Chapter 74 “Nowhere To Run”
276 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gale finished writing on the walls as the approaching steps got closer and closer. He was about to launch an assault on the person walking down the hallway. He was ready to do it when Skye grabbed his hand and forced him to stop.

He looked at her in confusion, giving a hint to Skye that he wouldn't dare to take the chance of being found out at this point. She rolled her eyes to Gale, pointing toward the scanner on the vault.

They could see the shadow from the corner as it got closer. Skye walked up to the corner and was ready to put that person under her spell so that they could access the fault using their face. 

It was the man with slick hair and a mustache, the same person who had made an announcement regarding the auction earlier. He was stunned as he turned to the corner and saw three unidentified people can be seen in the hallway.

Before he could react, Skye put her hands on his face and pinned him down on the floor as she was trying to get that person to be under her control. 

He resisted for a moment, seemingly unfazed by her spell, and unlike the other staff members whose minds had been controlled by her, his pupils did not enlarge. He was unique and appeared to be impervious to her influence.

"Who the hell are you people?!" shouted the man.

He made an attempt to escape Skye's pin, but he was unable because she had a firm hold of him. She fought so hard to control his mind, but she was struggling.

She then shouted, "Vale, get a grip of this man!" 

Vale sprinted over to her in a split second and began to summon a thread from her hands. She then tied the man's arms together, and they both held him hostage, ensuring he had no intention of fleeing.

A small hole on top of Vale's shoulder appeared out of thin air, and a Glock appeared from the inside. She grabbed the Glock from it and gave it to Gale. 

"Alright then, big guy, don't move or I'll shoot your brains out." said Gale in a threatening tone while pointing the Glock to his head. 

The man had just been tied, and a gun was being held to his head, so Vale and Skye both backed away from him. She couldn't figure out why the man was impervious to her spell and was unable to control his mind.

The man grunted, "You messed with the wrong people. Think you can get away from this place after what you've done?"

"I don't know, you tell me." answered Gale, "You alright, Skye?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine." replied Skye as she was still in disbelief.

Seeing that she was fine after all the small fight, he looked at the man, "Now, it just so happens that you are here, and we have a thing to do."

Gale then pointed at the vault, and the man who was still on the ground laughed. He didn't seem to take their words seriously despite being in a hostage situation. 

He replied, "You'd think that just because you can walk and enter this area, I would help you on entering that room? No way, I'll pass that offer. Thank you very much."

"I'm not asking you. I'm telling you to do it." said Gale as he pressed his Glock to one of the man's legs.

The man looked Gale in the eyes and said, "What if I don't want to?" 

He shot the man in the leg without any additional discussion. The man took a shot to the leg at point blank range and groaned in pain. The blood coursed through the floor, and he was gasping for air as if wringing in agony.

"I could do this all day," said Gale. He then moved his Glock to the man's other leg, "Now, we could let you go with only one leg left for the rest of your life, or you're a masochist that likes to play with this kind of thing."

"Don't make it hard on yourself. We gave you a choice whether you're going to do it the easy way or the hard way." said Vale as she held onto the threads that tied him to the ground.

The man was mad that the three of them managed to infiltrate their auction and got him cornered, as he was left with no choice but to comply. 

"Fine, I'll do it." answered the man, "Help me out here as you stupid headshot my fucking leg."

Gale laughed at his answer. Vale then helped the man stand up to his knees by putting his hand over her shoulder. She guided him to the scanner as it was the only thing they needed to get into the vault. 

He kneeled and started to put his face into the scanner. It took about a few seconds, and the vault lock mechanism started to move. The three of them looked delighted as they were able to get past through the vault's security.

As the vault door opened, they could see the huge room filled with artifacts, treasures, and jewelry that had been auctioned before. They walked into the room and looked around to scan everything.

"What a loadout. I'd say it's worth tens of millions if not hundreds, am I right?" Gale whistled in amazement as he gazed at the man.

He didn't react to anything; all he could do was stare at them intently as the enemies crept inside their safe room containing all the assets they had just sold to the clients.

Several items were displayed on the pedestal with a glass casing. There were a lot of precious things that they could steal, and most of them were anomalous.

Vale looked at the diamond necklace that was on display, "Oh, wow. This is beautiful. Are we allowed to get ourselves a little bit of a souvenir?" 

"Go ahead, but you'll have to carry it yourself. I don't want anything that would only be a burden for us later, as our main objective is just to steal one thing." answered Skye.

Vale was thrilled when she heard this and immediately proceeded to take the display down and put the diamond necklace in her pockets. The man could only turn his head away after seeing this scene.

The spear, which was hidden inside a box and was as rustic and antique as Gray had described it to them, was subsequently discovered by Skye. The only thing left to do was leave because they had finally obtained their objective.

Both Vale and Gale looked at her as she held the spear, "It feels like just another spear that we had before. Alright, we have everything we need. Let's just get the hell out of here."

"The Community will find you guys anyway. You can run, but I doubt you can run forever as they hunt down you people after stealing things from us." said the man in an intimidating tone.

"Be my guest, but I doubt that you guys were able to do it." replied Skye as she searched through other items in the vault one by one.

Hearing this, the man got a little bit tempered, "Who are you guys? Some robbers? Mercenaries paid by someone? Either way, you guys are dead once you step out of this building."

"Don't be so cocky, big guy. We're in charge here, and that wasn't so nice of you to speak in that tone to us like that. Besides, why do we even tell you about it? Even if you tried to stop us, we'd just get rid of them that are in our way." said Gale as he pointed his Glock once again.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." said the man as he smirked at all of them.

The lights in the room and the hallway turned red as soon as he said that. The emergency alarm went off because of something that had transpired. The man did nothing but smile as everything abruptly changed.

Gale walked up to him and found out that he had been contacting the other personnel through his watch. Signaling others to come to the safe room and put an alert to every staff in the building.

"You sneaky motherfucker." 

He shot the man in the head, and his body dropped to the floor, lifeless. The emergency alarm was triggered, and there was only one way out of the building. 

"What should we do now, Skye?" asked Vale as she was about to pull out something from her hands.

She thought about it for a moment, looking at the items that were inside the vault. "We don't have any choice, do we? Might as well steal all these for the guys in the base to enjoy."

Vale looked at her with a worrying look, "How are we going to accomplish that?"

Skye then held the spear in her hands and said, "Why don't we do a little bit of experiment with this spear?

7