Chapter 2: Colliding Worlds
64 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can hear them call out my name, but it eventually fades. All that was left for me was the void. An empty abyss. I get this weird fuzzy feeling. It's soothing. Then comes beeping. What? Beeping? I try opening my eyes, but they feel heavy. I eventually force them open. As my vision starts to clear itself, I see white walls. This isn't Plumeria. I look around and see machines linked up to me. Fuck. How did I get back to earth?

If I'm on earth, are the others with me? This thought worries me. I attempt to move but it hurts. Right, my wounds. I try checking for the stab wound left by Janus and see a scar and some stitches. Sheesh. I wonder how long it will take for it to go away. It reminds me of the time I got burned by boiled water. Probably not my best moment. 

My arms are sore. Maybe I pulled a muscle. I wouldn't be surprised if I did anyway. I remove the mask from my mouth and attempt to speak but end up coughing instead. After my coughing session, I attempted to call out Mokon.

Link: "Mokon."

No response. Maybe I should try to call out Luna. I look around and see Eclipse's scabbard. The sword is gone. Ok, no point then. I sigh to myself. Now the real question is, how do I get these things off of me? I turn to the door as steps are heard. A nurse dressed in blue checks on me, or which I'd assume so. I have never been sent to a hospital so I wouldn't really know. Actually, that's a lie. I have been to a hospital in Tsev but that's slightly different.

Nurse: "Oh, you're awake. I should inform the doctor."

The nurse dashes off. Well, I was correct anyway. Isn't this common knowledge? Man, I'm fucking stupid. I sigh again. I look out the window and look at the buildings. Not that it matters since I have no idea where I am. Though, if I were to get my bag back, I could use my phone to check. That's if it is still alive anyway. It is powered off so it shouldn't lose any battery technically, but phones tend to lose battery anyway.

Man, I hope everyone's okay. I turn back to the door as the footsteps return and the doctor enters with the nurse.

Doctor: "I see you are awake. How are you feeling?"

Link: "Like shit. But it could be worse."

Doctor: "Hm. Well, you're lucky to survive. If you hadn't made it, you would have died."

Link: "Was anyone with me? My friends?"

Doctor: "Yes, I believe there were three others with you in similar conditions."

Link: "Are they okay?"

Doctor: "Yes, they should make it. Though you are the first to wake up."

Link: "I see." I look down as I am filled with relief before looking back at the doctor "Anyway, how long have we been unconscious?"

Doctor: "A week and a half. We are surprised that the wounds on all of you are healing fast. It's as if it were magic."

It probably was magic. Thanks, Melia and Luna.

Doctor: "Also were you four attacked? The wounds you all have suggested so."

Link: "You could say that."

Doctor: "Hm. I will file a report to the police."

The earth shakes. Not enough to throw us off but a small rumble.

Link: "What was that?"

Doctor: "Another minor earthquake.  These have been happening for a week and a half now. It's bizarre. They occur every now and then. Nothing like a real earthquake though. Though it may be connected to Earth doubling in size."

Link: "Wait... Earth doubled in size?"

Doctor: "Yeah, it did. It's weird. How could this happen?"

If Earth doubled in size. Does that mean the worlds merged? Oh fuck. God fucking damn it. It's my fault, isn't it? Tsk. If only I was better and defeated Janus. I...

Doctor: "Well, these are none of your concerns for now." he gets up "You should rest."

No. I can't rest. I need to know what happened.

Link: "Hey, could you remove everything so I can leave?"

Doctor: "Leave? No. I can't, you're still injured."

Link: "I still have important business with my friends. I need to make sure they're okay."

The doctor thinks to himself but agrees with it. He and the nurse help me get rid of the equipment and other stuff on me.

Link: "Also, my clothes. Do you still have them? Same with my belongings."

Doctor: "Sure, but your clothes? They are torn, are you sure you want them?"

Link: "Yes."

The doctor tells the nurse to get my clothes and my belongings. The nurse comes back quickly with everything.

Doctor: "Strange, your clothes were all torn. Now they're fixed." he turns to the nurse "Do any of you guys know sewing or knitting?"

Nurse: "No, I don't think so. Unless someone does."

Huh, well glad to know the magic in the clothes and chainmail were able to repair itself with little mana molecules. Though, I should probably not tell them. I tell them to leave so I can change clothes and they exit, but before the doctor leaves he asks me one more question.

Doctor: "I forgot to ask. Is your name Maximus Vang? I called your family, but they said their son wasn't hurt because he was home. If I am correct, is it family trouble?"

Maximus...  That was one of the names my dad chose for me at birth. Then that means... Damn. That's sad then.

Link: "No. I am not. My name is Link Vang"

Doctor: "I see. Thank you."

He closes the door as he leaves. I get undressed and start changing. I finish changing and notice that there's no plate armor. I guess it got destroyed somehow. My shield is gone too. All I have are my scabbard and magic bag. I put my scabbard on my back and opened the bag. I notice both the shattered ice and fire sword. One of them must have put it in here. I pull both of them out and look at them.

This is what's left of my two friends from earth. The twins... I'll miss them. But I suppose I should be happy that I can see them again on this earth. After all, this isn't the earth we lived on. I can't help but feel lonely though. Heh. Well, no use dwelling on it. Though I suppose that's a lie as I will dwell on it later. Ah, wait I forgot which rooms Melia and them are in. Fuck. Well, actually, maybe we're next to each other. That would make sense.

I pull out the guild badge for Linking World, which is funny considering how the worlds are actually together now. Well, yeah. I look at the badge and stare at the solar eclipse projected on it. I tap on it and activate it to locate guild members. A map is projected out of the badge like a hologram. Yeah, we're pretty fucking far. I don't know how far I am but we're a couple oceans away from them. I sigh and put the badge on my belt.

I reach for my phone and turn it on. It's alive, barely though. 

Link: "20%, huh."

I go to maps and while the maps aren't done yet, probably due to the colliding worlds, this is my hometown. Huh, neat. Maybe Melia knew of this? How though? Well, whatever. I shut it off and put it back in the bag. Now it's time to think of a plan. But without Mokon or Luna or even Leticia, I'm lost. Well, shit.

0