole operation here." he looked at Grace and William, "As for these guys…."

"We're from Site-199. My name is Grace and this is SCP Alpha One, or you guys would prefer to call him William." replied Grace as she introduced both of them.

Hearing this, Iris gazed her attention directly to William. She was a bit shocked to see that William was also an SCP just like her. She then took a closer look at him.

"Are you also one of us? That's amazing! Tell me, what is your anomalous ability? Knowing that you are a part of Pandora's Box, I would have imagined that you possess something extraordinary." asked Iris as she looked at William full of curiosity.

William was a bit perplexed by her sudden behavior. He answered, "I… I have something that you guys know as regeneration. You know, self-healing kind of stuff. Just like in the movies."

She was a bit bummed that it was just a passive anomalous ability, "Just that? That's a bit anticlimactic."

William then sighed, "I could also do this to an extent." 

Later, he raised his hand and began to transform the palm into a cat paw. William's hand began to change into a paw and developed furs all over it. Then he made an effort to show Iris by moving his fingers.

"Oh, wow. That is cute! So you can turn into some kind of a cat demi-human?" asked Iris in amazement as she touched William's hand that was turned into a cat's paw. 

William exhaled, "No, not like that. I could turn part of my body into something else that I want. Of course, I could only do this at the moment. So, yeah. That's my anomalous ability if you wanted to call it that."

Grace was a little taken aback by William's ability to acquire such an anomalous ability. Because when she read about his document, there was no other mention regarding this type of anomaly. Only regeneration was mentioned.

As he observed William's remarkable capacity to transform his hand into something else, Secretary Noah's eyes narrowed. It appears that he became intrigued by this new anomalous ability that William possesses.

Secretary Noah's eye caught sight of another elevator that had just arrived as they conversed and got to know one another. Only a few individuals could fit inside because it was so small.

Coming out of the elevator came a tall, fit-looking person wearing a military uniform, who was followed by two other military personnel holding firearms as they approached Secretary Noah.

The two shared a brief moment of eye contact before the athletic man turned to look at William, Grace, Iris, and the other group members.

He then asked, "Is this all? Or are we waiting for other people that haven't yet arrived here?" 

Secretary Noah then nodded, "Not yet. There was still another group that was on their way here. I have contacted them first before the others, but If I were to guess, they encountered a bit of a problem when trying to transfer him here."

The man's eyebrow raised, "A problem?"

"Haven't you read the files that I gave to you, Commander Blake? It contains all of the information of your whole squad that will serve under your lead." Secretary Noah answered.

Commander Blake shrugged his hands, "With all the things that were coming in and out of my desks lately, I haven't got the time to check them out personally. I'll look at it when I have the time. Those people above gave me a total headache."

While they were having a conversation, the main elevator that William and Iris had used to come through here opened. It seemed that another group had finally arrived at Site-19, and they were the last one of the whole squad.

Both Iris and William had arrived with a military truck to transport them to Site-19. This one was different. It was a steel-plated military prisoner transport vehicle, and several military personnel were guarding next to the vehicle on foot. 

The steel was thick enough to contain the damage that kept something from bursting through the car, even if it was banging from inside. They then move on to the area of the training ground.

Every personnel in the area who was working stopped what they were doing to look in the direction the vehicle was heading. They might not be able to guess what's inside, but one thing is for certain: it wasn't something pleasant.

"Speak of the devil." said Secretary Noah as he smiled, looking at the vehicle. 

20