Chapter 59 “Marshal, Carter, and Dark”
765 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stevenson interrupted their conversation by calling them both to the briefing room; it appeared that they would be participating in the first mission of the Mobile Task Force as a Pandora's Box in the field.

The briefing room was now filled with additional Pandora's Box operators, along with Iris, who attended the briefing. There weren't many operators being contacted at this particular time, so it was probably simply a quick job for the day.

"Please have a seat. We'll start the presentation momentarily." said Commander Blake as he was preparing files and documents on his desk.

Stevenson, Grace, and William sat on the chairs that were prepared in the briefing room, the lights were turned off, and a projector started to show a white screen.

Commander Blake then gave one of the operators in the briefing room a handful of documents to be passed along.

"All of the information regarding your target and current mission will be inside the document, but I'll get it through quickly regarding our first operation." said Commander Blake.

He then continued, "As you may know, SCP-3934 had been in Foundation's acquisition for a long time in the 20th century from one of the Groups of Interest that had been under our watch until now."

Commander Blake pressed a button to show the next slide of the presentation, "The Marshal, Carter, and Dark had started to move once again, started selling SCP-3934 to be classified as "Exotic Pets" for the rich."

A picture of SCP-3934 taken by the Marshal, Carter, and Dark was shown on the screen. It shows that the creature was listed as one of the items to be auctioned.

He then continued, "There will be an auction held by Marshal, Carter, and Dark in about 7 days from now on. They haven't announced yet where the auction will take place, but it's certain that it's somewhere in New York."

"But don't worry, our Intelligence Team will provide some additional information regarding the place for you guys to arrange a plan. All of you had about a week to prepare how to secure SCP-3934 from their hands." said Commander Blake, finishing his presentation.

All of the people that were present in the briefing room were busy reading the documents in their hands. It contained a lot of basic information regarding Marshal, Carter, and Dark and their target, SCP-3934.

Grace wasn't familiar with the Group of Interest called Marshal, Carter, and Dark. This was her first time hearing or knowing about them, since she had never crossed paths with any of the group.

She then asked, "So, We're just going to raid their auction and steal the anomalies like we used to do with other groups of interest?"

Commander Blake shook his head, "Not exactly."

Confused by this answer, she asked, "But why?"

"Because we don't want Marshal, Carter, and Dark to realize that it's the work of a Foundation's personnel tampering with their business in the community." said Stevenson as he flipped the document in his hands.

Iris, William, and Grace's attention were drawn to him. Looking at the situation, he explained, "There's a reason why Foundation doesn't want to outright raid Marshal, Carter, and Dark operation despite they've been doing it countless times."

Stevenson pointed his index fingers upwards, "Because we don't want people from the above to have a bad reputation and relationship with the general public. Especially with the New York governor itself."

Commander Blake replied, "Stevenson is correct. Marshal, Carter, and Dark were known to have a big reputation amongst the elites in the entire world because most of them are their clients."

He continued, "Their influences were so big that most of their auctions were attended by rich people, celebrities, and several other political figures. While most of them sent their delegates to attend, they have deep connections nonetheless."

Stevenson continued his explanation, "Foundation made a few political relations with the government so that they could operate without having any bureaucracy issues in case there's an anomaly on the loose in that region."

"With the influences that Marshal, Carter, and Dark had, they could decide the fate of the economy in that city. Like flipping a coin, in just a matter of a moment, the market would crash, and that city's government would have no other choice but to comply with their regulations." said Stevenson as he closed the documents.

"Which is why we can't afford to reveal that the whole operation of securing SCP-3934 was done by the Foundation. Because it would make the Foundation External Affairs some problem regarding the situation." Stevenson finished his explanation.

The situation was more elevated than they could imagine. They'll face a group that was notorious to the general public. Political games aren't something they should've interfered with, and they were tasked with such a big responsibility on their first day on the job.

Forcefully raiding and provoking them in the name of Foundation wasn't going to work, because it could only do more harm than good. While they may have fewer arms power, their influence and connections are their main strength.

Iris pondered for a moment, and she asked, "So, what are we going to do? Like, it doesn't seem that we have many options on how to obtain SCP-3934 from their hands without being recognized as someone from the SCP Foundation."

Commander Blake then responded, "That's exactly what Pandora's Box is. They knew the existence of the Foundation and how we would do anything to "steal" their assets to be in our possession. But they don't know Pandora's Box."

He continued, "They knew that we always contain and secure SCPs so that it won't interfere with the general public, which is why we have a bit of the upper hand here."

Commander Blake then pointed to Iris and William, "They won't know both of you, an SCP, would be wandering around in the public. The idea of an SCP roaming around in the auction doing Foundation's task was something they wouldn't think of."

"That's why both of you are going to be the main key operation of securing SCP-3934 altogether without being noticed that you are part of the SCP Foundation. Especially you, Alpha One. You're Foundation's newest SCP." said Commander Blake as he gazed at William.

All of the people in the briefing room turned their attention to Iris and William at the same time after this statement. Making both of them a little uncertain about the circumstance.

William reluctantly asked, "So, all of you are going to put the whole operation to be wholly operated by her and me in the auction?"

Commander Blake smiled, "Precisely, this is a covert operation. Both of you will be our main agents, blending in into the group and obtaining SCP-3934 once you finally have the chance to take them from their hands."

17